Massive Violent Anti-Milo Protests at UC Berkeley
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:54:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Massive Violent Anti-Milo Protests at UC Berkeley
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Massive Violent Anti-Milo Protests at UC Berkeley  (Read 6108 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2017, 08:42:15 AM »

"If U.C. Berkeley does not allow free speech and practices violence on innocent people with a different point of view - NO FEDERAL FUNDS?"
--@realDonaldTrump
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/827112633224544256

What can you expect of someone who thinks that college is nothing more than a training ground?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2017, 08:47:11 AM »

More free press for Milo, the ease at which he trolls some of you is astonishing.

There's a difference between trolling and being a d--che.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2017, 08:58:54 AM »

Yeah sure, go ahead and cut off funds to the university which has produced about 50 nobel laureates so far and currently employs seven of them on their faculty.

This along with the decision to invite Infowars into the White House Press Corps will further help in dumbing the country down.
Klartext89

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2017, 09:02:07 AM »

Yeah sure, go ahead and cut off funds to the university which has produced about 50 nobel laureates so far and currently employs seven of them on their faculty.

This along with the decision to invite Infowars into the White House Press Corps will further help in dumbing the country down.

50 nobel laureates are no excuse for creating and supporting terrorism and civil war. I doubt that anyone of these 50 would endorse such a behaviour.

Dumbing down because of cut funding or giving press credentials? You only have to watch TV before 8pm today to get dumb.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2017, 09:14:12 AM »

"If U.C. Berkeley does not allow free speech and practices violence on innocent people with a different point of view - NO FEDERAL FUNDS?"
--@realDonaldTrump
Wow, hope that happens!

Lmao, what a foolish thing to say. As if the administration and the overwhelming majority of the university sat down and had a vote on raiding Milo's whatever.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2017, 09:41:51 AM »

--@realDonaldTrump
Wow, hope that happens!

Amen, Brother David! My wildest dreams keep coming true every day!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2017, 09:54:53 AM »

More free press for Milo, the ease at which he trolls some of you is astonishing.

There's a difference between trolling and being a d--che.
Sometimes maybe, but certainly not all the time...and it's subjective anyway, right?

"Oh man, we totally got you good by cancelling our event and complaining on Twitter about 'tolerant left'. LMAO!"
We never would have heard about it except for the stupid protests.  So yeah, free press.  I'm sure he'd thank them if it wouldn't ruin the schtick he's got going on.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2017, 10:16:35 AM »

--@realDonaldTrump
Wow, hope that happens!

I don't know whether to laugh or not at this

Whatever gets these lunatics out of my country faster.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2017, 10:25:11 AM »

--@realDonaldTrump
Wow, hope that happens!

Do you think that any foreign nation would accept the Antifa?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2017, 10:26:14 AM »

--@realDonaldTrump
Wow, hope that happens!

Do you think that any foreign nation would accept the Antifa?

The People's Republic of California
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2017, 10:29:24 AM »

All the radical far left does is bitch, moan, and complain. Honestly they aren't doing anything productive and they never have ever. They believe that free speech is only speech that fulfills their ideology and hate speech is their opposition. Those protesters don't understand how the first amendment works and anyone that supports their chaotic cause as well. Milo is smug, arrogant, an ass, and a troll but he has the right to be that way. Those protesters don't have the right to be violent and cause chaos. Trump ought to send the national guard and cut off federal funding.

I've seen more action from "radical far-leftists" than I have from the alt-right, who spend more time getting their asses kicked and bitching and moaning online about "the tolerant left".
Vcrew192
Rookie
United States

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2017, 10:33:28 AM »

On principle, Milo should be allowed to talk because free speech wasn't designed to protect speech that you want to hear; if it were, then we wouldn't need the law because no one is gonna suppress speech that they like to hear. It was designed to protect ugly, hateful, contradictory speech that you don't want to hear.

HOWEVER the Heckler's Veto has been recognized by the Supreme Court many times for good reason and I believe it applies well here. The Black Bloc riots on Berkeley started for the express purpose of stopping Milo and had ascended to violence before he even took the stage. The university was acting in the name of safety in response to direct threat of a reacting party's violence and had every right to stop Milo. If you read Berkeley's press release it is clear that their attention was NOT to suppress the speech of an acting party but to prevent further violence from the reacting party. Pulling federal funding in the name of the 1st amendment would be a demonstration of constitutional ignorance on the part of the president and a completely improper reaction.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2017, 10:39:18 AM »

I don't know why Democrats are being blamed for the riots against a fascist's speech. The rioters are anarchists. They are like the ISIS who popped up in the rebellion against the Baath Party.

krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2017, 11:21:49 AM »

Liberals pepper spray a woman.....because...war on women.

Link

Elsewhere they wrecked another Starbucks and beat up some guys with baseball bats.
Hollywood
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2017, 11:24:27 AM »

I don't know why Democrats are being blamed for the riots against a fascist's speech. The rioters are anarchists. They are like the ISIS who popped up in the rebellion against the Baath Party.

This is always the line from the Democrats.  They encourage and incite members of their party to  Protest (resist) with inflammatory speech, and then claim its just "anarchists" when their protest turns violent.  These are Democrats.  Its always been Democrats, and there is plenty of evidence all over the internet that Democrats support this type of violent behavior with extreme ISIS-like rhetoric masked in free speech.   Stop lighting the fire if you can't control it.

DEMOCRATS ARE BLAMED BECAUSE THEY ARE ALWAYS TO BLAME!
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2017, 11:27:51 AM »

This is always the line from the Democrats.  They encourage and incite members of their party to  Protest (resist) with inflammatory speech, and then claim its just "anarchists" when their protest turns violent.  These are Democrats.  Its always been Democrats, and there is plenty of evidence all over the internet that Democrats support this type of violent behavior with extreme ISIS-like rhetoric masked in free speech.   Stop lighting the fire if you can't control it.

I see. And have you seen a doctor over this?
Hollywood
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2017, 11:31:16 AM »

Democrats riot in DC on Inauguration Day, throw rocks at police and destroy property

Democrat groups send out protestors to Trump Campaign to incite riots

Democrat attempts to attack Trump  during Campaign and Liberal Media treats man like hero

Democrats burn down the town of Ferguson

These things happened?  I guess I must have been hallucinating.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2017, 11:33:47 AM »

Democrats riot in DC on Inauguration Day, throw rocks at police and destroy property

Democrat groups send out protestors to Trump Campaign to incite riots

Democrat attempts to attack Trump  during Campaign and Liberal Media treats man like hero

Democrats burn down the town of Ferguson

These things happened?  I guess I must have been hallucinating.

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2017, 11:37:04 AM »

crickets
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2017, 11:46:26 AM »

Yeah, the rich lefty liberal cool kids like to set fires and put barricades through windows.  Free speach?  Eh, not so much.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2017, 11:50:31 AM »

Is this "i think the administration was involved in the violence" or "i don't like Berkeley so cut their funding anyway"?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2017, 12:03:26 PM »

Yeah, the rich lefty liberal cool kids like to set fires and put barricades through windows.  Free speach?  Eh, not so much.

I don't think you've met those anarchists. I have. They're not rich lefty cool kids by any stretch.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2017, 12:24:54 PM »

Is this "i think the administration was involved in the violence" or "i don't like Berkeley so cut their funding anyway"?

How about "the administration is complicit in fostering and promoting the environment where something like this is seen as acceptable and goes unpunished."
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2017, 12:27:44 PM »

How about "the administration is complicit in fostering and promoting the environment where something like this is seen as acceptable and goes unpunished."

I don't know how the administration is responsible for hunting down anarchist cells in Oakland and arresting their members.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2017, 12:28:37 PM »

I don't know how the administration is responsible for hunting down anarchist cells in Oakland and arresting their members.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies