Could Warren crash, like Christie did after 2012?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:10:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Could Warren crash, like Christie did after 2012?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Could Warren crash, like Christie did after 2012?  (Read 2087 times)
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2019, 09:54:52 AM »

Did people really want Christie to run in 2012? It's been a while so I can't remember, but he was pretty light on experience at that point.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2019, 10:16:45 AM »

No, she's more likely to crash like Howard Dean.
NeederNodder
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -7.28

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2019, 10:37:57 AM »

She's more likely to crash like Scott Walker in my opinion.
History505
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2019, 11:30:19 AM »

Did people really want Christie to run in 2012? It's been a while so I can't remember, but he was pretty light on experience at that point.
Yes lol.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2019, 11:36:42 AM »

I saw her referred to as the RFK of the Democratic party, in that she's the only one who at this point could bring together the two wings of the party; I'd wager there's a high proportion of bernie backers who'd support her over someone like Ellison/or some other 'true progressive' and an equally high proportion of Clinton backers who'd support her over Booker/Newsom/generic D

The parallel with Christie doesn't really fit; his aborted 2012 run was very much about finding an anti-Romney (of which they approached dozens; Bush/Ryan/Barbour/Daniels) and Christie backed out because he knew he had a better shot at 2016.  

Look, I'll vote for her over one of the sh**tty more establishment candidates, but she did nothing for Bernie when he ran, while in 2014 she said he hoped Hillary would run, and "Hillary is terrific". I'd only vote for her because most of the other options suck even worse.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2014/04/27/elizabeth-warren-i-hope-hillary-clinton-runs-for-president/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b1f5145e7e77

God forbid.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2019, 12:35:45 PM »

It's similar in that much like how Bridgegate prevented Christie from obtaining any serious support, Warren's whole DNA debacle pushed her deep into the second tier of candidates and she'll likely need a major implosion from one of the frontrunners to have a shot
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2019, 12:48:50 PM »

That would require her to actually be in the lead, as of right now I don't think she has anywhere to go but up by putting her story out there. And I personally think she has a very powerful message to bring to the race.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2019, 12:53:54 PM »

That would require her to actually be in the lead, as of right now I don't think she has anywhere to go but up by putting her story out there. And I personally think she has a very powerful message to bring to the race.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2019, 01:33:18 PM »

Could she?  Yes.  Should she?  Yes.  Will she?  Probably not.  The Democrats are notorious for losing elections so it wouldn't surprise me if Elizabeth Warren ended up doing very well.

This all said, though I dislike her as a candidate, she'd be a decent choice to head up some agency if another Democrat ends up winning the general.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2019, 05:56:45 PM »

Dean was leading in the polls in Jan 2003?
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2019, 06:02:59 PM »

Dean was leading in the polls in Jan 2003?

http://www.pollingreport.com/wh04dem2.htm
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2019, 06:12:32 PM »

Could she?  Yes.  Should she?  Yes.  Will she?  Probably not.  The Democrats are notorious for losing elections so it wouldn't surprise me if Elizabeth Warren ended up doing very well.

This all said, though I dislike her as a candidate, she'd be a decent choice to head up some agency if another Democrat ends up winning the general.

Agree except think she’s best as a senator writing legislation to keep Wall Street from screwing the American Public.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2019, 08:13:05 PM »

Agree except think she’s best as a senator writing legislation to keep Wall Street from screwing the American Public.
Fair point.  I suppose her actual legislative behavior is largely overshadowed by her public image.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2019, 08:18:11 PM »

I saw her referred to as the RFK of the Democratic party, in that she's the only one who at this point could bring together the two wings of the party; I'd wager there's a high proportion of bernie backers who'd support her over someone like Ellison/or some other 'true progressive' and an equally high proportion of Clinton backers who'd support her over Booker/Newsom/generic D

The parallel with Christie doesn't really fit; his aborted 2012 run was very much about finding an anti-Romney (of which they approached dozens; Bush/Ryan/Barbour/Daniels) and Christie backed out because he knew he had a better shot at 2016.  

Look, I'll vote for her over one of the sh**tty more establishment candidates, but she did nothing for Bernie when he ran, while in 2014 she said he hoped Hillary would run, and "Hillary is terrific". I'd only vote for her because most of the other options suck even worse.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2014/04/27/elizabeth-warren-i-hope-hillary-clinton-runs-for-president/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b1f5145e7e77

God forbid.

Remember: jfern doesn't care at all about ideology, and his entire views of politics and politicians has to do with how the issues/people relate to Bernie Sanders.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2019, 08:24:00 PM »

I mean, shes only at around 5% right now. Crashing isnt the word I would use, more "fade away".

Nah, it's pretty much a crash. 2018 really hurt her.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2019, 09:06:29 PM »

I mean, she'll still be a Senator for several years.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2019, 09:10:17 PM »

Read the OP's date, people.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78