Michigan mayor allegedly advocates killing the disabled
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:56:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Michigan mayor allegedly advocates killing the disabled
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Michigan mayor allegedly advocates killing the disabled  (Read 5682 times)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 17, 2016, 06:35:34 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/michigan-mayor-allegedly-heard-attacking-mentally-challenged-article-1.2913365

[quote]
Warren Mayor James Fouts allegedly said on tape sent to FOX 2, "They are dysfunctional human beings. They are not even human beings."

Not stopping there, the voice that has yet to be confirmed as belonging to Fouts apparently advocates killing the mentally challenged, stating, "Why would anybody want to have that as part of their life? I'm for Dr. Kevorkian, ya know?"
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 06:46:48 PM »

These statements are horrific as they deny even the basic humanity of a person on the basis of their mental capacities. Do they not feel? Do they not know pain? Or love? This is a slap in the face to every person with a disability and to all their friends and family.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 06:52:56 PM »

I fully expect eugenics to make a major comeback in the American political debate over the next few years.

I'm actually concerned that that's a real possibility at this point and it's incredibly worrisome.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 06:56:50 PM »

My mentally disabled brother is the best thing that ever happened to us. He's the only person I think I'm truly capable of loving unconditionally. Why would I not want him in my life? What an asshole.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 07:07:08 PM »

Trying to do my research on this guy; Wikipedia has him listed as an independent, and indicates that he ran as a Republican early in his career and that he voiced at least some support for Sanders earlier this year. He's also been very anti-tobacco. Hmm.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 07:09:29 PM »

If true, I cant express how disgusting and infuriating that is.  There should be very, very serious consequences for it.

But the mayor angrily denies he ever said it, and we don't really know if he did.  So, if the opponent fabricated this or even just released it without actually knowing if it was authentic, those same consequences should come to him.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 07:16:17 PM »

The mentally disabled should not be killed. They are humans. At the same time, they are absolutely a burden to society and anyone who says they are a blessing is clearly just trying to make themselves feel better about the horrible situation they are in. To minimize their burden to society, the government should run care homes where these people can be taken care of. If people want to take care of their own mentally retarded relatives by themselves, they should of course be allowed but if there are quality care homes, very few will choose that option. Also, as soon as a mental disability is diagnosed, a fetus should be aborted. This should not be mandated by law, just encouraged by society. People whose families have a history of mental retardation should also be discouraged from having children, again, not by the law, just by society. Eugenics is fine as long as it's not racial.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 07:26:14 PM »

The mentally disabled should not be killed. They are humans. At the same time, they are absolutely a burden to society and anyone who says they are a blessing is clearly just trying to make themselves feel better about the horrible situation they are in. To minimize their burden to society, the government should run care homes where these people can be taken care of. If people want to take care of their own mentally retarded relatives by themselves, they should of course be allowed but if there are quality care homes, very few will choose that option. Also, as soon as a mental disability is diagnosed, a fetus should be aborted. This should not be mandated by law, just encouraged by society. People whose families have a history of mental retardation should also be discouraged from having children, again, not by the law, just by society. Eugenics is fine as long as it's not racial.

This is the worst and most horrifying thing I have read all month. I don't understand how you could possibly expect people to come around to this way of thinking.
anthonyjg
anty1691

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -7.48

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 07:26:40 PM »

This is the worst and most horrifying thing I have read all month. I don't understand how you could possibly expect people to come around to this way of thinking.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2016, 07:28:22 PM »

It's unfortunate that you are allowed to post that, but if someone were to call you a sociopathic piece of subhuman trash for posting it they would get moderated and the post deleted for being a personal attack. Not that I'm calling you that, as that would of course be a personal attack.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2016, 07:29:24 PM »

Which part do you take issue with?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2016, 07:42:56 PM »

Before we judge, I think we should wait until the voice is confirmed to belong to him.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2016, 07:57:09 PM »

Fouts is a mini-Coleman Young. The city council is packed with his minions who rushed a repeal of the city term limits law to the ballot so he could stay mayor for life. He's an egomaniacal narcissist who orders all city employees to buy $50 tickets to his annual State of the City address. He even set up a fund with PAC money to be spent against his political opponents after he's dead.

He's been banging his secretary since his first day in office, and he's abused his power as mayor to further his own political fortunes. Now that he's been caught, he called the tape a politically-motivated plot by Macomb County Executive Mark Hackel, saying that it was a hired voice actor to try and force him out of office. If only someone could do such a coup to our old senile fool of a county exec here in Oakland, that would be much obliged.

If this is Jim Fouts' Waterloo, then I'm going to have a couple friends in Warren organizing some not-so-subtle parties once he leaves office.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2016, 08:00:07 PM »

Drink bleach.

If we're going to rid the world of people who are a burden to society, let's start with you.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2016, 08:05:37 PM »

I'm a terrible person, I know this.

What exactly did you people find objectionable about what I said though?

I'm at a loss for how anyone could find it unreasonable.

Did you misread it? I said those that are a burden to society SHOULDN'T be killed.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2016, 08:10:31 PM »

Did you misread it? I said those that are a burden to society SHOULDN'T be killed.

And just how are we defining "burden" here, hmm?  Because I think people who spread abhorrent, inhuman ideas like the ones you advocate for are far more of a burden to society than mentally disabled people.

But, you said they shouldn't be killed, so that's good enough I guess.  Have a cookie.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2016, 08:13:03 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2016, 08:22:47 PM by Ideological Leader of Atlas Forum »

I really think you're going to hell for this post. I nor my family are not merely trying to "make the best of a bad situation", and I think you have no idea what it is like to see someone you love suffer. What else are we supposed to do anyway? I can only look for the positives (of which they are many), and I think it's safe to say that despite my youngest brother being severely disabled, my middle brother being a heroin addict, and my parents having their own issues with addiction, I'm still a happier, healthier, and most importantly, better person than you. And while you continue existing day to day as a sad, lifeless husk of a "human" until you ultimately die alone, miserable, and hated by all around you, I'll be watching my brother overcoming obstacles you can't even begin to comprehend with a smile on his face. And I'm happy about that. I'm happy that this "burden" brother of mine will have more of an impact on the world even if he did nothing but throw feces at the wall than you could ever imagine yourself having, you worthless Nazi shitstain.

Plus, my brother lives in a group home where he is supported by programs like Medicaid. They exist already.
anthonyjg
anty1691

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2016, 08:15:02 PM »

I disagree with you that the mentally challenged are a burden to society. I believe, that a truly good society is one based in love and empathy. Therefore those who are mentally challenged pose no threat or burden. So, I see no reason to have society encourage abortion of a mentally challenged child, in fact it runs counter to what I believe a good society should be.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2016, 08:21:40 PM »

I disagree with you that the mentally challenged are a burden to society. I believe, that a truly good society is one based in love and empathy. Therefore those who are mentally challenged pose no threat or burden. So, I see no reason to have society encourage abortion of a mentally challenged child, in fact it runs counter to what I believe a good society should be.

I believe in a society based on love and empathy as well. That's why I believe the mentally retarded should be given top notch care. It is ridiculous though to deny that people incapable of living independently are a burden. They are the very definition of a burden. Being loving and caring means taking care of them despite that fact.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2016, 08:25:36 PM »

Plus, my brother lives in a group home where he is supported by programs like Medicaid. They exist already.

I'm glad they exist. I think they should be expanded even more.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2016, 08:27:58 PM »

I'm glad they exist. I think they should be expanded even more.

No, you're not glad they exist. You'd rather my brother be aborted so the benefits that he's receiving would go to whatever cretin you think is apparently more "deserving."
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2016, 08:28:40 PM »

The mentally disabled should not be killed. They are humans.

Good post, that's pretty obvious.

Uhhh. . . please quit while you are ahead.

they are absolutely a burden to society and anyone who says they are a blessing is clearly just trying to make themselves feel better about the horrible situation they are in.

No, no, no, no, and fk you. 

To minimize their burden to society, the government should run care homes where these people can be taken care of. If people want to take care of their own mentally retarded relatives by themselves, they should of course be allowed but if there are quality care homes, very few will choose that option.

Okay now stop right here while you're not quite ahead but still somewhat not completely wrong.

Also, as soon as a mental disability is diagnosed, a fetus should be aborted. This should not be mandated by law, just encouraged by society.

0___0

People whose families have a history of mental retardation should also be discouraged from having children, again, not by the law, just by society.

This is ed up.

Eugenics is fine as long as it's not racial.

And this is rock bottom.  you.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2016, 08:30:01 PM »

Haha. I said "at the same time" you got me. That proves I'm a Nazi.
anthonyjg
anty1691

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2016, 08:31:02 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2016, 08:33:28 PM by anthony1691 »

I believe in a society based on love and empathy as well. That's why I believe the mentally retarded should be given top notch care. It is ridiculous though to deny that people incapable of living independently are a burden. They are the very definition of a burden. Being loving and caring means taking care of them despite that fact.
You're absolutely right, caring for them despite their disability does encourage empathy and love. Has my sister, who has Autism, presented challenges to my family? Hell yes. That said, she has done more to further my sense of empathy and love than anyone else on this planet. So, since she encourages me to be empathetic, I wouldn't consider her a burden at all. She has played a very important role in my life and while I'm still not perfect, if she was aborted I would be a worse person than I am today.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2016, 09:06:09 PM »

Also, as soon as a mental disability is diagnosed, a fetus should be aborted.

Essentially, the argument being made here by our esteemed posters "Famous Mortimer" and "WhiteMaleAndProud" is that Abraham Lincoln, a man who experienced clinical depression, and his wife Mary Lincoln, who experienced some form of schizophrenia, should have been aborted to make more room for the greats minds of Benito Mussolini and every other a**hole on this planet. And if either of them try to argue that that's not what would have happened, let me remind you that a eugenics program would likely expand to include everyone with even a slight illness. If you get that much power over who gets to be born and who doesn't, there's no telling what the limit will be.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies