VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:37:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 73
Author Topic: VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)  (Read 161650 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: October 24, 2017, 01:09:01 PM »

What exactly has Northam uh, lied about with regard to Enron Ed Gillespie? Like I said in a different thread, false equivalencies are powerful weapon deployed by closeted Republicans such as yourself.
UncleSam

« Reply #1176 on: October 24, 2017, 01:12:22 PM »

Lol at all the left wingers triggered by Gillespie's slandering Northam while openly calling Trump a rapist in other threads. The hypocrisy is real.

Wow, what an insightful take! Unfortunately, though, the fact that Trump is undeniably a sexual predator renders this comparison moot. The effort you put into this whataboutery is commendable, though. Keep fighting the good fight!
Keep drinking the kool aid fam lol

Every political candidate from both major parties have pulled this bullsh**t continuously for centuries. The fact that you keep believing them is why.

I mean there are over a million links to the video where Trump admits to sexual assault. Maybe you missed it?
Because men with inflated and fragile egos have never claimed to be more 'machismo' and sexually successful than they actually are to other dudes with similarly fragile egos and zero respect for women.

Seriously lol if you think that's anywhere close to an 'admission' of anything then idk it just points toward cognitive dissonance with respect to Trump's mental fragility. I'm not saying I know what happened or that he is innocent / not a piece of sh**t regardless, I'm saying it's not a tenable or logically consistent position to assume that Trump wasn't full of sh**t on this point but is all the other times he speaks.
swf541

« Reply #1177 on: October 24, 2017, 01:13:11 PM »

Great new Northam ad targeting rural areas
https://twitter.com/ralphnortham/status/922829230282543104
UncleSam

« Reply #1178 on: October 24, 2017, 01:23:03 PM »

What exactly has Northam uh, lied about with regard to Enron Ed Gillespie? Like I said in a different thread, false equivalencies are powerful weapon deployed by closeted Republicans such as yourself.
Two points in response
1. Northam's assertion that Ed Gillespie is associated with Enron in any meaningful way is every bit as spurious (if less bombastic) as Gillespie's claim that Northam 'supports' child molesters. Northam supports voting rights for felons, which in some cases are child molesters. Gillespie lobbied for Enron fifteen years ago and before Enron did anything illicit. Both are logical jumps and effectively straight bullsh**t, even if technically both are 'true', whatever that means anymore.
2. Why would I feel any need to be a 'closeted Republican' lol, we are on an anonymous political website meant for expressing your thoughts freely. This sort of group think and 'purge' mentality is blitheringly stupid when the reality is that most people hold beliefs consistent with both major parties, depending on the topic.

In any case, this discussion has veered generally away from the topic at hand (the VA Governor's race), so I'll stop responding to baseless assertions vaguely attacking my ideological purity or ability to read.

And yes, these recent ads show strong hints that Gillespie views himself as a heavy underdog presently. Expect him to either go all out on SW Virginia by calling in Trump or all-out on NOVA with transportation focus on the last few weeks. Northam needs to simply put forth a generic positive vision for Virginia with some transportation and health care specifics and he should coast to a small but significant win.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1179 on: October 24, 2017, 01:26:01 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/northam-touts-212k-weekend-door-knocks-in-virginia--while-dnc-was-fretting-about-race/2017/10/23/a4627eae-b82a-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

For Northam, as the article states, this doesn't include the canvassing/GOTV ops of outside groups.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1180 on: October 24, 2017, 01:29:13 PM »

Flawless, Beautiful Marco Rubio and Susana Martinez will be campaigning for Gillespie!!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/marco-rubio-susana-martinez-to-rally-for-ed-gillespie-in-northern-virginia/2017/10/24/1e86c4aa-b8d6-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1181 on: October 24, 2017, 01:31:01 PM »

If Pence couldn't draw a crowd, neither will this.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #1182 on: October 24, 2017, 01:32:29 PM »

1. Northam's assertion that Ed Gillespie is associated with Enron in any meaningful way is every bit as spurious (if less bombastic) as Gillespie's claim that Northam 'supports' child molesters. Northam supports voting rights for felons, which in some cases are child molesters. Gillespie lobbied for Enron fifteen years ago and before Enron did anything illicit. Both are logical jumps and effectively straight bullsh**t, even if technically both are 'true', whatever that means anymore.

Yeah no, the facts don't back this one up. Enron was engaging in various frauds that centered around cooking their books before Quinn Gillespie & Associates picked them up as a client in 2001. Gillespie's website hilariously talks about this issue, basically saying "but everyone thought Enron was soo good before they got caught!".
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

« Reply #1183 on: October 24, 2017, 05:09:30 PM »

If Trump decided to do a couple rallies in SW Virginia would that help Gillespie?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1184 on: October 24, 2017, 06:04:18 PM »

I the SW sure, but it would probably have a possible equal negative effect in NoVa.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1185 on: October 24, 2017, 09:20:07 PM »

Lol at all the left wingers triggered by Gillespie's slandering Northam while openly calling Trump a rapist in other threads. The hypocrisy is real.

Wow, what an insightful take! Unfortunately, though, the fact that Trump is undeniably a sexual predator renders this comparison moot. The effort you put into this whataboutery is commendable, though. Keep fighting the good fight!
Keep drinking the kool aid fam lol

Every political candidate from both major parties have pulled this bullsh**t continuously for centuries. The fact that you keep believing them is why.

I mean there are over a million links to the video where Trump admits to sexual assault. Maybe you missed it?
Because men with inflated and fragile egos have never claimed to be more 'machismo' and sexually successful than they actually are to other dudes with similarly fragile egos and zero respect for women.

Seriously lol if you think that's anywhere close to an 'admission' of anything then idk it just points toward cognitive dissonance with respect to Trump's mental fragility. I'm not saying I know what happened or that he is innocent / not a piece of sh**t regardless, I'm saying it's not a tenable or logically consistent position to assume that Trump wasn't full of sh**t on this point but is all the other times he speaks.
At best, he clearly doesn't respect women. At worst, he's committed some very awful acts.

Like all things Trump, I say we take him at his word.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1186 on: October 24, 2017, 10:41:49 PM »

How did it work out for Strange with that Huntsville rally again?
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1187 on: October 24, 2017, 11:34:38 PM »

not the same, although its a bad idea for different reasons.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #1188 on: October 25, 2017, 09:08:16 AM »

National Journal: Progressives fear that Northam could pave the way for a moderate revival within the party

Haha.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1189 on: October 25, 2017, 09:24:34 AM »

God forbid we have a big tent for all the people fleeing the dumpster fire of the GOP
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1190 on: October 25, 2017, 09:42:53 AM »

Even though there was an article the other day how Northam is to the left of many in the party on Education.
BundouYMB

« Reply #1191 on: October 25, 2017, 10:06:36 AM »

"Revival"? Moderates run the party.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1192 on: October 25, 2017, 10:08:43 AM »

Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1193 on: October 25, 2017, 12:52:14 PM »

If moderates ran the party, they would let ProLife democrats speak at conventions.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1194 on: October 25, 2017, 02:38:13 PM »

This.

And even if this were true, I don't recall the victory of Larry Hogan or Charlie Baker doing this for the GOP.

I don't recall it that way Bob McDonnell either, actually he veered rightwards
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1195 on: October 25, 2017, 02:40:15 PM »

This.

And even if this were true, I don't recall the victory of Larry Hogan or Charlie Baker doing this for the GOP.

I don't recall it that way Bob McDonnell either, actually he veered rightwards

Or Pat McCrory.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1196 on: October 25, 2017, 03:30:20 PM »

Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #1197 on: October 25, 2017, 03:46:11 PM »

If moderates ran the party you wouldn’t be seeing democrats in mass supporting a raging loon like Комрадь Берний Сэндерзь
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1198 on: October 25, 2017, 04:22:35 PM »

If moderates ran the party you wouldn’t be seeing democrats in mass supporting a raging loon like Комрадь Берний Сэндерзь

Moderates running the party has nothing to do with the base supporting Sanders.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1199 on: October 25, 2017, 04:25:19 PM »

Is this peak Josh Kraushaar?

National Journal, 2019: Trump could face serious primary opposition from the Phil Scott-wing of the GOP.

Not even the worst take he had this week. The other day he said it was up to dems to moderate to bring in nevertrumpers.

I mean what an arrogant statement. Your party got taking over by crazy people, so it is up to Dems to give into your demands.

Like GTFO.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies