U.N Security Council passes resolution Israeli settlements; the U.S doesn't veto
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:37:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  U.N Security Council passes resolution Israeli settlements; the U.S doesn't veto
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: U.N Security Council passes resolution Israeli settlements; the U.S doesn't veto  (Read 3790 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 23, 2016, 03:17:40 PM »
« edited: December 23, 2016, 03:24:29 PM by Parrotguy »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-declines-to-veto-un-security-council-resolution-for-israel-to-stop-jewish-settlement-activity/2016/12/23/cd4efe72-c939-11e6-bf4b-2c064d32a4bf_story.html?utm_term=.bf803cec3927

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Meh. Normally I'd be fiercely against such a thing, and indeed, the U.N. is a rotten organization where Saudi Arabia sits at the Human Rights Council and Israel is a constant punching bag to the Arab nations. But the settlements have become more and more of a pain in the neck- a child born in the settlements recieves 5 times more funding than a child in other parts of Israel, the Galilee (where I live) is dying but the government is having emergency meetings for 40 families in some remote hill. I can't really get myself to care for the settlements.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 03:22:42 PM »

The GOP is going to scream about leaving the UN, or at least telling them to take their building elsewhere.

publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 03:23:33 PM »

Just kill all the people in the West Bank that are in the way, right?
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 03:23:55 PM »

Obama just killed the UN out of sheer spite. Get ready for the US, Israel, and likely Russia to withdraw over the next few years.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 03:24:32 PM »

The left's fevered fantasies of a non-existent planned Israeli genocide that will justify "measures" against six million Jews are really disturbing.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 03:26:35 PM »

The left's fevered fantasies of a non-existent planned Israeli genocide that will justify "measures" against six million Jews are really disturbing.

Not as disturbing as the Apartheid state of Israel being immune to criticism. To the point where the very foundation of international politics may be destroyed over it.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 03:27:52 PM »

Not as disturbing as the Apartheid state of Israel being immune to criticism. To the point where the very foundation of international politics may be destroyed over it.

All the blood libels in the world aren't going to change the fact that Israel is a nuclear power and is going to assert its continued existence on this planet, and nothing short of WW3 is going to change that.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 03:29:11 PM »

All the blood libels in the world aren't going to change the fact that Israel is a nuclear power and is going to assert its continued existence on this planet, and nothing short of WW3 is going to change that.

Yeah, "We will use our secret nukes to start WW3" TOTALLY convinces me that Israel are the good guys here.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 03:30:20 PM »

Yeah, "We will use our secret nukes to start WW3" TOTALLY convinces me that Israel are the good guys here.

They wouldn't start it. The exterminationists would. But they would finish it, if need be.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 03:32:28 PM »

Obama just killed the UN out of sheer spite. Get ready for the US, Israel, and likely Russia to withdraw over the next few years.

...no.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 03:32:40 PM »

"Appartheid State"- extreme liberals keep saying that, but I don't think they know the meaning. Please do provide proper proofs that Israel is resembles Appartheid South Africa. I don't think you can, though- after all, South Africa didn't have a black Supreme Court judge, or black Parliament members.

But in any case, if an annexation of the West Bank happens, becoming an appartheid state is a real concern. That's why a two state solution is the only solution.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2016, 03:32:43 PM »

Tbh at this point a one state solution is kind of inevitable. well, not inevitable , but certainly more likely than the mad hope of a two state solution, given that half of Palestine is heavily guarded theocracy that nobody knows what to do with and the other half is barely able to maintain its own territory.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2016, 03:34:49 PM »

Russia voted for the decision, by the way.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2016, 03:35:12 PM »

In all fairness that is Iran's exact same line on the bomb
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2016, 03:37:46 PM »

The GOP is going to scream about leaving the UN, or at least telling them to take their building elsewhere.
meh, strongly worded letters from the UN have always been ignored by everybody, no reason for this time to be any different.

That said, the UN is useless and should take it's building elsewhere....and we're keeping our money too thankyouverymuch.  I can dream.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2016, 03:38:24 PM »

Yeah, but they have no stake either way. But in the bigger picture, the UN is a nuisance for their plans of Eurasian conquest. Once Israel and the UN start pulling back or withdrawing all together, why would Russia bother staying on board? It'll be a domino effect of the UN losing its global prestige and collapsing from within.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 03:50:13 PM »

100% correct decision. Israel is one of the worst abusers that there is, should be discussed on par with Saudi.

These crooks have destroyed an entire nation, made them refugees. The tragedy of Palestine people is unsaid & that is sad. If you want to condemn Saudis, then talk about Israelis indulging in illegal acts which are violations in acts of war - War crimes where Israel disproportionately targets civilians - You can't bomb hospital - It is a war crime.

And these guys have taken over Palestine. My friends visited Jerusalem, they were all allowed to go but 1 Palestine guy who they befriended was kicked off, not allowed to go in what is their holy place because they were from Palestine.

They are taking over the entire remaining parts of the West bank or whatever little is left of Palestine by building settlements affecting killing a 2 state solution - What they are doing will mean Palestine will be taken over & the original people will never have a country of their own.

Netanyahu is a vile human being & is on the league of the Wahabbi ultra radical House of Saud people.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 03:53:25 PM »

As did European countries I am sure. All Christian Western White countries are ashamed of Israel as it is a serious blot on all Judaio-Christian Western countries.

France-Germany & all European countries have strongly condemned the actions of Israel as does every UN body & every sensible human being. I am people generally are not as dumb as most people in this forum.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2016, 03:56:52 PM »

As did European countries I am sure. All Christian Western White countries are ashamed of Israel as it is a serious blot on all Judaio-Christian Western countries.

France-Germany & all European countries have strongly condemned the actions of Israel as does every UN body & every sensible human being. I am people generally are not as dumb as most people in this forum.

"Christian Western White countries" can literally go to hell if they think they have any right to sit in judgement over Israel for the next thousand years.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2016, 03:59:04 PM »

I am people generally are not as dumb as most people in this forum.
are you sure?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2016, 04:01:03 PM »

100% correct decision. Israel is one of the worst abusers that there is, should be discussed on par with Saudi.

These crooks have destroyed an entire nation, made them refugees. The tragedy of Palestine people is unsaid & that is sad. If you want to condemn Saudis, then talk about Israelis indulging in illegal acts which are violations in acts of war - War crimes where Israel disproportionately targets civilians - You can't bomb hospital - It is a war crime.

And these guys have taken over Palestine. My friends visited Jerusalem, they were all allowed to go but 1 Palestine guy who they befriended was kicked off, not allowed to go in what is their holy place because they were from Palestine.

They are taking over the entire remaining parts of the West bank or whatever little is left of Palestine by building settlements affecting killing a 2 state solution - What they are doing will mean Palestine will be taken over & the original people will never have a country of their own.

Netanyahu is a vile human being & is on the league of the Wahabbi ultra radical House of Saud people.

To be honest, I'm pretty tired of these kinds of discussions. I'll just say this- go study history, and then come back saying that Israrl took over some magical, prosperous Palestinian country and not a barely populated wasteland ruled by the British. Come live here while there are rockets flying over your head, look at its surgical airstrikes and compare them to Western airstrikes, and then say that Israel is committing war crimes.
With that said, the settlement are wrong and unnecessary
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2016, 04:04:11 PM »

"Christian Western White countries" can literally go to hell if they think they have any right to sit in judgement over Israel for the next thousand years.

They are certainly more intelligent than many folks over here & definitely have a shred of common sense & humanity left in them - The least they do is treat human beings as such.

The next big ISIS type rising & global war will be due to this Palestine thing - There will be a point when there will be breaking point when Israel could be attacked by multiple nations similar to Arab-Israel war due to Palestine area (whatever small part of PLO is left) being taken over completely by settlements. The Arab nations are much stronger militarily than what they once were.

The only solution on the long term to have a safe Israel is to give the Palestine people something, atleast some part of their original nation to call homeland.

Israel is doing the same thing what was done to Jews in Europe & that is incredibly sad. They have violated every single god damn rule.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2016, 04:05:33 PM »

They are certainly more intelligent than many folks over here & definitely have a shred of common sense & humanity left in them - The least they do is treat human beings as such.

The next big ISIS type rising & global war will be due to this Palestine thing - There will be a point when there will be breaking point when Israel could be attacked by multiple nations similar to Arab-Israel war due to Palestine area (whatever small part of PLO is left) being taken over completely by settlements. The Arab nations are much stronger militarily than what they once were.

The only solution on the long term to have a safe Israel is to give the Palestine people something, atleast some part of their original nation to call homeland.

Israel is doing the same thing what was done to Jews in Europe & that is incredibly sad. They have violated every single god damn rule.

You're either far more ignorant than the people you claim to be condemning, or an unapologetic anti-semite.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2016, 04:12:48 PM »

To be honest, I'm pretty tired of these kinds of discussions. I'll just say this- go study history, and then come back saying that Israrl took over some magical, prosperous Palestinian country and not a barely populated wasteland ruled by the British. Come live here while there are rockets flying over your head, look at its surgical airstrikes and compare them to Western airstrikes, and then say that Israel is committing war crimes.
With that said, the settlement are wrong and unnecessary

I am a much bigger student of history & more intelligent than most here. And i have lived in conflict zones, stayed in areas with rocket flying (for a small while though) & I understand how unsafe it is. There is no justification for any child being killed in Israel or rockets flying. Israel has every right to kill terrorists & that's not even debatable.

Having said that there are millions of Palestine people with no home. Any indiscriminate killing of civilians or bombing in hospitals should be condemned which is a war crime as per UN. The settlements are a violation of every international rule (as you said they are wrong).

And this issue will never get solved & will only blow up with more settlements. Also as I said in another post, how ironical it is that the jews, who were killed en mass & hounded from Europe (not just Holocaust but you could go on with many other instances where they were driven away for centuries) are not denying whatever little of Original Palestine is left to the Palestine people - Ending chances of a solution to this issue & making a whole nation permanent refugees.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2016, 04:19:34 PM »

You're either far more ignorant than the people you claim to be condemning, or an unapologetic anti-semite.

That is cure. Any rational criticism based on common sense & humanitarian grounds is labelled as anti-semite. Wow. I am not a radical extremist like you & I am a fairly intelligent guy unlike you. I have many Jewish friends who I love & get along with. I supported Bernie Sanders more than any other political person in my life (& probably ever will in my lifetime). I loved Jon Stewart for years . I liked Grayson fighting despite some apprehension about his language n stuff.

Large part of the Hollywood people whose work I love from Woody Allen to Sean Penn to Downey Jr. are Jews. From Einstein to Sigmund Freud, they are all jews.

I dont' want to debate this - You can't change the minds of radical extremists.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies