MA-08: Brianna Wu running against Lynch in 2018 Democratic primary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:45:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-08: Brianna Wu running against Lynch in 2018 Democratic primary
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: MA-08: Brianna Wu running against Lynch in 2018 Democratic primary  (Read 15340 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2017, 09:54:34 AM »

Ok, where do I go to donate money to Lynch? If there's anything I dislike more than the alt-right, it's social justice warriors.

For me - they are mirror images of each other. So - i equally dislike BOTH...
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2017, 10:55:16 AM »

Ok, where do I go to donate money to Lynch? If there's anything I dislike more than the alt-right, it's social justice warriors.

People who care about racial issues are JUST AS BAD as neo-Nazis!!!!!1
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2017, 11:00:21 AM »

Holy sh**t why is this woman triggering all of you guys so damn much. 
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2017, 11:00:50 AM »
« Edited: January 07, 2017, 11:03:11 AM by smoltchanov »

No. People who are unable able to listen , always think they are (and - only they) - right, and impose their point of view on other by ANY means (including slander) are as bad as neo-Nazis. I am color-blind, so i am absolutely for ALL possible rights for minorities, and as absolutely - against ANY privileges for them
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2017, 11:43:28 AM »

No. People who are unable able to listen , always think they are (and - only they) - right, and impose their point of view on other by ANY means (including slander) are as bad as neo-Nazis. I am color-blind, so i am absolutely for ALL possible rights for minorities, and as absolutely - against ANY privileges for them
Most SJW don't do that, but please keep trying to stereotype people.  That always goes so very well.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2017, 11:56:11 AM »

Most SJW don't do that, but please keep trying to stereotype people.  That always goes so very well.

I don't try to strreotype, but express my personal experience. BTW - there is very old proverb about where "good intentions" usually lead....
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2017, 12:19:33 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2017, 12:21:06 PM by Winds for the spices and stars for the gold »

ayy lmao

Lynch is an FF and only has a reputation as a "moderate" because he has a few token culturally conservative attitudes (that don't even really show up in his voting record any more)--he voted against Obamacare from the left, for God's sake--so of course I'm enthusiastically supporting him.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2017, 01:14:31 PM »

Sociologically it's a pretty mixed district with a lot of different elements the sum total of which doesn't really add up to anything; as is the norm with absurdly drawn MA districts. It mostly exists so that the principle Boston district (once the 8th now the 7th) can be as multiethnic as possible. Anyway the last time Lynch had a primary challenger (2010) he won 2:1 and when he ran in the Senate primary a few years later racked up big margins in most of the district.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2017, 02:54:49 PM »

This primary feels like a non-event in the end. Wu will make an enormous amount of noise and then lose roughly 73-27 or something.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2017, 10:51:17 PM »

I don't try to strreotype, but express my personal experience. BTW - there is very old proverb about where "good intentions" usually lead....

The loud idiots on the internet who are cherrypicked by anti"SJW's" to damage the set of beliefs are not most people who believe "SJW stuff".
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2017, 12:55:29 AM »

The loud idiots on the internet who are cherrypicked by anti"SJW's" to damage the set of beliefs are not most people who believe "SJW stuff".

Well, may be i met too many "loud idiots" you mentioned, who influenced my position on this subject....
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2017, 09:11:47 PM »

I doubt Wu will run a particularly serious campaign (then again, I suppose I doubted that about Trump at the beginning), but I'd definitely vote for her if I lived in the district. If this is going to be a safe Democratic seat anyway, might as well have someone who brings some unique experiences rather than a boring party hack.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2017, 10:18:58 PM »

This primary feels like a non-event in the end. Wu will make an enormous amount of noise and then lose roughly 73-27 or something.

IMO that's a really conservative estimate for Lynch's final number
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2017, 12:30:33 AM »

I don't really like Lynch, but I'll happily root for him in his primary.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2017, 02:53:34 AM »

I don't really like Lynch, but I'll happily root for him in his primary.

My general rule - "be wary of activists!". In almost all districts, but the most liberal and conservative)))))
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2017, 03:16:12 AM »

Internet.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2017, 03:19:51 AM »

Because she's an idiot.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2017, 09:08:49 AM »

Funny, I get far more triggered by Lynch's district than her. In fact I'd say he represents one of the worst places in the country that voted for Hillary by far.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2017, 09:41:58 AM »
« Edited: January 10, 2017, 10:01:50 AM by bore »

Funny, I get far more triggered by Lynch's district than her. In fact I'd say he represents one of the worst places in the country that voted for Hillary by far.

I have absolutely no idea what your reasoning is here. None whatsoever.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2017, 10:16:56 AM »

Wu is objectionable for many reasons: a lot of her rhetoric is very similar to your typical Republican playbook: "public school reform" pushing for charter institutions (plus a really dodgy perspective on the idea of education that I really don't like: seeing education as an "investment" made in children that needs to be recouped rather than an essential human right); talking about the need for start-up companies and how entrepreneurs are leaving the state is often talk to justify corporate tax cuts and deregulation, all bad for working class people) which suggests to me that she'd not be a good voice in the house for the area.  I'd argue that her social positions aren't the reason to criticise her - certainly it really wasn't her fault that she ended up getting dragged into the mire that she ended up in in terms of continual abuse from the awful bit of the internet, which is something that should never happen to anyone: although she's certainly lacking in diplomacy, even for people who broadly agree with her on most things.

Lynch is better by far, although not perfect.  But who is, really!.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2017, 11:53:13 AM »

No. People who are unable able to listen , always think they are (and - only they) - right, and impose their point of view on other by ANY means (including slander) are as bad as neo-Nazis. I am color-blind, so i am absolutely for ALL possible rights for minorities, and as absolutely - against ANY privileges for them.
Ignorant racist alert.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2017, 11:55:24 AM »

Wu is objectionable for many reasons: a lot of her rhetoric is very similar to your typical Republican playbook: "public school reform" pushing for charter institutions (plus a really dodgy perspective on the idea of education that I really don't like: seeing education as an "investment" made in children that needs to be recouped rather than an essential human right); talking about the need for start-up companies and how entrepreneurs are leaving the state is often talk to justify corporate tax cuts and deregulation, all bad for working class people) which suggests to me that she'd not be a good voice in the house for the area.  I'd argue that her social positions aren't the reason to criticise her - certainly it really wasn't her fault that she ended up getting dragged into the mire that she ended up in in terms of continual abuse from the awful bit of the internet, which is something that should never happen to anyone: although she's certainly lacking in diplomacy, even for people who broadly agree with her on most things.

Lynch is better by far, although not perfect.  But who is, really!.

Where are you getting this info about her positions?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2017, 11:56:10 AM »

So ice age are you saying Lynch is more East Ukrainian and Wu more West Ukrainian?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2017, 12:11:51 PM »

It's also important to note that while Lynch has never faced a primary challenge in this district, he crushed several opponents in the previous district which, while not a perfect match, contained a lot of the same areas.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2017, 12:20:31 PM »
« Edited: January 10, 2017, 12:27:17 PM by smoltchanov »

No. People who are unable able to listen , always think they are (and - only they) - right, and impose their point of view on other by ANY means (including slander) are as bad as neo-Nazis. I am color-blind, so i am absolutely for ALL possible rights for minorities, and as absolutely - against ANY privileges for them.
Ignorant racist alert.

I am not racist. And almost surely - more knowledgeable then you are. But i don't give a damn (and never will) about "political correctness". Live himself with it, and let ME live without it. As i always like to say in such cases "whites have rights too". You began to forget about that. That's why you lost this time, not because of Putin (whon i don't like either) or some other reasons. Normal white men and women doomed you, "politically correct elitists",  this time...... And some Blacks, Hispanics, Asians and other joined them (after all, Trump, with all his baggage, got even slightly better percentages among minorities, then Romney)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies