You As The President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 05:35:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  You As The President
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: You As The President  (Read 425 times)
History505
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 17, 2016, 10:51:11 AM »

You have just sworn in as the new President, what would you want to get done in your first 100 days?
nicholas.slaydon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 01:50:10 PM »

Total restructuring of US Foreign Policy, passing a fiscally responsible budget, passing new enforceable economic regulation, passing new tax code.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 02:55:04 PM »

in the "You as the Governor of NH" thread, one of my first actions is defo to heavily purge the voter rolls of folks from zip codes that are likely D to see if I can get NH to turn R.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 04:45:12 PM »

in the "You as the Governor of NH" thread, one of my first actions is defo to heavily purge the voter rolls of folks from zip codes that are likely D to see if I can get NH to turn R.

In my TL (which I promise I will finish soon), TNVol became the Governor of New Hampshire and apologized to the NH women.
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 05:07:22 PM »

Immediately pull out of NATO, and pull all troops from foreign countries except where we are protecting are oil interests. Use the military to guard the border rather than a "wall". Nationalize industry, ban fracking and most modern automation to supply blue collar jobs.
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 06:56:07 AM »

I'd focus on electoral and reform issues, such as banning gerrymandering with a constitutional amendment, taking Big Money out of politics, and making it much easier for people to vote, with national same-day registration and a requirement that polling places not be taken away from neighborhoods.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 12:46:38 PM »

Immediately pull out of NATO, and pull all troops from foreign countries except where we are protecting are oil interests. Use the military to guard the border rather than a "wall". Nationalize industry, ban fracking and most modern automation to supply blue collar jobs.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 01:50:13 PM »

I would push for Supreme Court reform. I would suggest Congress pass a Judiciary Act similar to what FDR proposed in 1937, but with some improvements in what he proposed.
I would propose the size of the Court be temporarily expanded to 15 members, but I would promise that all of the new people I appoint to the new seats would be an equal number of Democrats and Republicans, just like Taft appointed an equal number of both during his one term as President. I would promise that all of the people whom I would appoint would be selected for their commitment to objectivity; modern people like Oliver Wendell Holmes, Benjamin Cardozo, and Hugo Black. I would not be selecting them with a "litmus test" on hot-button issues like affirmative action, abortion, gay rights, etc., but I would test their understanding of the scope of the Due Process Clauses of the 5 and 14th Amendments and the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th.
The expansion in the size of the Supreme Court would be temporary, because as the Court gradually shrinks back to 9 members again, through attrition, those vacancies would not be filled.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2016, 04:31:33 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2016, 07:03:03 PM by SunriseAroundTheWorld »

Foreign Policy would dominate my first 100 Days. (I'll also expand on my desired results for these plans as far as 2 years)

Israeli-Palestinian Conflict:
- Enact a two year moratorium on peace talks. The western world has not been able to force anything productive on the topic of peace since the 1990's. Its time to withdraw a bit and allow some breathing room. U.S. aid to Israel and the Palestinian Authority will continue uninterrupted.
- Essentially, the U.S. would only get involved in peace talks again if both the Israelis and Palestinians want to engage in them and want our influence over them. U.S. position in this situation would be to pressure Palestinians for concessions on security, refugees and Jerusalem. Israel will be pressured to make moderate concessions on settlements (excluding Jerusalem and Gush Etzion).
- Move U.S. embassy to Jerusalem and reinstate the legitimacy of the Bush-Sharon Letter, which claims that in a final peace agreement, Israel will keep most of Gush Etzion areas. Plan to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's undivided capital after the 2 year moratorium on peace talks ends. Plan to shift U.S. Settlement policy to a more Pro-Israel position after 2 year moratorium on peace talks ends.
- If 2 years go by and nothing is accomplished, the U.S. may then try to engage in peace talks, with heavy focus on getting Palestinian concessions on security, refugees and Jerusalem.
- Regardless, Palestinians must be the ones to compromise. Israel has made concessions in the past, some which have been adopted, others which have been rejected by Palestinian leadership. The PA must denounce terrorism, must end its refugee policy and must not attempt to separate Jerusalem. Israel will have to make it known that settlements outside of Jerusalem and Gush Etzion are fair game for negotiations. No settlement freezes will be agreed to until Palestinians meet the burden of concessions as required of them.
- Gaza will not be a topic of discussion for the administration. If Hamas attacks Israel, Israel has every right to respond. Civilian casualties that occur because of Hamas' usage of human shields will be counted as war crimes against the Hamas government in Gaza.
Other Foreign Policy:
- I would, despite lobbying pressure, remove restrictions and bans on providing direct aid to Azerbaijan (aka revoke Section 907 of the Freedom Support Act).
- Continue policy of objecting to illegitimate Chinese claims to the South China Sea. Start moving away from One China policy in small increments.
- Form an Asian/Middle East security pact that would include Israel, Jordan, Egypt, Azerbaijan, India, South Korea, Japan. U.S., U.K., and EU would sit on this organization board as non-voting observers. This organization will, essentially, serve as a vehicle to promote American (and European) foreign policy goals. They will oppose Iran's maniacal plans for world domination and they will also oppose other threats to stability in Asia and the Middle East. Saudi Arabia could be a member state of this pact but it would first have to recognize Israel and open up diplomatic relations. The Saudis would also have to officially and completely cut ties to all radical groups it was previously associated with. This separation process would not need to be all at once and could be phased out over a 5 year timetable. Taiwan is another one that I'd like to see in this pact but not immediately so. There needs to be a consensus among democratic nations to move away from the One China policy before this could be materialized successfully. Until then, Taiwan gets a not-voting observer status.
- If Turkey continues its erratic and dangerous behavior, the U.S. representatives at NATO will bring up a resolution for suspension. If Turkey joins the Shanghai bloc, U.S. will bring up resolution for suspension as well.
Syria Civil War Plan: Restoring Peace and Order and alleviating the suffering of civilians.
- Re-start talks with Russia on the Syria War. It is crucial that a joint agreement to end the bloodshed is adopted. Here are some parameters I would support drawing up in a joint plan
* Russia would immediately cease shelling civilian areas and agree to the removal of Assad from power. In return, Russia would be allowed to maintain forces in Pro-Government stronghold cities and be allowed to select Assad's successor.
* UN Peacekeepers and observers would be placed in Damascus once the country is stabilized. They will remain in Damascus for a period of 5 years.
* U.S. troops will be placed in Aleppo to secure the rights of the civilian populations. U.S. troops will be charged with overseeing the operational aspect of the rebuilding process. Humanitarian aid will be provided via an international coalition of democracies (U.S., EU, Israel, Canada etc...). Russia could contribute, if wants.
* Assad and other Syrian government leaders implicated in the massacres will be charged w/ war crimes; Russian military personnel will be completely exempt from any prosecution and will be absolved of any responsibility. In return for absolving Russia's role in the conflict, Moscow will demand the removal of Hezbollah forces from Syria. If Iran wants to tests Russia's patience, that's fine, but the international community will be biased against them.
- U.S. and Russian forces will work in unison to oppose rebel and ISIS forces. U.S. will immediately end all funding of rebel organizations, especially those with radical ties.
- U.S. would create a Syrian Peace and Security Coordinator position (similar to Israel-PA Security coordinator) and Tulsi Gabbard would be appointed to this position. Prior to the negotiations with Russia on how to jointly deal w/ the conflict, Tulsi Gabbard would serve as U.S. Ambassador to Russia.
- If Russia opposes this plan or a similar plan, American forces will be stationed in Aleppo and attempt to separate that region from Assad-controlled Syria. U.S. forces will focus on fighting and defeating ISIS and also safeguarding the rights of civilians. At this point, any attack by Russia on civilian areas in Aleppo would be seen as an attack on the United States.
Kurdistan:
- Support recognizing a Kurdish state in Iraq. Would support providing massive military and financial aid to them, assuming a democratically elected leader is in charge. Possibly give them a larger aid package then Israel.
- U.S. Military-Pershmerga joint military relationship would be ideal and would be promoted. U.S.-IDF-Pershmerga defense treaties and relationship would be also be an interesting policy to explore.
- If Kurdistan, as an independent country, becomes a reality, they would be a possible candidate for the Middle East/Asia security pact.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 04:55:00 PM »

added some stuff about kurds.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 05:57:41 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2016, 05:59:28 PM by 🦀🎂 »

Delaware will be ejected and then readmitted into the union, so they can no longer brag about being first like an inane Youtube commenter.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2016, 05:59:00 PM »

Delaware will be ejected and then readmitted into the union, so they can no longer brag about being fast like an inane Youtube commenter.

endorsed.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies