VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:07:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 73
Author Topic: VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)  (Read 161440 times)
Seattle
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: October 31, 2017, 05:22:33 PM »

I would buy some shares but I’m only 15 and I’m broke since I spent all my money on battlefront 2.

Suddenly everything makes sense.

Did you know that Chris Gregoire actually won the 2004 election by 6% but Rossi actually hired Idahoans to vote illegally in Spokane. This is as true as any story Mr Greedo spins.

10/10

Lel

There needs to be a Kamala amazing posts compilation thread.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1351 on: October 31, 2017, 05:25:02 PM »

I would buy some shares but I’m only 15 and I’m broke since I spent all my money on battlefront 2.

Did you know that Chris Gregoire actually won the 2004 election by 6% but Rossi actually hired Idahoans to vote illegally in Spokane. This is as true as any story Mr Greedo spins.

10/10

Lel

Did you guys know that Dino Rossi won the 8th under a more democrat map everytime he ran?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_gubernatorial_election,_2004
Oh look he won the first count and the second count oh wait the crybaby democrats won’t stop oh what do you know they found random ballots in king county which magically showed up.

Seriously you guys are all political hacks and I’m not someone who thinks every election is rigged. But I do think that Washington gubernatorial 2004 and Minnesota senate 2008 and *maybe* North Carolina gubernatorial race in 2016.
But those first two are 100% rigged just like how Illinois was rigged in 1960.

Judging by what you post, I don't know how you can call other people hacks, so... Tongue
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1352 on: October 31, 2017, 05:25:10 PM »

Seriously you guys are all political hacks and I’m not someone who thinks every election is rigged. But I do think that Washington gubernatorial 2004 and Minnesota senate 2008 and *maybe* North Carolina gubernatorial race in 2016.

So all close elections where Republicans lose are rigged? Do you work for the RNC or NCGOP?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1353 on: October 31, 2017, 05:32:11 PM »

10/10

Lel

Did you guys know that Dino Rossi won the 8th under a more democrat map everytime he ran?
Oh look he won the first count and the second count oh wait the crybaby democrats won’t stop oh what do you know they found random ballots in king county which magically showed up.

I'll see you, and raise you Florida 2000.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #1354 on: October 31, 2017, 05:34:41 PM »

10/10

Lel

I see you two, and raise you Illinois Governor 2010.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #1355 on: October 31, 2017, 05:36:20 PM »

10/10

Lel

Listen Florida in 2000 was iffy but I don’t think it was rigged.I have read about people in the media doing there own recounts and bush still winning so I don’t think that was rigged,just like how I don’t think the 2013 Virginia attorney generals race was rigged even so it was close.
uti2

« Reply #1356 on: October 31, 2017, 06:05:40 PM »

10/10

Lel

Listen Florida in 2000 was iffy but I don’t think it was rigged.I have read about people in the media doing there own recounts and bush still winning so I don’t think that was rigged,just like how I don’t think the 2013 Virginia attorney generals race was rigged even so it was close.

A full recount of the entire state including all overvotes and undervotes  (which was going to be authorized by the state court) had Gore winning.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/06/yes-bush-v-gore-did-steal-the-election.html

Also, if you're assuming that the Dems 'stole' those other elections, then they also would've been able to steal FL had the Supreme Court not violated State's Rights in Bush v. Gore.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1357 on: October 31, 2017, 06:25:22 PM »

10/10

h*cking good. would empty quote
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #1358 on: October 31, 2017, 06:57:59 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2017, 07:00:57 PM by Virginia »

No one seems to remember that a white supremacist ran over someone with a car and killed them earlier this year. Gillespie running ads supporting the confederate monuments does nothing to discourage that people who created violence in Charlottesville and he has clearly tried to get those sort of people on his side.

Northam is up anywhere from 6% to 17% (no, I'm not calling Quinnipiac a fake poll like Trump would), so of course Gillespie would be desperate enough to try and get just anyone on his side.
Again your the biggest left-wing hack on this site,NO CANDIDATE IS WINNING BY MORE 3 POINTS.

Sure thing Mr.Unskewer...
You just wait I still think Gillespie has a 60% chance of winning.

Wanna hear a fact? Democrats won 60% of the primary votes. Smiley
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1359 on: October 31, 2017, 07:02:14 PM »

Look there is really no point in arguing endlessly about this. Greedo is not going to change his mind, and I doubt many of us are either. I don't think he is correct but in the end I can't say for sure what will happen next week.

Let's just wait and see, because this isn't really accomplishing anything.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #1360 on: October 31, 2017, 07:12:53 PM »

Look there is really no point in arguing endlessly about this. Greedo is not going to change his mind, and I doubt many of us are either. I don't think he is correct but in the end I can't say for sure what will happen next week.

Agreed but Atlas don't let this distract you from the fact that Greedo never shot first or simultaneously but was shot by Han first like the little punk he was.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #1361 on: October 31, 2017, 07:15:10 PM »

Agreed but Atlas don't let this distract you from the fact that Greedo never shot first or simultaneously but was shot by Han first like the little punk he was.

#GreedoDidNothingWrong
#Justice4Greedo
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #1362 on: October 31, 2017, 07:25:41 PM »

Northam will have the TV advantage in the last week:

The most interesting market to me is Roanoke, where the campaigns themselves are roughly even in spending, but outside spending tips it in Gillespie's favor. Who's doing it?

Im sort of in the southern part of the Roanoke market. The few times I've walked by a tv thats been on, we get the same NRA ad over and over. Its a clip of Northam at a Dem conference saying he's proud to have an F from the NRA.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #1363 on: October 31, 2017, 07:39:02 PM »

#GreedoDidNothingWrong
#Justice4Greedo
Thanks
#greedo4lincolnhouse
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1364 on: October 31, 2017, 08:01:31 PM »

Northam will have the TV advantage in the last week:

The most interesting thing I think is how little the Latino Victory issue is going to be. Over the next week they are going to spend 32K only in NOVA - itself a drop compared to 2.3 Million being spent by Northam and 1.96 Million being spent by Gillespie. How much airtime do you think 32K gives you in one of the nations most expensive media markets in the last week of a campaign?  If these buys were not reserved in advance, they they could be even more limited.

So the ad is only playing in NOVA for starters, the one area of the state where its issues actually make sense. The monetary spending suggests it won't get the airtime it needs compared to all the other partisan attacks  in the region: Northam and Gillespie, Fairfax and Vogel, Herring and Adams, in addition to all the competitive HoD races currently in NOVA. Its looking like the only people who are really going to see and vividly remember the Latino Victory ad are those that see it online through their partisan networks - Democrats and Republicans who already have their mind made up before watching it.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1365 on: October 31, 2017, 08:16:38 PM »

I love you
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1366 on: October 31, 2017, 08:18:14 PM »

The most interesting thing I think is how little the Latino Victory issue is going to be. Over the next week they are going to spend 32K only in NOVA - itself a drop compared to 2.3 Million being spent by Northam and 1.96 Million being spent by Gillespie. How much airtime do you think 32K gives you in one of the nations most expensive media markets in the last week of a campaign?  If these buys were not reserved in advance, they they could be even more limited.

So the ad is only playing in NOVA for starters, the one area of the state where its issues actually make sense. The monetary spending suggests it won't get the airtime it needs compared to all the other partisan attacks  in the region: Northam and Gillespie, Fairfax and Vogel, Herring and Adams, in addition to all the competitive HoD races currently in NOVA. Its looking like the only people who are really going to see and vividly remember the Latino Victory ad are those that see it online through their partisan networks - Democrats and Republicans who already have their mind made up before watching it.

This about sums up my opinion on it. I do actually think the overall message of the ad has merit but in this case it seems self-defeating if it was put out there with a huge ad buy, and that doesn't seem to be the case. The only people who will probably end up knowing much about this or seeing it will be activists and other partisans who have long since made up their minds. Maybe it could motivate some conservatives who were thinking about not voting, but I dunno how we would even measure that. So far enthusiasm still seems to be on Northam's side.

If Gillespie somehow wins, or if it is a very narrow Northam win, I really doubt this ad will be responsible for it.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #1367 on: October 31, 2017, 08:44:14 PM »

Just crazy how Republicans can get away with basically calling Dems gang sympathizers and sex offender supporters but an ad from an independent group implying their racist and there's universal outrage.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1368 on: October 31, 2017, 09:33:32 PM »

Politico article on why the polling is all over the place: Random Digit Dial vs. Voter File polls

The biggest outliers are Quinnipiac (N+17) and Hampton (G+8), and both use RDD. When you take those out, the range is a much tighter G+1 to N+7, which is more in line with the kind of spread you would see in a race with a modest Northam lead (and what is much more in line with expectations).

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/31/virginia-governors-polling-northam-gillespie-244362
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1369 on: October 31, 2017, 09:52:00 PM »

Fox News (i.e. take it with a grain of salt) is reporting that the Latino Voices ad is being pulled.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #1370 on: November 01, 2017, 09:42:44 AM »

Pulled "due to events" and not because the ad is garbage both by ad standards and politically. This group truly is a piece of sh*t

https://twitter.com/latinovictoryus/status/925492979011325953
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1371 on: November 01, 2017, 09:50:58 AM »

They did a bad thing by firing up an army of snowflakes. I'm glad they pulled it down before it got to be a big problem.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #1372 on: November 01, 2017, 10:08:40 AM »
« Edited: November 01, 2017, 10:10:11 AM by VirginiaModerate »

They did a bad thing by firing up an army of snowflakes. I'm glad they pulled it down before it got to be a big problem.

Yes, let's call everyone snowflakes and ignore the backlash against this ad by Virginians of both sides of the spectrum, including backlash from Latino(a)s. Also they were idiots to run this ad when something like this actually happened here but since the perp was here illegally, the news coverage dropped off https://www.mediaite.com/columnists/a-muslim-girl-in-virginia-was-actually-chased-by-a-vehicle-and-killed-but-by-an-illegal-immigrant/ Latino Victory is probably run by 20 something staffers with not a whiff of actual govt/professional PR experience.

This will give Gillespie at least five thousand more votes. Mark my words. And Northam has STILL not officially put out a press release distancing himself from that ad. It might be ill advised to do so but it does show leadership to get out in front of it.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1373 on: November 01, 2017, 10:28:16 AM »

You have to love the double standard.

Gillespie has been race-baiting this entire cycle. But it is the latino ad that gets limp-**** moderates upset.

Americans just suck.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #1374 on: November 01, 2017, 10:39:26 AM »

You have to love the double standard.

Gillespie has been race-baiting this entire cycle. But it is the latino ad that gets limp-**** moderates upset.

Americans just suck.

Because it was just plain bad and deserved to be called out. Ftr, those ld moderates you dislike make up the majority of Virginians. If you don't like that, feel free to pack up and move to CA, IL, or some other mismanaged state that is circling the drain. Are you even a Virginian or are you just using VA as an avatar?
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies