Election of 2064: Based off this map, guess the election results.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:22:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election of 2064: Based off this map, guess the election results.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Election of 2064: Based off this map, guess the election results.  (Read 3131 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2017, 06:16:33 AM »

Bump.
jburnx2
Rookie
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2017, 10:01:24 AM »

Are there any other questions? About the results, or individual states? Or particular counties (such as which counties voted for which candidate, and by what margin)? What about the popular-vote percentage? Or vote percentages by age groups?
How much did Pennsylvania vote Democrat and what was the margin in Somerset County, PA? I'm also curious about the national popular vote and age groups.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2017, 04:24:58 PM »

I don't think Hamilton County, Indiana, will still be solid red in 2064.  It'll be slightly competitive with a red twinge.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2017, 08:28:51 PM »

Are there any other questions? About the results, or individual states? Or particular counties (such as which counties voted for which candidate, and by what margin)? What about the popular-vote percentage? Or vote percentages by age groups?
How much did Pennsylvania vote Democrat and what was the margin in Somerset County, PA? I'm also curious about the national popular vote and age groups.

President Rutherford won Pennsylvania in a landslide. He won Pennsylvania with 64.92% of the vote, to Leach's 35.08%. Moreover, as you can see on the map, Rutherford won sixty-two of your state's sixty-seven counties. Rutherford garnered 59.72% of the vote in Somerset County, to Leach's 40.28%, a nineteen percent margin of victory.

The popular vote was an absolute blowout for Leach and the Republican Party. They were slaughtered very badly. Rutherford captured 66.1% of the popular vote, compared to 33.9% for Leach. This was a margin of 33.4%, the largest in history, and far larger then the 26.2% margin which separated Harding from Cox in 1920. Rutherford broke the record set by Lyndon Johnson a century earlier. What was notable about his victory was that he ran up record, Obama-like margins of victory in the nation's metropolitan areas, dominated suburbs (building upon trends that began in 2016 with Clinton), and captured the majority of the rural vote, approaching Trump-like strength in the Northeast, Upper Midwest, and Southwest (as well as Colorado, where he won every county). Moreover, Rutherford dominated among all age groups. He got 76% among voters aged 18-29; 68% among voters aged 30-44; 63% among voters aged 45-64; and 61% among voters aged 65 and older.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2017, 08:30:39 PM »

I don't think Hamilton County, Indiana, will still be solid red in 2064.  It'll be slightly competitive with a red twinge.

You are correct; Hamilton County is competitive by 2064, but Leach manages to hold on with 49.71% of the vote. He beat Rutherford there by less then 0.16%. In fact, many of those red counties you see in eastern Indiana were won by Leach by relatively close margins. And note that Rutherford won Hendricks County.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2017, 12:17:40 AM »

1: Booker is not an economic populist.
2: That Ohio map is very strange.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2017, 12:24:17 AM »

1: Booker is not an economic populist.
2: That Ohio map is very strange.

For the first, I mean to say that he was one of several individuals who changed the direction of the Democrats following the elections of 2020 and 2024. Second, what exactly is strange about the Ohio map? Keep in mind that the scenario is set nearly half a century from now.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2017, 12:33:18 AM »

The urban sprawl of Columbus suburbs voting the same way as the largely rural Northwest just doesn't make much sense to me, given population trends and the partisan tweaks.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2017, 12:52:42 AM »

The urban sprawl of Columbus suburbs voting the same way as the largely rural Northwest just doesn't make much sense to me, given population trends and the partisan tweaks.

I see. In my scenario, I sought to take account of what the next half-century might possibly bring. This actually derives from a larger timeline that I have been working on. The reason that the Northwest and the suburbs of Columbus vote the way they do in 2064 is due to partisan affiliation (Republican holdouts) and demographic, as well as economic, changes.
Cynthia
ueutyi
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -3.63

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2017, 02:37:33 AM »

Your tone sounds like that of a teacher.
jburnx2
Rookie
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2017, 08:34:43 PM »

President Rutherford won Pennsylvania in a landslide. He won Pennsylvania with 64.92% of the vote, to Leach's 35.08%. Moreover, as you can see on the map, Rutherford won sixty-two of your state's sixty-seven counties. Rutherford garnered 59.72% of the vote in Somerset County, to Leach's 40.28%, a nineteen percent margin of victory.

The popular vote was an absolute blowout for Leach and the Republican Party. They were slaughtered very badly. Rutherford captured 66.1% of the popular vote, compared to 33.9% for Leach. This was a margin of 33.4%, the largest in history, and far larger then the 26.2% margin which separated Harding from Cox in 1920. Rutherford broke the record set by Lyndon Johnson a century earlier. What was notable about his victory was that he ran up record, Obama-like margins of victory in the nation's metropolitan areas, dominated suburbs (building upon trends that began in 2016 with Clinton), and captured the majority of the rural vote, approaching Trump-like strength in the Northeast, Upper Midwest, and Southwest (as well as Colorado, where he won every county). Moreover, Rutherford dominated among all age groups. He got 76% among voters aged 18-29; 68% among voters aged 30-44; 63% among voters aged 45-64; and 61% among voters aged 65 and older.
That's an absolute blowout, I love it. Had Somerset County been trending Democratic in recent years or was it a sudden flip, like how it randomly flipped to Johnson in 1964?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2017, 02:39:04 AM »

That's an absolute blowout, I love it. Had Somerset County been trending Democratic in recent years or was it a sudden flip, like how it randomly flipped to Johnson in 1964?

A random flip, due to Leach's unpopularity.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2017, 07:02:51 AM »

Is this Atlas Blue/Red or Regular Blue/Red?

Regular Blue/Red. So "Team Blue" is the Democratic Party; "Team Red" is the Republican Party. That could probably be guessed based off the counties won by each.

Blue is the Republican Party and red is the Democratic Party on this website
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2017, 09:06:31 PM »

Is this Atlas Blue/Red or Regular Blue/Red?

Regular Blue/Red. So "Team Blue" is the Democratic Party; "Team Red" is the Republican Party. That could probably be guessed based off the counties won by each.

Blue is the Republican Party and red is the Democratic Party on this website

I know that. I adhere to traditional patterns on my maps.

Are there any other questions?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies