Richard Spencer punched in the face at protest
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:38:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Richard Spencer punched in the face at protest
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Richard Spencer punched in the face at protest  (Read 10775 times)
politics_king
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: January 24, 2017, 09:13:59 AM »

I don't know how to respond to this because I don't even get the joke.

Also, are we still editing posts that contain personal attacks or does that only apply when posters the mods like get insulted?

Honey,
You are an Extremist who supports violence and crimes. Stop whining when getting spanked for your childish behaviour. If you want to be a tough guy, then accept the reaction like one. But we both know that you're only tough on the Internet, in real life you wouldn't survive a cat fight.

You done being a troll? I don't wish for violence on anyone but I definitely don't feel bad for white supremacist scum like Richard Spencer either. And I got a big laugh out of him getting socked.

Seriously! Everyone who saw that Atlantic video, in their right-mind know what kind of individual he really is. It's baffling anyone that tries to defend it. I'm not dumb, neither is the majority of us. We smell sh**t when it stinks.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #151 on: January 24, 2017, 09:28:50 AM »

Seriously! Everyone who saw that Atlantic video, in their right-mind know what kind of individual he really is. It's baffling anyone that tries to defend it. I'm not dumb, neither is the majority of us. We smell sh**t when it stinks.
That dishonest Atlantic video edited together 30 seconds of a 30 minute speech to make it look like an neo-Nazi gathering. I am not saying that I endorse Richard Spencer or his speech, but throwing out outrageous accusations like neo-Nazi only plays into Spencer's hands. You know, unlike most people who are not curious of others' views, I watched his entire speech, as well as several other speeches and interviews he gave, instead of relying on a 30 second clip of him saying "Hail Trump" and a few losers in the crowd doing Roman salutes. I then came up with my own conclusions on Richard Spencer - he is simply an intellectually lazy troll who is seeking attention.
EnglishPete

« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2017, 09:37:25 AM »

You want to see a genuinely hilarious video of an antifa getting punched? Here a group of antifa are blocking the road, stopping people from getting to work. One man tries to get through, is blocked, spat at and then barges his way through and punches one of them as they move in to attack him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHC-qwXVe7U

Now what's really funny is not the punch itself, its the reaction from the antifa. Firstly they shout at him, whining, and then they start demanding that the police arrest the man (funny kind of anarchists demanding that the police arrest people but there you go) and they end up, without a hint of self awareness chanting "this is what a police state looks like". Its strange, I never heard of a police state where anti-government protestors are allowed to bark orders at police and then chant insults at them for not following those orders. Absolutely hilarious.

I've seen this, but at the end of the day... Is this man really promoting eradication of people based on religion, skin color, gender or class status? No. Richard Spencer wants an "Arian" race to rule supreme. Now if you're reading this... You can't tell me you stand with him and if you do... Then I can call you a racist, fascist pig. I can only call what you posted as a total hypocrite and he deserved part of the reaction because he was instigating. Us, as people, who are not on either side of the extreme spectrum need to point out the crap. But Spencer is worse than this idiot. Fact. Not alternative.

The point is that most people don't like hard left activists decided who does and doesn't count as a 'nazi' and then decided that person is fair game for violence. This isn't just because most people don't like political violence or because most people don't like the hard left.  Its also the matter that actual neo-nazis are very thin on the ground (most people would never have heard of Spencer if the media didn't constantly give him attention) and the great majority of people the hard left would classify as 'nazis' are nothing close to it but are just regular Republican voters.

They've heard for months cry bully sjw activists screaming at Trump's voters that they are all nazis. Then they hear the exact same people saying 'punch nazis'. You can see how most people would feel uncomfortable with that combination. This is exactly the sort of thing that will increase popular support for a crackdown.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2017, 09:38:12 AM »

That dishonest Atlantic video edited together 30 seconds of a 30 minute speech to make it look like an neo-Nazi gathering. I am not saying that I endorse Richard Spencer or his speech, but throwing out outrageous accusations like neo-Nazi only plays into Spencer's hands. You know, unlike most people who are not curious of others' views, I watched his entire speech, as well as several other speeches and interviews he gave, instead of relying on a 30 second clip of him saying "Hail Trump" and a few losers in the crowd doing Roman salutes. I then came up with my own conclusions on Richard Spencer - he is simply an intellectually lazy troll who is seeking attention.

That's great and all. It doesn't change the fact those jackasses threw up the Nazi salute, excuse me "Roman" salute proudly and not only is that a weak argument, I guarantee you those clowns didn't know what the "Roman" salute was but they certainly know what a Nazi salute is. Tell me I'm wrong. Because it's not playing into his narrative. Playing into Spencer's narrative is calling him "alt-right" or normalizing his actions/speech with the others.

The woman in the video before he gets punched by the hooded man is a perfect point of that video when she says, "Would you date a Black Woman?" he turns around and looks at her like "WTF did you say?" (in Layman's terms). Body language speaks all, F*** him. That was a collective forearm/punch to his temple by the American people. I truly believe that. Look at some of the sigs on this board, no one will stand for that crap and we shouldn't.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #154 on: January 24, 2017, 09:41:06 AM »

wait wait wait....you think somebody that wouldn't date a black woman is racist?
politics_king
United States

« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2017, 09:43:35 AM »

You want to see a genuinely hilarious video of an antifa getting punched? Here a group of antifa are blocking the road, stopping people from getting to work. One man tries to get through, is blocked, spat at and then barges his way through and punches one of them as they move in to attack him.

Now what's really funny is not the punch itself, its the reaction from the antifa. Firstly they shout at him, whining, and then they start demanding that the police arrest the man (funny kind of anarchists demanding that the police arrest people but there you go) and they end up, without a hint of self awareness chanting "this is what a police state looks like". Its strange, I never heard of a police state where anti-government protestors are allowed to bark orders at police and then chant insults at them for not following those orders. Absolutely hilarious.

I've seen this, but at the end of the day... Is this man really promoting eradication of people based on religion, skin color, gender or class status? No. Richard Spencer wants an "Arian" race to rule supreme. Now if you're reading this... You can't tell me you stand with him and if you do... Then I can call you a racist, fascist pig. I can only call what you posted as a total hypocrite and he deserved part of the reaction because he was instigating. Us, as people, who are not on either side of the extreme spectrum need to point out the crap. But Spencer is worse than this idiot. Fact. Not alternative.

The point is that most people don't like hard left activists decided who does and doesn't count as a 'nazi' and then decided that person is fair game for violence. This isn't just because most people don't like political violence or because most people don't like the hard left.  Its also the matter that actual neo-nazis are very thin on the ground (most people would never have heard of Spencer if the media didn't constantly give him attention) and the great majority of people the hard left would classify as 'nazis' are nothing close to it but are just regular Republican voters.

They've heard for months cry bully sjw activists screaming at Trump's voters that they are all nazis. Then they hear the exact same people saying 'punch nazis'. You can see how most people would feel uncomfortable with that combination. This is exactly the sort of thing that will increase popular support for a crackdown.

I completely agree with you about labeling all Trump supporters as racist or Nazi's. That's a valid point, but at the same time, we can't normalize these men or members of the KKK or any racist regime in politics. And Spencer getting punched isn't the way you go about making your point made, but I'm not going to sit here and say, oh well that's not justified. I'm going to smirk and in my own mind just think Karma came back at him. That's the bad side of my personality but screw him. He got a platform and it's time to shut that garbage down. He's lucky something worse didn't happen to him. The things that happened in WW2 were much worse, just look what happened to Mussolini. Fact. Not alternative.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #156 on: January 24, 2017, 09:44:41 AM »

wait wait wait....you think somebody that wouldn't date a black woman is racist?

No. Not at all, but we all know his reaction wasn't because he wasn't attracted to black women, it had much deeper rooted meaning. Don't spin my comment out of context.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #157 on: January 24, 2017, 09:48:57 AM »

If you wouldn't because of their race, yeah.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #158 on: January 24, 2017, 10:01:08 AM »

what would be a good reason to not date a black women if it had nothing to do with her race?  Her culture?  Only dates good swimmers?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #159 on: January 24, 2017, 10:13:24 AM »

what would be a good reason to not date a black women if it had nothing to do with her race?  Her culture?

the same as with everybody else.....or:

stereotyped body build - a reason which makes it less likely for me to date a stereotyped east asia girl.

problem starts if you make a general rule out of this. ^^
politics_king
United States

« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2017, 10:21:58 AM »

what would be a good reason to not date a black women if it had nothing to do with her race?  Her culture?  Only dates good swimmers?

You would've been fine until you mentioned good swimmers. Why say that last part?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2017, 10:24:56 AM »

Because it was obviously a joke?
politics_king
United States

« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2017, 10:25:56 AM »

Okay, fair enough.
EnglishPete

« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2017, 11:54:38 AM »

:-D Typical.

Wanna laugh more? https://twitter.com/politoreality/status/823887452997844992

AntiFa is whining about getting rounded up, arrested and hundreds of them are facing ten years in jail now :-D

Well quite. I would assume that the above is a parody post but its a parody that looks remarkably similar to what these people are actually saying. for example
You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://www.salon.com/2017/01/23/welcome-to-trumps-america-felony-riot-charges-against-inauguration-protesters-signal-dangerous-wave-of-repression_partner/

And then there's this

https://www.thenation.com/article/if-you-appreciated-seeing-neo-nazi-richard-spencer-get-punched-thank-the-black-bloc/

And of course the video I linked to above shows exactly the same attitude. Now ask yourself a question. If a group of far right activists had behaved in exactly the way they behaved i.e. runiing around in masks, causing major disruption, smashing cars, smashing windows, throwing bricks and other projectiles and punching people they don't like. If a far right group had behaved in that way would they consider it 'harsh' for felony rioting charges to be made. No, they'd be the first to demand them.

These people both demand and expect to be treated with kid gloves for rioting, demand and expect to be treated far more leniently by the authorities than far right or even just right wing groups would be for the same behaviour. This massive sense of entitlement has been fed for years now, especially the last eight years by Democratic Party authorities who agree with them on this point. This is one major reason why this election was so important. this sense of belligerent entitlement would only have been fed and encouraged by a Clinton win. I suspect Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump may have different views.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #164 on: January 24, 2017, 12:04:25 PM »

:-D Typical.

Wanna laugh more? https://twitter.com/politoreality/status/823887452997844992

AntiFa is whining about getting rounded up, arrested and hundreds of them are facing ten years in jail now :-D

Well quite. I would assume that the above is a parody post but its a parody that looks remarkably similar to what these people are actually saying. for example
https://www.salon.com/2017/01/23/welcome-to-trumps-america-felony-riot-charges-against-inauguration-protesters-signal-dangerous-wave-of-repression_partner/

And then there's this

https://www.thenation.com/article/if-you-appreciated-seeing-neo-nazi-richard-spencer-get-punched-thank-the-black-bloc/

And of course the video I linked to above shows exactly the same attitude. Now ask yourself a question. If a group of far right activists had behaved in exactly the way they behaved i.e. runiing around in masks, causing major disruption, smashing cars, smashing windows, throwing bricks and other projectiles and punching people they don't like. If a far right group had behaved in that way would they consider it 'harsh' for felony rioting charges to be made. No, they'd be the first to demand them.

These people both demand and expect to be treated with kid gloves for rioting, demand and expect to be treated far more leniently by the authorities than far right or even just right wing groups would be for the same behaviour. This massive sense of entitlement has been fed for years now, especially the last eight years by Democratic Party authorities who agree with them on this point. This is one major reason why this election was so important. this sense of belligerent entitlement would only have been fed and encouraged by a Clinton win. I suspect Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump may have different views.

But far-right "activists" have done this. They've painted swastika's on property and felt they had a free voice to promote their agenda. They do it at night and secrecy. So where are we really at? Also, I know people protested Obama once he was elected, one of their favorite propaganda poster boards was Obama as the Joker. It's selective memory honestly.
Klartext89

« Reply #165 on: January 24, 2017, 12:06:11 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2017, 12:08:10 PM by Klartext89 »

Also, are we still editing posts that contain personal attacks or does that only apply when posters the mods like get insulted?

Honey,
You are an Extremist who supports violence and crimes. Stop whining when getting spanked for your childish behaviour. If you want to be a tough guy, then accept the reaction like one. But we both know that you're only tough on the Internet, in real life you wouldn't survive a cat fight.

You done being a troll? I don't wish for violence on anyone but I definitely don't feel bad for white supremacist scum like Richard Spencer either. And I got a big laugh out of him getting socked.

Seems that the left-wing troll has an Israel fake account, too. Sweet.

Start using your brain and eyes before calling the adult in the room a troll. Simply unbelieveable.

"I don't like violence, unless it is against people I don't like" - no more questions. Pathetic.
EnglishPete

« Reply #166 on: January 24, 2017, 12:13:52 PM »

But far-right "activists" have done this. They've painted swastika's on property and felt they had a free voice to promote their agenda. They do it at night and secrecy. So where are we really at? Also, I know people protested Obama once he was elected, one of their favorite propaganda poster boards was Obama as the Joker. It's selective memory honestly.

Firstly insulting poster boards are not the same thing as rioting, throwing rocks and physically attacking people.

Secondly why do you think that left wing activists feel able to to behave like that in broad daylight in full police view whilst far right activists clearly do not. Could it be that the left wing have an expectation that they'd be treated much more leniently for that sort of behaviour.

Thirdly usually when a swastikas are painted on someone property it turns out to have been a hoax, usually by the property occupants themselves (google 'hate crime hoaxes' to see what I mean)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #167 on: January 24, 2017, 12:19:48 PM »

Honey,

Seems that the left-wing troll has an Israel fake account, too. Sweet.

Start using your brain and eyes before calling the adult in the room a troll. Simply unbelieveable.

"I don't like violence, unless it is against people I don't like" - no more questions. Pathetic.

Yup, Sunrise is my sock. Ya got me.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #168 on: January 24, 2017, 12:22:30 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2017, 12:24:39 PM by politics_king »

Firstly insulting poster boards are not the same thing as rioting, throwing rocks and physically attacking people.

Secondly why do you think that left wing activists feel able to to behave like that in broad daylight in full police view whilst far right activists clearly do not. Could it be that the left wing have an expectation that they'd be treated much more leniently for that sort of behaviour.

Thirdly usually when a swastikas are painted on someone property it turns out to have been a hoax, usually by the property occupants themselves (google 'hate crime hoaxes' to see what I mean)

I'm gonna have to disagree, when Ferguson went down, how many militia's came out with guns etc. or the non-sense in that little Oregon town? Sure they had composure to not shoot anyone but they knew they'd be whipped down to the ground by the feds for pulling any such stunt. Dylan Roof, George Zimmerman come to mind if we're gonna start pulling crap out our ass on right-wing extremism and I'm sorry, "Stand Your Ground" was one of the biggest farce laws around. People on the left usually are much more tolerant, but if we're talking about extremes then yes you're right people on the left tend to get more rowdy. I like to think most of us are more capable of civil discussion then resulting to violence, but if we're going to get to the raw bones about it.

The left's extreme is usually the minority poverty stricken population while the right's extreme is usually the Caucasian poverty stricken population. But what you'll notice is what we have is a class issue, which gets divided by the "elites" or rich or whatever you want to call them, that want that divide. That'll get me on a whole other rant, it's why I liked Bernie so much because his crossover appeal was pretty amazing. It was refreshing, at the end of the day I don't think any American citizen wants civil unrest, we want equal opportunity but the people at the top don't give a crap about that. They want that $15 million salary move up to $30 million so they can race Yacht's or Private Jets or see who can order the better steak at an overpriced garbage "high-end" restaurant.
EnglishPete

« Reply #169 on: January 24, 2017, 02:56:57 PM »

The left's extreme is usually the minority poverty stricken population
I'm going to have to pick up on this point. Sure its true that minority poverty stricken parts of the population tend to support the left and when they do vote its overwhelmingly for parties of the center left, whether the Dems in the US or other parties elsewhere. They don't tend to be extreme left though. Extreme left groups on the other hand tend to be largely middle class or even upper class in background.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #170 on: January 24, 2017, 03:11:04 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2017, 05:02:20 PM by dead0man »

stand your ground is farce but sucker punching people, now that's a thing for people that are much more tolerant.  Do you even read the crap you type p_k?  The extreme left is usually poverty stricken?  Seriously?  That's dumber than being offended because Ann Coulter called someone a Nazi.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #171 on: January 24, 2017, 03:11:17 PM »

It still doesn't mean it was in bad taste and kind of racist. 
EnglishPete

« Reply #172 on: January 24, 2017, 03:14:04 PM »

It makes no sense to say "Not punching Nazis is how Nazis rose to power" when there were plenty of left wing activists doing exactly that, probably a lot more than there are in the US today.
]

So not true, just cause we have the ability to record doesn't mean it's over-bearing. The man that punched that asshole Spencer in his face was us as a country to say, "GTFO!"

Very good article here explaining well why exactly you are wrong and why the course you are suggesting is bad strategy for opponents of Trump

http://observer.com/2017/01/richard-spencer-alt-right-punched-on-tv/
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #173 on: January 24, 2017, 04:40:10 PM »

I'm gonna have to disagree, when Ferguson went down, how many militia's came out with guns etc. or the non-sense in that little Oregon town? Sure they had composure to not shoot anyone but they knew they'd be whipped down to the ground by the feds for pulling any such stunt. Dylan Roof, George Zimmerman come to mind if we're gonna start pulling crap out our ass on right-wing extremism and I'm sorry, "Stand Your Ground" was one of the biggest farce laws around. People on the left usually are much more tolerant, but if we're talking about extremes then yes you're right people on the left tend to get more rowdy. I like to think most of us are more capable of civil discussion then resulting to violence, but if we're going to get to the raw bones about it.

The left's extreme is usually the minority poverty stricken population while the right's extreme is usually the Caucasian poverty stricken population. But what you'll notice is what we have is a class issue, which gets divided by the "elites" or rich or whatever you want to call them, that want that divide. That'll get me on a whole other rant, it's why I liked Bernie so much because his crossover appeal was pretty amazing. It was refreshing, at the end of the day I don't think any American citizen wants civil unrest, we want equal opportunity but the people at the top don't give a crap about that. They want that $15 million salary move up to $30 million so they can race Yacht's or Private Jets or see who can order the better steak at an overpriced garbage "high-end" restaurant.

This is an excellent post. Fundamentally, "identity politics " is just the same old divide and rule tactics designed to keep the wealthy in power.

We should be shouting this from the rooftops
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies