VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:19:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73
Author Topic: VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)  (Read 161511 times)
Hydera

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1675 on: November 03, 2017, 10:12:20 PM »

Idk look at the presidential race way more Republicans were against Trump than Democrats against Clinton

Both parties fight amongst themselves from time to time, idont think either has a huge advantage in terms of 'unity'.

Republicans who hate their nominee will hold their nose and vote for them in an election.

Democrats who hate their nominee will either vote for a third party, or for trump or stay home.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1676 on: November 03, 2017, 10:25:47 PM »

Idk look at the presidential race way more Republicans were against Trump than Democrats against Clinton

Both parties fight amongst themselves from time to time, idont think either has a huge advantage in terms of 'unity'.

Republicans who hate their nominee will hold their nose and vote for them in an election.

Democrats who hate their nominee will either vote for a third party, or for trump or stay home.
This! If you look at other Western countries you see that the left is divided in multiples different parties but the right wing is usually bounded to 1 and sometimes 2 parties.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1677 on: November 03, 2017, 10:41:37 PM »

According to elect project, early voting is pointing to a narrow Ralph win
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1678 on: November 03, 2017, 10:42:41 PM »

VA has limited early voting tho so probably hard to Tea Leaf there
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1679 on: November 03, 2017, 10:52:11 PM »

He does mention this in his thread his basis is area of were EV is coming from and NoVa is ahead of were it was in 2013 while the rural areas Ed needs are about the same or lagging behind the 2013 returns
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #1680 on: November 03, 2017, 11:14:47 PM »

Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMpKbQULZZ0
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1681 on: November 03, 2017, 11:27:48 PM »

You know for the crap Ralph gets Ed is just running a white grievance campagin thatbis so blatant it's should almost be insulting to the people he is courting
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1682 on: November 03, 2017, 11:42:59 PM »

What a ridiculously superficial ad. It's sad, really

He does mention this in his thread his basis is area of were EV is coming from and NoVa is ahead of were it was in 2013 while the rural areas Ed needs are about the same or lagging behind the 2013 returns

Reverse MI 2016?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1683 on: November 03, 2017, 11:57:13 PM »

If voters think Confederate statues and non-existent sanctuary cities are the most important issues they are idiots. This election is just embarrassing at this point.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1684 on: November 04, 2017, 12:04:55 AM »

Early voting is (almost) completely irrelevant in virginia.

I think Northam wins by 3-5, but early voting really isn't a thing here.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1685 on: November 04, 2017, 01:39:51 AM »

Well if Northam lost at least we have a reason. Party infighting! I'll give GOP one thing at least all the fight ends when the General election starts.

Yes, blame the leftists and not, y'know, Northam's wet fart of a campaign.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1686 on: November 04, 2017, 01:42:54 AM »

At this point, it's pretty clear we're in one of the below scenarios:

1. Northam is begging and pleading to Fairfax County throughout the count to boost him over the top, and wins by Purple heart%.
2. Gillespie wins.

Both are bad for the democratic party. In a Clinton +5 state, and with Trump in mid 30s approvals, they should be winning by double digits. The party needs to do some serious soul-searching no matter who wins.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1687 on: November 04, 2017, 02:03:18 AM »

I've never heard of MS-13 until I heard GOP candidates screaming about. Are they not a big gang in Oklahoma?
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #1688 on: November 04, 2017, 02:20:53 AM »

I've never heard of MS-13 until I heard GOP candidates screaming about. Are they not a big gang in Oklahoma?
From what I know they live in nice areas and sell drugs in poor areas,actually Northern Virginia and Long Island have a really bad MS 13 issue.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1689 on: November 04, 2017, 02:31:31 AM »

That was incredible. I hereby retract my Northam endorsement. I simply can't support him if this is a referendum on this matter now.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1690 on: November 04, 2017, 02:31:48 AM »

1. Northam is begging and pleading to Fairfax County throughout the count to boost him over the top, and wins by Purple heart%.
2. Gillespie wins.

Both are bad for the democratic party. In a Clinton +5 state, and with Trump in mid 30s approvals, they should be winning by double digits. The party needs to do some serious soul-searching no matter who wins.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about if you think a non-incumbent Democrat can (let alone should) win Virginia by double digits in a still fairly racially polarized state. and if you think tthose two scenarios above are the only scenarios that are plausible, then you probably shouldn't even be commenting about politics at all.

Logically, the only other scenario  (except 1 and 2) is Northam winning by more then 3%. But is it likely nowHuh
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1691 on: November 04, 2017, 02:37:28 AM »

I first heard it discussed as a NOVA problem, in 2005.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1692 on: November 04, 2017, 03:13:39 AM »

2. Gillespie wins.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about if you think a non-incumbent Democrat can (let alone should) win Virginia by double digits in a still fairly racially polarized state. and if you think tthose two scenarios above are the only scenarios that are plausible, then you probably shouldn't even be commenting about politics at all.

Logically, the only other scenario  (except 1 and 2) is Northam winning by more then 3%. But is it likely nowHuh

Uh, just as likely as Gillespie winning, yes. Last I checked, Northam still had a small 2 point lead in RCP.

Though frankly if Northam loses this race, Democrats might as well just give Republicans total power in the country. If old geezers want to scream and vote based on culture wars (Confederate statues, Colin Kaepernick, and MS-13, none of which these Republicans will do anything about once elected) so be it. I'll feel no sympathy for them when they lose all their benefits and are boned by whatever austerity measures are passed. In fact, I'll probably be one of the biggest cheerleaders for it.

I understand your feelings, but if that's their priorities - what could be done about it?  Essentially - nothing. I am 60 years old myself and, while being socially liberal, easily understand that social changes of last decades are a sort of Armageddon for many in my (and older) generation. Believe me, 40 years ago almost no one not only couldn't imagine single-sex marriages, but, for 90% of this generation, the very fact of such relations between 2 persons was no less then atrocious. And "Confederation monuments" for almost all Southerners of this generation are as sacral as Jesus himself. After all - Virginia was a Condederate state, wasn't it???  AFAIK American South - it could be populist on economics, but never (or almost never at least) on social issues, and this, in addition to greater reliance of Democratic party on Blacks and other minority voters, was the main reason of "great white exodus" to Republican party, which reflects these feeligs much better now.  And if young people are so apathetic (in some cases - ignorant) about elections and their meaning  - well, let them live with that too. They utterly deserve it. May be - that will finally teach them a lesson, and 10 years from now they will raise their asses from chairs and finally go to the polls.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1693 on: November 04, 2017, 03:37:45 AM »

2. Gillespie wins.

The party needed to do some serious soul searching long before they nominated this Bush supporter.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1694 on: November 04, 2017, 03:39:57 AM »
« Edited: November 04, 2017, 03:42:53 AM by smoltchanov »

2. Gillespie wins.

The party needed to do some serious soul searching long before they nominated this Bush supporter.

You think an ardent ultraprogressive would surely win Governor race in Virginia? May be even in South Carolina and Alabama too? These states are not California.

P.S. I don't see a very progressive Fairfax doing much better in polls then Northam.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1695 on: November 04, 2017, 03:43:53 AM »

Beet's analysis of VA-Gov, greatest hits:

I think I'll be really sad when this guy loses due to be outspent by Northam. If you're in Virginia guys vote Perriello. Please!

Don't be surprised if Gillespie narrowly wins in November.

You be the judge. Am I the smartest one here when it comes to American politics, or what? Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh. Badabing Badaboom, baby.
Hydera

« Reply #1696 on: November 04, 2017, 06:03:27 AM »

2. Gillespie wins.

You think an ardent ultraprogressive would surely win Governor race in Virginia? May be even in South Carolina and Alabama too? These states are not California.

P.S. I don't see a very progressive Fairfax doing much better in polls then Northam.

Berniebro theory of politics: Always run a progressive in every race and if they fail who cares at least you get to complain because being a berniebro complaining is just as good as governing.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1697 on: November 04, 2017, 06:05:34 AM »

Beet's analysis of VA-Gov, greatest hits:

I think I'll be really sad when this guy loses due to be outspent by Northam. If you're in Virginia guys vote Perriello. Please!

Don't be surprised if Gillespie narrowly wins in November.

You be the judge. Am I the smartest one here when it comes to American politics, or what? Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh. Badabing Badaboom, baby.

We’re all so impressed that you made two claims that were/are both essentially plausible and we’re totally not mentioned by anyone else but you.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1698 on: November 04, 2017, 06:10:59 AM »

2. Gillespie wins.

Berniebro theory of politics: Always run a progressive in every race and if they fail who cares at least you get to complain because being a berniebro complaining is just as good as governing.

Exactly. An idiocy of highest caliber. That's why i dislike the radical BernieBro's almost as much as alt-right. 2 sides of one medal....
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1699 on: November 04, 2017, 07:41:51 AM »

It's strange that people are now accepting their accolades three days before Election Day.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies