Tulsi Gabbard will win the Democratic nomination in 2020.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 03:17:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tulsi Gabbard will win the Democratic nomination in 2020.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9
Author Topic: Tulsi Gabbard will win the Democratic nomination in 2020.  (Read 17830 times)
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2016, 04:22:02 PM »

Giving talking head interviews on Fox News is a pretty solid dis-qualifier IMO.

Fox News is the most popular 24 hour news network, whether we like it or not.

And yet Democrats do a pretty good job of staying off it! Except Tulsi and wash-ups like Kucinich.

Obama did an interview with Bill O'Reilly. Does that make him a wash-up?

There's a difference between a sit-down interview and being a talking head. Tulsi went on Fox to be the token Democrat and lend credence to hawkish foreign policy. People calling her the new Bernie are massively misguided.

What hawkish talking points?  She's been against nation-building and neocon foreign policy IIRC.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2016, 04:24:17 PM »

Giving talking head interviews on Fox News is a pretty solid dis-qualifier IMO.

Fox News is the most popular 24 hour news network, whether we like it or not.

And yet Democrats do a pretty good job of staying off it! Except Tulsi and wash-ups like Kucinich.

Obama did an interview with Bill O'Reilly. Does that make him a wash-up?

There's a difference between a sit-down interview and being a talking head. Tulsi went on Fox to be the token Democrat and lend credence to hawkish foreign policy. People calling her the new Bernie are massively misguided.

Tulsi is the opposite of a hawk. Her foreign policy is more in line with Ron Paul.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #152 on: December 19, 2016, 04:25:59 PM »

Yet she supports Putin's actions in Syria...
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2016, 04:38:28 PM »

War is only bad if America does it!
SCNCmod

« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2016, 05:23:06 PM »

I don't see Tulsi even having a chance at the nomination.  Just on sheer optics- she's a snooze fest... I would not be good at all for motivating voters to turnout etc.  Unless you have a wealth of experience... the you need charisma & a bit of the X Factor... neither of which she has.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2016, 05:58:45 PM »

I don't see Tulsi even having a chance at the nomination.  Just on sheer optics- she's a snooze fest... I would not be good at all for motivating voters to turnout etc.  Unless you have a wealth of experience... the you need charisma & a bit of the X Factor... neither of which she has.

She has most of the Sanders wing locked up if Warren decides not to run, and has the potential to be extremely formidable.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2016, 06:08:53 PM »

Guys, Shadows is a Trump supporter who trolls by posting various pro-Sanders and related posts. Why are you even responding to him?

He's not a Trump supporter.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2016, 06:20:43 PM »

Thank Pravda (Russia Today) for helping spread this BS notion to the kooky left/right.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2016, 06:50:34 PM »

Thank Pravda (Russia Today) for helping spread this BS notion to the kooky left/right.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2016, 06:52:09 PM »

And she'll lose badly.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2016, 06:55:52 PM »

Just like Trump right?
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #161 on: December 19, 2016, 09:13:14 PM »

If she does that's good but it will probably be an establishment shill, Bernie Sanders, or the halfway in-between, Warren.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2016, 09:41:23 PM »

She has most of the Sanders wing locked up if Warren decides not to run, and has the potential to be extremely formidable.

How does she have the Sanders wing "locked up"?
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2016, 09:59:13 PM »

I think my main post sums up why pretty well.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2016, 01:13:34 AM »

I don't know how many people actually fit that description.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2016, 02:10:13 AM »

I don't know how many people actually fit that description.

I was a very active Sanders volunteer in Florida, and pretty much every person I worked with had good things to say about Tulsi whenever her name came up.

I was also a very active user on /r/sandersforpresident and they all treated her like a progressive goddess.

All anecdotal, I know, but I haven't seen anything that convinces me otherwise.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #166 on: December 20, 2016, 02:24:23 AM »
« Edited: December 20, 2016, 02:28:14 AM by BuckeyeNut »

What policy positions does Tulsi have which would make Democrats unable to support her?

Incredible war hawk.

Supports universal healthcare, is anti-TPP, wants to toughen up on Wall Street and so on.

In other words, she's the antithesis of everything the Booker crowd wants.

Sure, there are areas to disagree with her on, but at least make it genuine. She's not an over-the-top war hawk. Heck, Obama's got what, 7 wars going on now? Plus, she's said herself she wants to put an end to wars of regime change, something Hillary has voted for in the past.

At least make your disagreements with her genuine instead of lining up fake attacks.
I'm not sure what you're implying, but being a war hawk is a very legitimate disagreement.

In a Booker v. Gabbard primary, I would sit out.

EDIT: Examples of Tulsi's hawkishness. (And her weird admiration of Putin.)

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #167 on: December 20, 2016, 02:45:43 AM »

What policy positions does Tulsi have which would make Democrats unable to support her?

Incredible war hawk.

Supports universal healthcare, is anti-TPP, wants to toughen up on Wall Street and so on.

In other words, she's the antithesis of everything the Booker crowd wants.

Sure, there are areas to disagree with her on, but at least make it genuine. She's not an over-the-top war hawk. Heck, Obama's got what, 7 wars going on now? Plus, she's said herself she wants to put an end to wars of regime change, something Hillary has voted for in the past.

At least make your disagreements with her genuine instead of lining up fake attacks.
I'm not sure what you're implying, but being a war hawk is a very legitimate disagreement.

In a Booker v. Gabbard primary, I would sit out.

EDIT: Examples of Tulsi's hawkishness. (And her weird admiration of Putin.)

Well, bombing Al Qaeda and ISIS is certainly a better policy than the current US policy of arming every random jihadist in the area.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #168 on: December 20, 2016, 04:08:07 AM »

Warren would certainly run if Sanders doesn't. And Warren is not the only progressive. Jeff Merkley may run or maybe De Blasio will (& he will have a li'l better Black support) or someone else.

She wouldn't have most of the progressive wing locked up because say a Merkley or Warren would be to the left of her on many issues. She is not Sanders & doesn't have that progressive cred. She is just 35 odd, I think she is atleast 10 years away IMO - The last thing I want is a young guy like Obama who talks big but is clearly not ready for the job.

I think Gabbard would be a good Secretary of State or Defense candidate. I mean I think she is better than Booker a Gillibrand but I don't look at her as the 2nd coming of Bernie. I appreciate her guts to come for Bernie putting her whole career on the line when Bernie was sinking essentially.

I also fully support more Dems going to Fox (the GOP propaganda machine) to give their viewpoint - Fox has the highest viewership & a very old audience (even older than CNN NBC) & if they are treated respectfully, they should reach out.

I also fully support Gabbard's view on the Middle East. If Putin is bombing ISIS I would be very happy. That is if Putin is bombing ISIS because Putin takes a lot of liberty with bombing locations. Certainly better than throwing Assad out or this disastrous policy of giving arms to rebel groups many of whom are directly affiliated to ISIS.

The smear on Gabbard is distasteful. I am not excited for Tulsi 2020 at all, but people should have an open mind, see her for 4 years & see what she does in the debates if she runs.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #169 on: December 20, 2016, 04:10:47 AM »

Guys, Shadows is a Trump supporter who trolls by posting various pro-Sanders and related posts. Why are you even responding to him?

Right, I am huge Trump fan you goof. MAKE AMERICAN GREAT AGAIN...yada yada...DRAIN THE SWAMP

Mr. Ignoramus, Haven't you seen me flooding this place with pro-Trump articles, praising Trump to the moon, highlighting his amazing achievements, gushing about the future with Trump.

I am sure I am the biggest Trump supporter in here!
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #170 on: December 20, 2016, 05:51:59 AM »

Tulsi seems to follow the alt right perspective that the current War On Terror is entirely due to theological disagreement. Any nuance or attempts to explain differences through economic reasoning is an attack on OMG COMMON SENSE!!!!

JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #171 on: December 20, 2016, 06:50:34 AM »

Tulsi seems to follow the alt right perspective that the current War On Terror is entirely due to theological disagreement. Any nuance or attempts to explain differences through economic reasoning is an attack on OMG COMMON SENSE!!!!

Exactly. So what does that tell us about so many of these progressives who praise her for this or are at least willing to overlook it? The neo-fascists and many on the left have beliefs that overlap, even if it'd appear otherwise.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #172 on: December 20, 2016, 07:16:44 AM »

Honestly, do you have any idea how much fun any campaign would have unloading opposition research on her?

She's popular with the Sanders activist base who harpe on about 'MUH DNC FIX'; but that doesn't equal the 10 or so million people who voting Sanders liking her awful record is plastered coast to coast. The fact that so many democrats on this thread who supported Sanders have actively said they'll not vote for her in the GE sums it up
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #173 on: December 20, 2016, 11:16:01 AM »

Democrats will ravage Trump for being close to Putin for the next four years. How can they do that and then nominate someone close to Putin?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #174 on: December 20, 2016, 11:57:40 AM »

Democrats will ravage Trump for being close to Putin for the next four years. How can they do that and then nominate someone close to Putin?

Remember how Obama was, for years, attacked as weak on Putin? John McCain? Mitt Romney?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies