Bel Edwards/Brown vs Baker/Martinez
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:05:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bel Edwards/Brown vs Baker/Martinez
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: For whom would you vote in a hypothetical math between the following tickets?
Gov. Bel Edwards (LA) / Sen. Brown (OH)

Gov. Baker (MA) / Gov. Martinez (NM)

Abstain/Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 113

Author Topic: Bel Edwards/Brown vs Baker/Martinez  (Read 3547 times)
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2017, 02:40:57 AM »

Not to be confused with Melanie.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2017, 01:26:34 PM »

Idk why Atlas is so obsessed with matchups like these that would NEVER happen. Neither of them would ever make it out of a primary.
History505
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2017, 01:28:13 PM »

Martinez has been floated as a potential GOP VP running mate or candidate for the past few cycles. Even though this is hypothetical, in reality, she is never going to show interest for either.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2017, 08:09:52 PM »

Lets dispel with this fiction that a centrist blue dog could still win a Democratic nomination.

And while we're at it, let's dispel this fiction that an openly pro-choice Republican could be the GOP Presidential nominee in today's environment.
WestVegeta
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -2.43

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2017, 01:12:57 PM »

JBE. He'd corner the market on dyslexic Jeb! voters, too.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2017, 02:14:21 PM »

JBE. He'd corner the market on dyslexic Jeb! voters, too.

Oh my God  😹
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2017, 02:18:02 PM »

Idk why Atlas is so obsessed with matchups like these that would NEVER happen. Neither of them would ever make it out of a primary.

We can only post about how depressing it is that Alabama is about to elect a pedophile so often, and we have all seen 100 variations of TN Vol's 40-years-of-the-exact-same-trends maps over and over, so I think people are just bored. Smiley
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2017, 02:27:41 PM »

I do think the next Republican ticket does need a PoC on the ticket. That being said, I think Susana Martinez would rather run barefoot over a bed of coal than run for President/Vice President at this point
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2017, 04:17:47 PM »

We can only post about how depressing it is that Alabama is about to elect a pedophile so often, and we have all seen 100 variations of TN Vol's 40-years-of-the-exact-same-trends maps over and over, so I think people are just bored. Smiley

I mean, yeah, I don't believe that Elliott County, KY or Mingo County, WV will be solid D in 2040 or that wealthy suburbanites in NH-01 or the Atlanta suburbs will turn those states Safe R again or that those places will be the bedrock of Republican strength nationally, but who knows. Obviously many things will change, and my map was simply a guess. I certainly hope Republicans don't lose TX, and if they do they will likely have to adapt in any and all ways to keep the state at least competitive. That doesn't mean that they will become a "socially liberal" party or something like that, but I know you didn't claim that.

Happy Birthday, btw. Wink
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2017, 05:39:24 PM »

I mean, yeah, I don't believe that Elliott County, KY or Mingo County, WV will be solid D in 2040 or that wealthy suburbanites in NH-01 or the Atlanta suburbs will turn those states Safe R again or that those places will be the bedrock of Republican strength nationally, but who knows. Obviously many things will change, and my map was simply a guess. I certainly hope Republicans don't lose TX, and if they do they will likely have to adapt in any and all ways to keep the state at least competitive. That doesn't mean that they will become a "socially liberal" party or something like that, but I know you didn't claim that.

Happy Birthday, btw. Wink

LOL, just kidding.  But my semi-serious point is that it's easy to make a map extending our current political climate, and the US General Discussion board is horrifying, so every once in a while you're going to get a crazy hypothetical that is, at the very least, more interesting than our current political climate.

And thank you! Smiley
WestVegeta
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -2.43

« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2017, 12:50:12 PM »

I do think the next Republican ticket does need a PoC on the ticket. That being said, I think Susana Martinez would rather run barefoot over a bed of coal than run for President/Vice President at this point

What about Brian Sandoval?
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2017, 03:57:32 PM »

That map I posted on the first page is from January and is an abomination. This scenario would look like Baker vs. Manchin, but trade Appalachia for the Deep South. Brown gives the Midwest more of a Democratic lean though (otherwise MI/MN would be tossup while WI/IA would be lean R), while Martinez helps Baker in the West (otherwise NM would be lean D and AZ would be likely R).

America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2017, 04:08:58 PM »

That map I posted on the first page is from January and is an abomination. This scenario would look like Baker vs. Manchin, but trade Appalachia for the Deep South. Brown gives the Midwest more of a Democratic lean though (otherwise MI/MN would be tossup while WI/IA would be lean R), while Martinez helps Baker in the West (otherwise NM would be lean D and AZ would be likely R).

I would basically agree with this, but I'm not sure that Baker makes Vermont a toss-up, or that Bel Edwards makes Mississippi a toss-up.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies