The Uprising: Timeline starting Election Night 2018
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:14:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Uprising: Timeline starting Election Night 2018
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Uprising: Timeline starting Election Night 2018  (Read 3881 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2017, 03:29:52 PM »

Please have an actual uprising.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2017, 05:04:48 PM »

This is a definite wank.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2017, 06:32:02 PM »

Looks like it's official.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2017, 08:46:36 AM »

I don't even know what's supposedly crazy about this. An incumbent winning re-election? One Republican congressman losing his seat? You realize that Cook says that Senate race is lean D btw.
http://cookpolitical.com/senate/charts/race-ratings
Running Mourdock over a host of candidates to fulfill a personal wish to me says "wank" timeline.
lol Trump supporter telling me about what's an unrealistic dream
(kind of like him being a good President)
Isn't it fun when we talk past people insultingly?
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2017, 09:32:53 AM »

The problem isn't so much that this is generous towards Dems. (though it really, really is. Murdoch rematch = what??) I mean, my own TL's 2018 had Dems keeping all their seats while picking up 2 for a 50-50, picking up the House, and capturing governorships and state legislatures all over the nation. (Governor Russ Feingold is the most hackish thing of all)

The problem is that there's no backstory. No overview of the Trump years and the policies that caused this, no major scandals that would sink Baker or charismatic candidate that would beat Hogan. We don't know how Murdoch ended up getting the nomination a second time. Is there a big recession? Corruption scandals plaguing the GOP? How'd the Democratic Party rebuild on the local level? There's no worldbuilding, instead we jump-cut to election night 2018 with a bunch of things that would appear to be beyond demwank levels out of context, but might have been justified with the right context, and yet no context was given. So it comes off really sloppy.

(Yes, I know my own TL gives little context for 2018 either, but I feel like I can defend it because one there is SOME context, like a recession amplified by trade wars, and two because 2018 itself only serves as background for the main focus: 2020. Also yes my TL might be considered a tad hackish too, but nobody's said it to my face Tongue )

If you want to continue and improve this, what I would consider is making this night into an in medias res and going over everything in the 2018 campaigns that led to this. Create a plausible real-life justification for Hogan and Baker losing, or Murdoch being renominated, and mix it in with election night 2018 coverage.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2017, 10:24:41 AM »

I maybe didn't make it clear enough, but the backstory stuff will be clearer later, just the beginning is the election night 2018.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies