Guess the results of this map
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:24:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Guess the results of this map
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Guess the results of this map  (Read 990 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 12, 2017, 05:32:11 PM »
« edited: January 12, 2017, 05:44:45 PM by Calthrina950 »

On another thread, I did a similar topic, based on a hypothetical election of 2064. Based off what I saw there, I decided to create another scenario, relating to some election in the future. Note that Blue represents the Democrats; Red the Republicans.

Using the map below, guess the state-by-state results, the popular vote percentage, and so on:

Also here: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a1/Election_Results_by_County%2C_2044.png
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 05:47:13 PM »

Beaurogard wins Arizona, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, West Virginia, and maybe Louisiana, Nebraska, or Wyoming?

I know blue has overwhelming black and Hispanic support.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 05:51:11 PM »

Beaurogard wins Arizona, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, West Virginia, and maybe Louisiana, Nebraska, or Wyoming?

You're right about Arkansas, Alabama, and West Virginia. Also Louisiana. But the others are different, close but different...

And you are right about the minority support. Based off this map also, which candidate won the white vote?
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 07:28:35 PM »

You're right about Arkansas, Alabama, and West Virginia. Also Louisiana. But the others are different, close but different...

And you are right about the minority support. Based off this map also, which candidate won the white vote?

The Dem wins the white vote somewhat but not too closely.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 07:55:03 PM »

Considering that Blaine county went R while Idaho probably went D, the republicans are probably the more socially liberal party.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 08:10:17 PM »

Considering that Blaine county went R while Idaho probably went D, the republicans are probably the more socially liberal party.

Also D's win Mormons, and perform well among Appalachian whites but don't improve among deep south whites.

Here's a guess map. 30% is a guess. 50% means either one party won every county(thus making it impossible for the state to go the other way) or the original poster confirmed it went one way.

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 09:31:42 PM »

The Dem wins the white vote somewhat but not too closely.

You are correct. Democrats win the white vote 53% to 47%. They carry African-Americans 94% to 6%, Hispanics 76% to 24%, and Asians/Other voters 66% to 34%.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 09:35:12 PM »

Also D's win Mormons, and perform well among Appalachian whites but don't improve among deep south whites.

Here's a guess map. 30% is a guess. 50% means either one party won every county(thus making it impossible for the state to go the other way) or the original poster confirmed it went one way.

I can give you a further hint. Look closely at Georgia and South Carolina. In Georgia in particular, you see a combination of Hillary Clinton's strength in the Atlanta metropolitan area and Barack Obama's strength in the Black Belt, and among blacks in general, so......

And in South Carolina, some very important counties go Democratic, besides the typical Democratic strongholds of Columbia and Charleston.

Also, Wyoming and Nebraska are deceptive. Look closely at Nebraska, and also Wyoming. Some very important counties in those states vote Democratic.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 10:06:27 PM »

You are right about Idaho. In this scenario, Blaine County, Idaho trended heavily Republican after our time.
Klartext89

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 07:40:54 AM »

That's what you wish, but calling it total nonsense would be a huge understatement. Whatever...
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 11:25:48 AM »

That's what you wish, but calling it total nonsense would be a huge understatement. Whatever...
I just came up with this scenario out of interest. I've also come up with some Republican landslide scenarios as well. One, in fact, was a scenario involving a major defeat of Hillary Clinton, written when I thought she was going to win the election. Don't just assume from this one thread that I have only one political projection, or one political stance.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 02:55:58 PM »

Bumping forward in the hopes of attracting more attention.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2017, 03:59:16 PM »

I just came up with this scenario out of interest. I've also come up with some Republican landslide scenarios as well. One, in fact, was a scenario involving a major defeat of Hillary Clinton, written when I thought she was going to win the election. Don't just assume from this one thread that I have only one political projection, or one political stance.

Ignore him. He's just a crazy person.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2017, 04:01:04 PM »

Ignore him. He's just a crazy person.

Thank you for letting me know. Are there any other predictions or guesses that you or others may have about this scenario?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies