Counter Sting - O'Keefe caught paying people to violently protest Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:08:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Counter Sting - O'Keefe caught paying people to violently protest Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Counter Sting - O'Keefe caught paying people to violently protest Trump  (Read 1352 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 16, 2017, 08:48:49 PM »

James O’Keefe, the conservative operative whose discredited video “stings” have resulted in him paying massive fines and apologizing to his targets, is up to his usual stunts. This time, O’Keefe’s Project Veritas—a hilarious name for an organization that has nothing but contempt for the truth—is taking aim at anti-Trump activists and critics. The group’s latest con, which takes a page right out of the FBI’s 1960s COINTELPRO book, involves attempts at bribing progressive activists to disrupt inauguration activities, creating violence, sowing discord and generating lots of bad press for conservative media to gloat over. Unfortunately for O'Keefe, two left-leaning groups conducted a video counter-sting that caught him and his would-be accomplices in the act.

O’Keefe became a right-wing darling in 2009, after his phony sting on ACORN, a community organization and voter registration group doing the kind of good work for poor people that infuriates Republicans. The resulting footage, deceptively edited to make it look as if ACORN workers were engaging in unethical and illegal activities, resulted in a media firestorm, which led to the group being defunded and wiped out of existence. In the months that followed, it became clear that the video was hamfistedly cut together to present an altogether different picture than the truth. In 2013, O’Keefe was ordered to pay $100,000 and offer a public apology to a former ACORN employee.

The fact that O’Keefe’s methodology has serious ethical issues and demonstrates a willingness to lie to produce the desired political ends must be what attracted Donald Trump and his campaign team. Numerous outlets report that the Trump Foundation gave O’Keefe’s organization $10,000 to get dirt on supporters of Hillary Clinton during the presidential campaign. Trump also invited O’Keefe to a presidential debate last October. American Family Voice was among the groups O’Keefe attempted to frame as part of his anti-Democratic videos earlier this year.

A longer video of the interaction between Project Veritas operative Allison Maass and Ryan Clayton of Americans Take Action was posted online Tuesday. In it, Clayton confirms with Maass that her goal is indeed to incite a riot at the inauguration. “What you’re asking for, let’s bullet point it,” Clayton says, referring to the donor Maass claims to be representing. “He says, I’ll give you $100,000 to shut down a bridge, incite a riot and make sure we hack the media narrative on the inauguration.”

The counter-sting, carried out by The Undercurrent and Americans Take Action, a project of a previous target of provocateur James O’Keefe, managed to surreptitiously record elements of
O’Keefe’s network offering huge sums of money to progressive activists if they would disrupt the ceremony and “put a stop to the inauguration” and the related proceedings to such a degree that donors to the clandestine effort would “turn on a TV and maybe not even see Trump.” To have riots blot out coverage of Trump, the donor offered “unlimited resources,” including to shut down bridges into D.C.

Windsor told HuffPost that for now, the group is only releasing an edited version of the video. One of the conservative operatives recorded on it by The Undercurrent was Allison Maass, who previously was caught attempting to infiltrate the Senate campaign of Russ Feingold in Wisconsin, as well as the presidential campaign of Hillary Clinton. Maass was also a lead infiltrator during the voter fraud campaign.

Source - Huffington Post

The Video is available in Youtube

Appararently O'Keefe has close connections with Breitbart & Trump Foundation. Are the 3 working together?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 09:09:29 PM »

The guy has no work ethic or respect for the job he claims he does, a complete fraud.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 09:39:02 PM »

I'm pretty sure that's called "conspiracy to commit assault and battery."
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 10:06:06 PM »

Fake news, like the kind O'Keefe traffics in.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 10:08:32 PM »

That's what he does, he fabricates all of his big scoops.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 11:05:44 PM »

You guys are delusional if you deny the fact that anarchists are going there on Friday to stir up trouble. That's what they do. They should protest peacefully, but if they do violence, it should be an eye for an eye.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 04:04:52 AM »

Pretty sure 5 paid people will go n incite violence & that will give a bad name to all the peaceful protesters.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 04:34:56 AM »

You guys are delusional if you deny the fact that anarchists are going there on Friday to stir up trouble. That's what they do. They should protest peacefully, but if they do violence, it should be an eye for an eye.
What year do you think it is, 1900?
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 09:27:23 AM »
« Edited: January 17, 2017, 09:30:28 AM by Murica! »

And "stirring up trouble" is wrong why exactly? Surely you can't be blind or stupid enough to think that the States violence is fully justified but that of individuals must be necessarily wrong if it comes into contact with power or property?

May as well add that I personally do not support insurrectionism.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 10:22:41 AM »

Oh, I'm so surprised!!
EnglishPete

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 02:05:14 PM »

JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 02:08:03 PM »

Why are you believing the dumbass.  I thought you would know better than to believe all the sh**t you find on the internet.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 02:09:26 PM »

I guess the only question is, what did O'Keefe do with all the money?

My lawyer would like me to read a statement: James O'Keefe is a hack fraud con man...Wait wrong statement...James O'Keefe is a horrible con man...wait no that's wrong. I, Devout Centrist, the undersigned SJW Capitalist are in no way accusing James O'Keefe or his associates of criminal wrongdoing. The following is the unsubstantiated opinion of the poster known as Devout Centrist...

Oh, he stole all the money and spent it on himself.
EnglishPete

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 02:22:39 PM »

Why are you believing the dumbass.  I thought you would know better than to believe all the sh**t you find on the internet.

I'm just showing what his response is to the accusations. People can make up their own minds based on the evidence and arguments available. I don't think people should trust either O'Keefe or the anarchists or the Washington Post or Breitbart or anyone in the news media. I think its better to look at the evidence available and examine it in the light of human reason.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2017, 02:38:19 PM »

Who gives a fyck about any of these tedious pygmies?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 02:50:35 PM »

We Americans are entering strange, uncharted waters, at least for ourselves and without a map (let alone GPS). Other nations have gone with leaders like Donald Trump,  and such has usually been hideous.

This fellow is about as trustworthy as David DuKKKe.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies