VP Pence to speak at March for Life tomorrow
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:29:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  VP Pence to speak at March for Life tomorrow
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: VP Pence to speak at March for Life tomorrow  (Read 1130 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 26, 2017, 06:22:17 PM »

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaking-vice-president-mike-pence-will-speak-at-march-for-life

This is the first time ever that the President or VP will address the March in person and is yet another sign of how committed to life this administration is!
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 06:53:55 PM »

Cheesy
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 07:00:19 PM »

I support life for the whole administration, from the illegitimate president Pussygrabber on down.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 07:00:38 PM »

So my question is, what happens after they are born, and the parent(s) cannot take are of them? Multiplied by thousands? The Repulicans don't seem to care about what happens AFTER birth.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 07:05:44 PM »

So my question is, what happens after they are born, and the parent(s) cannot take are of them? Multiplied by thousands? The Repulicans don't seem to care about what happens AFTER birth.
The GOP will probably be happy sacrificing them to Mammon.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 07:07:44 PM »

They are pro-birth, and that is it.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 07:11:58 PM »

Yet the media will probably ignore it compared to the women's march nonsense
JJC

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 07:14:19 PM »

Nice
JJC

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 07:15:17 PM »

They may have a difficult life so lets kill them.

Great logic.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 07:18:32 PM »

Great logic.

A greater logic is to force all females to have unwanted births, and then after the baby is born, defund organizations that help the poor and disadvantaged take care of those kids.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 07:26:27 PM »

Great weekend to leave the DMV will all the crazies and crackpots coming into town.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 07:44:37 PM »

Great logic.

A greater logic is to force all females to have unwanted births, and then after the baby is born, defund organizations that help the poor and disadvantaged take care of those kids.

Government giving handouts doesn't lift anyone out of poverty.  The way to do that is by getting government out of the way and allowing people to start their own businesses free from regulation and taxation.  In fact, poverty has not decreased since the 1960s, when we started spending billions on the "War on Poverty".  And, it had been steadily declining before the government stepped in.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 07:47:20 PM »

Government giving handouts doesn't lift anyone out of poverty.  The way to do that is by getting government out of the way and allowing people to start their own businesses free from regulation and taxation.

As I think I've said before, I assume commonplaces like this sound really insightful to people who've never gone to bed hungry.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 08:15:16 PM »
« Edited: January 26, 2017, 08:16:49 PM by realisticidealist »

Government handouts are less about lifting out of poverty as much as allowing people to survive poverty with some embrace of dignity and self-respect long enough that they can pull themselves out. Getting out of poverty requires time, hope, and some luck... hard to have any of those without some assistance.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 08:24:59 PM »

Government handouts are less about lifting out of poverty as much as allowing people to survive poverty with some embrace of dignity and self-respect long enough that they can pull themselves out. Getting out of poverty requires time, hope, and some luck... hard to have any of those without some assistance.

Good insight.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 08:34:27 PM »

G-d bless mike pence Cheesy
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 09:55:18 PM »

God bless us all.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2017, 10:03:57 PM »

Anyone who thinks Trump gives a damn about abortion is very gullible.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 10:08:58 PM »

I thought the Obama years were great, but it appears America can truly never be greater than this very moment. I never felt it possible to give a voice to the voiceless. America is being remade in the image I always dreamed of.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2017, 10:15:46 PM »

Anyone who thinks Trump gives a damn about abortion is very gullible.

-He clearly does. Look at his restoration of the Mexico City policy.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2017, 10:26:45 PM »

This is what the abortion debate seems like:

-A man is murdering people, and has been doing so for decades.
-Nine people are in a room, and are about to take a vote on whether or not to call the police about this man.
-Four people want to immediately call the police.
-Three people don't actually think that the man is guilty, so they see no point in calling the cops.
-One person says that, "While I personally believe he shouldn't be killing people, I shouldn't force my morality on others."
-Another person says "We all agree that killing people isn't ideal, but his victims are mostly poor people.  And I don't see any of you volunteering to pay for his future victims medical bills.  That means that you don't really care about the lives of his victims."

So they voted 5-4 to not call the police.  The 5 were convinced that they had a moral high ground and attacked the 4, claiming that calling the cops on the murderer would mean the establishment of a theocracy.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2017, 11:09:10 PM »

-Nine people are in a room, and are about to take a vote on whether or not to call the police about this man.
-Three people don't actually think that the man is guilty, so they see no point in calling the cops.
-One person says that, "While I personally believe he shouldn't be killing people, I shouldn't force my morality on others."
-Another person says "We all agree that killing people isn't ideal, but his victims are mostly poor people.  And I don't see any of you volunteering to pay for his future victims medical bills.  That means that you don't really care about the lives of his victims."

So they voted 5-4 to not call the police.  The 5 were convinced that they had a moral high ground and attacked the 4, claiming that calling the cops on the murderer would mean the establishment of a theocracy.

Where did you get this (or did you come up with it)?  Also, permission to put this in my signature?
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2017, 11:21:04 PM »

Where did you get this (or did you come up with it)?  Also, permission to put this in my signature?

You have my permission.

I made it up but it was based on common arguments for keeping abortion legal (many of which are used regularly on this forum).
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2017, 12:45:40 AM »
« Edited: January 27, 2017, 12:51:54 AM by Lincoln Republican »

There is never any shortage of couples who would make excellent parents who want to adopt.

And I applaud the Vice President of the United States attending this great march.

It is about time a major political leader in the nation threw his power and prestige behind saving babies.

So I say hooray for the Vice President.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2017, 07:43:55 PM »

This isn't nearly as clever as you seem to think it is, but at least you put some thought into your ridiculous straw-man.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies