Plea for new Libertarian members.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:45:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Plea for new Libertarian members.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Plea for new Libertarian members.  (Read 2599 times)
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 18, 2005, 08:23:53 PM »

Our party, which stands for personal freedom and “live and let live” ideals, is dying, again.  Unless we can get new members who will be enthusiastic and active in forum affairs, this party can’t survive much longer.  I’d like to ask for all Atlasians who share the ideas of the Government staying out of people’s lives to consider joining the Libertarian Party and to try and help us keep it alive.

This is a message from the Libertarian Party National Chairman CheeseWhiz.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 08:25:43 PM »

I know that it's none of my business, but I seem to recall that you expelled A18...
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 08:30:01 PM »

I know that it's none of my business, but I seem to recall that you expelled A18...

I’d like to have a respectable membership, which is the main reason I left the ACA.  Also, we weren’t having the activity problems we’re having now, not that I wouldn’t have still tried to expel him…
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 09:17:14 PM »

You did the right thing.

I’d like to have a respectable membership, which is the main reason I left the ACA.  Also, we weren’t having the activity problems we’re having now, not that I wouldn’t have still tried to expel him…
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 09:18:24 PM »

CheeseWhiz, your party is respectable, and other other circumstances I might be inclined to join, but I am confortable in the Union right now.  I think most people will say the same.  The fact is that real life parties arent really a good idea in Atlasia right now.

Good job on A18, by the way, shows integrity.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 09:25:49 PM »

Who is in the Libertarian Party? Sad
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 09:51:49 PM »

The move on A18 was the correct move, imo, as well.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 10:39:57 PM »

If it doesn't work out, I am sure that those of us in the Union Party would be a welcoming alternative.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 10:41:26 PM »

If it doesn't work out, I am sure that those of us in the Union Party would be a welcoming alternative.
Or the ILP, for those libertarians who consider social issues more significant than economic ones.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 11:18:16 PM »

Or the ILP, for those libertarians who consider social issues more significant than economic ones.
Thank you very much for your invitation, but Alcon has already warped my mind. If the Libertarian Party dies, he's dragging me into the Union Party. Sorry... Smiley
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2005, 07:21:12 AM »

Who is in the Libertarian Party? Sad

Just me, you and Dibble Sad
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005, 07:24:09 AM »

Thanks to Don, KEmp & Sam for the reassuring words about A18.

If the Libertarians do die, I will consider joining the AMRLP, ILP, CUP or maybe the ACA.
WiseGuy

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2005, 07:27:56 AM »

If the Libertarians do die, I will consider joining the AMRLP, ILP, CUP or maybe the ACA.

Come back to the ACA.  NixonNow has been banned and MasterJedi (who I have a lot of faith in) is now the Chair.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2005, 07:30:19 AM »

CheeseWhiz, your party is respectable, and other other circumstances I might be inclined to join, but I am confortable in the Union right now. I think most people will say the same.

Yeah, I've PMed tons of people, but everyone just seems to be to comfy in their own parties.

The fact is that real life parties arent really a good idea in Atlasia right now.

I thought that was probably part of my problem.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2005, 07:36:49 AM »

Come back to the ACA. NixonNow has been banned and MasterJedi (who I have a lot of faith in) is now the Chair.

I might consider it a more serious option if that troll Dubya wasn't in there Tongue

But, really, my views have changed since I was last in the ACA, it just doesn't fit me that good anymore.
WiseGuy

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2005, 07:40:05 AM »
« Edited: July 19, 2005, 07:42:45 AM by Governor Dubya »

I might consider it a more serious option if that troll Dubya wasn't in there Tongue

How did I know you were goin to say that! TongueCheesy

But, really, my views have changed since I was last in the ACA, it just doesn't fit me that good anymore.

Actually there are a lot of Libertarian-Conservatives  in the ACA (I know you're a bit more Libertarian then them, but still not that much.)
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2005, 07:50:02 AM »

Actually there are a lot of Libertarian-Conservatives in the ACA (I know you're a bit more Libertarian then them, but still not that much.)

I just think I'd feel more comfortable in the CUP, ILP or, most definitely, the AMRLP Wink
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2005, 07:51:35 AM »

Actually there are a lot of Libertarian-Conservatives in the ACA (I know you're a bit more Libertarian then them, but still not that much.)
I just think I'd feel more comfortable in the CUP, ILP or, most definitely, the AMRLP Wink
If you decide that the Libertarian Party is unfortunately no longer viable, we at the ILP would love to have you join us!
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2005, 07:56:07 AM »

If you decide that the Libertarian Party is unfortunately no longer viable, we at the ILP would love to have you join us!

Emsworth has just gained some points for the ILP, would anyone else like to tell me how much you would love to have me in your party (I'm gonna enjoy this Grin)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2005, 07:58:29 AM »

Maybe we should instead just reform the party. Give it a new name and a facelift. I think big-tent libertarianism might be the way to go rather than the somewhat restrictive philosophy we have now(which is one of the real world LP's problems, IMHO, though we are less so).
WiseGuy

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2005, 08:02:03 AM »
« Edited: July 19, 2005, 08:06:12 AM by Governor Dubya »

Emsworth has just gained some points for the ILP, would anyone else like to tell me how much you would love to have me in your party (I'm gonna enjoy this Grin)

You know I'd love to have you in the ACA! Smiley

Maybe we should instead just reform the party. Give it a new name and a facelift. I think big-tent libertarianism might be the way to go rather than the somewhat restrictive philosophy we have now(which is one of the real world LP's problems, IMHO, though we are less so).

I agree.  Also, I think that they (the real life LP) should concentrate on one congressional seat and then build from there.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2005, 08:11:19 AM »

Yeah, maybe we should just have a more vague "personal freedom" platform and change our name to the Liberty Party, to reinforce the "freedom" image, something that people can't argue with Wink
WiseGuy

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2005, 08:23:40 AM »

I know I've probably pryed in this too much as is, but I think the Liberty Party would be too close to the Freedom Party.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2005, 08:26:50 AM »

I know I've probably pryed in this too much as is, but I think the Liberty Party would be too close to the Freedom Party.

If they're really about freedom they won't care what our name is! Grin
WiseGuy

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2005, 08:28:03 AM »

Right, but people might get confused.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies