Opinions of Tom Cotton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:51:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinions of Tom Cotton
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Your opinions of Tom Cotton, junior federal Republican senator from Arkansas
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 81

Author Topic: Opinions of Tom Cotton  (Read 3081 times)
peterthlee
China

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 27, 2017, 09:42:23 PM »
« edited: February 19, 2017, 01:31:11 AM by peterthlee »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Cotton
Personal opinion:
Ultra-massive HP for intruding Chinese authority on Hong Kong:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/senate-bill/3469 (too nationalistic and extreme, if I say in this way)

Sticking to Trumpism quite tightly (maybe due to his state's political landscape) but still somewhat adhering to conservative principles. However, Trumpism is masking his political principles recently. On balance, lean HP.

Update on 19 Feb 2017: move my opinion to strong HP. See my reply on the second page.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 09:44:19 PM »

Pretty solid FF.

He's decently to the right of me on most issues but I like him a lot.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 09:47:10 PM »

Major HP.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 09:48:10 PM »

Most frightening non-Trump administration official in the country.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 09:53:24 PM »

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 12:29:15 AM »

Just awful.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 02:27:09 AM »

Basically a blood-gargling maniac when it comes to foreign policy, and a foot soldier for the far right on everything else. HP.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 03:50:12 AM »

Agent of Israel.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 06:16:46 AM »

Ah, yes. These conspiring Jewish bankers taking over the world. Or is it Hollywood? Or Zionism? Or Israel? Sorry, hard to keep up with the most recent antisemitic dog-whistle.
Anyway, HP due to extreme views.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 07:56:11 AM »

Ah, yes. These conspiring Jewish bankers taking over the world. Or is it Hollywood? Or Zionism? Or Israel? Sorry, hard to keep up with the most recent antisemitic dog-whistle.

Well, he is funded by Adelson (the guy who says he's ashamed to have served in the American army instead of the Israeli one, yet instead of moving there stays here and tries to buy our elections), and Kristol (who's family started the Neo-Con movement, and advocated at AIPAC grooming pro-Israeli politicians). But of course, any criticism of Israel is anti-Semitic.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 07:58:43 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

He's pretty clearly scum.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2017, 08:08:59 AM »

Even as vile Republican Senators go, he's particularly terrible.
Clarence Boddicker

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -5.91

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 08:18:29 AM »

DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2017, 09:13:00 AM »

Tom Cotton is an FF, but my opinion of him has gone down because of the fact that he sold out on all of his "principles" (which apparently weren't actual principles) to show he's a big Trump supporter, which is especially sad to see on issues related to Russia. That said, still one of the best.

Well, he is funded by Adelson (the guy who says he's ashamed to have served in the American army instead of the Israeli one, yet instead of moving there stays here and tries to buy our elections), and Kristol (who's family started the Neo-Con movement, and advocated at AIPAC grooming pro-Israeli politicians). But of course, any criticism of Israel is anti-Semitic.
Lol, yeah, that's exactly Parrotguy's position Roll Eyes When did you become an anti-Semite, dude?
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2017, 09:14:11 AM »

Tom Cotton is an FF, but my opinion of him has gone down because of the fact that he sold out on all of his "principles" (which apparently weren't actual principles) to show he's a big Trump supporter, which is especially sad to see on issues related to Russia. That said, still one of the best.

Lol, yeah, that's exactly Parrotguy's position Roll Eyes When did you become an anti-Semite, dude?

Thanks for proving my point.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2017, 09:29:57 AM »

No. I have alot of criticism towards the Israeli government (mainly because I live here), but calling someone 'an agent of Israel', and thus an HP, smells bad because:
1. Believe me, I despise Adelson, but Tom Cotton is not nearly the only candidate backed by him.
2. You're assuming he can't be pro-Israeli without the rich Jews bribing him.
3. The accusation that the Jews are controlling everyone with their money is an old one, calling pro-Israeli politicians 'agents' feels very uncomfortable.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2017, 10:56:11 AM »

Look forward to spending my mid-20s in President Cotton's march on Tehran.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2017, 12:57:18 PM »

Lean HP.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2017, 02:19:29 PM »

Terrible, but it's not as if the Democrats are any better when it comes to foreign policy.

Most other Republicans are better than Tom Cotton when it comes to foreign policy.

I'm just glad that a) he'll never become president, b) even if he does, I'll be too old for the draft age by then, and c) I'm both physically and mentally unfit for service anyhow.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2017, 02:19:54 PM »

You have no point. Your ideology has become a collection incoherent garbage.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2017, 03:03:31 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2017, 03:05:35 PM by Caripace Clavicle Moundshroud »

You said your first priority if you were President would be to change us policy towards Israel, didn't you? Seems you want American foreign policy to serve Israel, so I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2017, 03:12:58 PM »

You said your first priority if you were President would be to change us policy towards Israel, didn't you? Seems you want American foreign policy to serve Israel, so I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with.
You do realize that Israel is one part of American foreign policy, which is one part of overall government policy?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2017, 03:20:09 PM »

Awful.

SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2017, 03:20:38 PM »

No, I said I would change the entire policy on the Middle East (which, yes, includes Israel). I would also drastically change our approach to Russia.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2017, 03:40:03 PM »

The kind of cancer that was killing the party until Trump's hostile takeover.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies