Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:37:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 112733 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1425 on: July 15, 2017, 05:23:10 AM »

There's some problem with my guinea pig Sad

Just got back from a vet. Hopefully it'll get better from now.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1426 on: July 15, 2017, 06:02:48 AM »

i did a thing

have fun identifying who's who

Am I L-PA? Is Leinad L-GA?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1427 on: July 15, 2017, 11:36:39 AM »

Anyone ever wonder when was the last time Jimmy and Rosylynn Carter did the do? I'm guessing 1991.
What on earth does "did the do" mean?
There's some problem with my guinea pig Sad

Just got back from a vet. Hopefully it'll get better from now.
You're a guinea pig enthusiast? Why have you never mentioned this before?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1428 on: July 15, 2017, 12:21:19 PM »

Anyone ever wonder when was the last time Jimmy and Rosylynn Carter did the do? I'm guessing 1991.
What on earth does "did the do" mean?
You see, when two people love each other very much...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1429 on: July 15, 2017, 12:38:34 PM »

I've mentioned this several times, with photos. The white-black-red boar is the one who has a problem. He's acting totally normal, except he has problems with defecating, forcing me, on vet's advise, to clean this part, which neither of us enjoys Tongue

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1430 on: July 15, 2017, 03:16:06 PM »

I've mentioned this several times, with photos. The white-black-red boar is the one who has a problem. He's acting totally normal, except he has problems with defecating, forcing me, on vet's advise, to clean this part, which neither of us enjoys Tongue

My apologies. I just checked, and it doesn't appear to have been in my file of you. Consider it added!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1431 on: July 15, 2017, 03:19:52 PM »

Went on a date this morning. We went to the shooting range and he brought his ar-15 and glock. When I told him surprise me with something interesting, that was not quite what I had in mind but was pretty fun nonetheless, and I actually HIT the targets! Tongue
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1432 on: July 15, 2017, 04:49:08 PM »

Went on a date this morning. We went to the shooting range and he brought his ar-15 and glock. When I told him surprise me with something interesting, that was not quite what I had in mind but was pretty fun nonetheless, and I actually HIT the targets! Tongue

Typical Florida. Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1433 on: July 15, 2017, 07:00:05 PM »

So second date or no date for Florida Man?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1434 on: July 15, 2017, 08:26:37 PM »

Seconds for sures
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1435 on: July 15, 2017, 08:31:16 PM »

The proportion of Atlasians with actual personal lives seems to have notably increased (say from 3% to 5%). This is very concerning.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1436 on: July 15, 2017, 09:02:01 PM »

The proportion of Atlasians with actual personal lives seems to have notably increased (say from 3% to 5%). This is very concerning.

it's ok, my life has slid back into a crappy place of nothingness. So, I'm picking up the slack Tongue
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1437 on: July 16, 2017, 06:52:05 AM »

Elaborating on my last post in here. i couldn't sleep last night. my existential struggle that plagued me last fall is back.

specifically in relations to my sexuality. I haven't been able to live a functional life because of my insistence of staying in the closet/being scared to come out due to homophobic/biphobic family.

it's getting lonely in the closet and i'm not sure i can take anymore mental anguish from it. Sad :/

thinking about coming out to my sister, who is the most likely to have a non-awful response.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1438 on: July 16, 2017, 08:19:00 AM »

Wrapped up a 63+ hour work week, and then worked more on Saturday. I'm dead tired.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #1439 on: July 16, 2017, 11:04:10 AM »

Hi all.  Just checking in.  I'll be moving to the Netherlands permanently in early August.  Snagged a job at Leiden University's Philosophy Institute.  Looking forward to a new life there.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1440 on: July 16, 2017, 11:50:08 AM »

Hi all.  Just checking in.  I'll be moving to the Netherlands permanently in early August.  Snagged a job at Leiden University's Philosophy Institute.  Looking forward to a new life there.
Congratulations!
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #1441 on: July 16, 2017, 12:04:58 PM »

Welcome Cheesy. I've never been to Leiden, but I'm sure it's a great place.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1442 on: July 16, 2017, 12:33:24 PM »

Wrapped up a 63+ hour work week, and then worked more on Saturday. I'm dead tired.

Just checked, it was 70 hours.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1443 on: July 16, 2017, 02:05:02 PM »

In the words of the Netherpeople:  welcome and gshploocht!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1444 on: July 16, 2017, 02:19:43 PM »

Elaborating on my last post in here. i couldn't sleep last night. my existential struggle that plagued me last fall is back.

specifically in relations to my sexuality. I haven't been able to live a functional life because of my insistence of staying in the closet/being scared to come out due to homophobic/biphobic family.

it's getting lonely in the closet and i'm not sure i can take anymore mental anguish from it. Sad :/

thinking about coming out to my sister, who is the most likely to have a non-awful response.

I think you should. It can be hard, but not always. No matter what happens, I think you'll find that the benefits will significantly outweigh the negatives, even if it takes a bit to realize that. I was forced out basically in high school, and I could have lied to my parents and "gone straight" so to speak, but I didn't, and it caused a lot of problems at first. But then things were so much easier later in life. I'm glad I didn't drag on with it, and I think you would be too. Don't let the best years of your life go by trying to keep a lid on something that is eventually going to have to come off no matter what.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1445 on: July 16, 2017, 02:24:37 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2017, 02:27:06 PM by Senator Scott, PPT »

I think you should. It can be hard, but not always. No matter what happens, I think you'll find that the benefits will significantly outweigh the negatives, even if it takes a bit to realize that. I was forced out basically in high school, and I could have lied to my parents and "gone straight" so to speak, but I didn't, and it caused a lot of problems at first. But then things were so much easier later in life. I'm glad I didn't drag on with it, and I think you would be too. Don't let the best years of your life go by trying to keep a lid on something that is eventually going to have to come off no matter what.

How conservative was your upbringing, Virginia?

And yeah, I'm pretty gender nonconforming but otherwise I'm really not LGBT so I can't be of much help in this area.  All I can say is follow your instinct and do what you think is best for yourself.  This is about you and your comfort, not anyone else's.  I'll pray for you, Sunrise.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1446 on: July 16, 2017, 03:11:12 PM »

@Virginia: Yea, I've been thinking about it all day. I'm hopefully going to tell someone today. I went out for a bit to try and get myself in a good enough mood to do it. I think it's been a good day so far, so I definitely am leaning towards reaching out.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1447 on: July 16, 2017, 03:11:35 PM »

How conservative was your upbringing, Virginia?

And yeah, I'm pretty gender nonconforming but otherwise I'm really not LGBT so I can't be of much help in this area.  All I can say is follow your instinct and do what you think is best for yourself.  This is about you and your comfort, not anyone else's.  I'll pray for you, Sunrise.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Smiley
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1448 on: July 16, 2017, 03:13:43 PM »

Hi all.  Just checking in.  I'll be moving to the Netherlands permanently in early August.  Snagged a job at Leiden University's Philosophy Institute.  Looking forward to a new life there.
Welcome to the Netherlands.

Welcome Cheesy. I've never been to Leiden, but I'm sure it's a great place.
You have never been to Leiden? Shocked
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #1449 on: July 16, 2017, 03:29:13 PM »

Thanks guys.  Leiden is pretty nice. Going to rent a small house for the first year there.  Also just 12 minutes from the Hague by train, 25 minutes from Amsterdam and about 30-40 minutes from Utrecht; nice location. 
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies