Scumbag Santorum tells Dreamer to leave country
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:07:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Scumbag Santorum tells Dreamer to leave country
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Scumbag Santorum tells Dreamer to leave country  (Read 1979 times)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 07, 2016, 02:20:37 PM »

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/straight-up-scumbag-internet-eviscerates-rick-santorum-for-telling-dreamer-to-leave-his-country/

[quote]
“I stand to lose all the work that I’ve done if the administration decides to end DACA,” Vilchis said, referring to the immigration policy Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals which permits undocumented immigrants who entered into the country as minors to receive deferred action against deportation.

Santorum responded with his “own personal story” of his father coming to the country when he was 7 years old.

“My final point is that you have the ability to go to any other country right now and apply those wares, and be successful, and reapply to come back to America,” Santorum added.

CNN contributor Ana Navarro came to Vilchis’s defense, slamming Santorum for his callous statement. “First of all, this is your country,” Navarro responded. “No matter what he says, no matter what anybody else says, this is your country.” “That’s not what the law says,” Sanatorum shot back.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 02:23:05 PM »

He's absolutely right for once.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 02:23:38 PM »

this is why trump has lost the PV.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 02:25:06 PM »

He lost the popular vote because Frothy said something that half the country agrees with six weeks after the fact?
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 02:25:46 PM »

I'm not sure if it's just lack of empathy that you people have, or straight up sadism.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 02:37:33 PM »

We have a problem in this country. It's called ideological terrorists in the media. We know Ana Navarro is one. You know she's not even a conservative. We have the dishonest media growing, and they want to destroy our country. That's my question - when can we get rid of them?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 02:40:48 PM »

He lost the popular vote because Frothy said something that half the country agrees with six weeks after the fact?

just a sign of the GOP's "out of touch"-attitude and a big reason they can't win cities anymore, but i guess they can't help themselves.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 02:48:26 PM »

We have a problem in this country. It's called ideological terrorists in the media. We know Ana Navarro is one. You know she's not even a conservative. We have the dishonest media growing, and they want to destroy our country. That's my question - when can we get rid of them?

Nice to see you're being open about your Fascism.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 02:54:32 PM »

I'm not sure if it's just lack of empathy that you people have, or straight up sadism.

Straight up Sadism, obviously. What other reason is there to oppose DACA?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 03:06:30 PM »

just a sign of the GOP's "out of touch"-attitude and a big reason they can't win cities anymore, but i guess they can't help themselves.
We haven't won the large cities in over a hundred years.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 03:18:39 PM »

santorum should leave the country tbqh
Jeffster
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 03:18:42 PM »

Oh please. I can't keep track of how many red avatars I've seen when talking about jobs lost to outsourcing and illegal immigration going "boo hoo, dey took er jerbs!" You guys are some of the biggest hypocrites these days. You claim to care about working people, yet you support policies that allow the exploitation of labor in the third world under horrible conditions, and you want to undermine the labor in our own country all so you can import future voters.

Illegals are not taking jobs American won't do, they are taking jobs Americans wont do for low wages. If your retort to that is "then prices will have to go up to compensate for higher wages" then we can make that same argument against raising the minimum wage. But I bet all you hypocrites are in favor of that. And your whole position boils down to requiring a permanent underclass of labor all so you can enjoy cheap goods. I put people like that in the same category as those who argued for maintaining slavery all because of the cheap goods it provided. Absolutely disgusting.

That's why I no longer consider myself a Democrat after I realized what they are really becoming. I've hated the Republicans for most of my life because they were the party of the globalist top 1% who used religion in order to dupe voters to support them. Well the Democrats are becoming the party of the globalist top 1% who use social justice to pander to their various minority group base. They don't care about the working class anymore. It's all about importing enough illegals so their children can become citizens and they can use identity politics to pander to them for votes. All while they keep sending jobs overseas on behalf of global capital.

I'm not a Republican either, so don't even bother going there as an argument with any stupid whataboutisms.
Jeffster
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 03:28:48 PM »

Undocumented immigrants are part of the American working class, you dolt. Using disparaging terms like "illegals" to describe the most vulnerable part of the working class proves that you're anti-worker.

No they aren't you moron. They are scabs. They increase the supply of labor and drive down wages in the process. They can go back to their own countries and fight for good wages there.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 03:39:49 PM »

Undocumented immigrants are part of the American working class, you dolt. Using disparaging terms like "illegals" to describe the most vulnerable part of the working class proves that you're anti-worker.

No they aren't you moron. They are scabs. They increase the supply of labor and drive down wages in the process. They can go back to their own countries and fight for good wages there.
^^
Plus, their literal presence is by the standards of the law a crime. As long as they are literally standing on American soil, be it preaching the gospel from a pulpit or smoking weed and playing with themselves while eating Cheetos and watching "The Price Is Right" on a dusty couch, they're in the process of committing a crime. I don't care if they came here as infants. They are an accomplice to their parents crime and whatever consequences come of that is nothing more than collateral damage.

I don't get why they should be allowed to get off willy-nilly because "they had to come here" because "muh (insert reason why country of origin sucked here)" but if a black kid in Frenchtown down the street from me sells a dimebag of weed to one of my neighbors, he gets arrested and faces a heavy fine. I don't get why people are being punished for feeding the homeless in our inner cities yet illegal immigrants are allowed to pick and choose what laws to follow, and then on top of it all, get to play the victim crime.

The American people are sick of it, and they are reacting against them.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 03:42:29 PM »

Look, this is silly. We need high wages for everyone. Period. We need good-paying, jobs that provide a sense of dignity, for everyone. No one should be thrown out of a job that they've worked on for many years and forced to do retraining for any reason. That's always been the position of the Democratic party, and that must remain our position.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 03:47:06 PM »

^^
Plus, their literal presence is by the standards of the law a crime. As long as they are literally standing on American soil, be it preaching the gospel from a pulpit or smoking weed and playing with themselves while eating Cheetos and watching "The Price Is Right" on a dusty couch, they're in the process of committing a crime. I don't care if they came here as infants. They are an accomplice to their parents crime and whatever consequences come of that is nothing more than collateral damage.

I don't get why they should be allowed to get off willy-nilly because "they had to come here" because "muh (insert reason why country of origin sucked here)" but if a black kid in Frenchtown down the street from me sells a dimebag of weed to one of my neighbors, he gets arrested and faces a heavy fine. I don't get why people are being punished for feeding the homeless in our inner cities yet illegal immigrants are allowed to pick and choose what laws to follow, and then on top of it all, get to play the victim crime.

The American people are sick of it, and they are reacting against them.

All polling shows that a vast majority of Americans support Dreamers and their ability to become citizens.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2016, 03:52:59 PM »

Oh please. I can't keep track of how many red avatars I've seen when talking about jobs lost to outsourcing and illegal immigration going "boo hoo, dey took er jerbs!" You guys are some of the biggest hypocrites these days. You claim to care about working people, yet you support policies that allow the exploitation of labor in the third world under horrible conditions, and you want to undermine the labor in our own country all so you can import future voters.

Illegals are not taking jobs American won't do, they are taking jobs Americans wont do for low wages. If your retort to that is "then prices will have to go up to compensate for higher wages" then we can make that same argument against raising the minimum wage. But I bet all you hypocrites are in favor of that. And your whole position boils down to requiring a permanent underclass of labor all so you can enjoy cheap goods. I put people like that in the same category as those who argued for maintaining slavery all because of the cheap goods it provided. Absolutely disgusting.

That's why I no longer consider myself a Democrat after I realized what they are really becoming. I've hated the Republicans for most of my life because they were the party of the globalist top 1% who used religion in order to dupe voters to support them. Well the Democrats are becoming the party of the globalist top 1% who use social justice to pander to their various minority group base. They don't care about the working class anymore. It's all about importing enough illegals so their children can become citizens and they can use identity politics to pander to them for votes. All while they keep sending jobs overseas on behalf of global capital.

I'm not a Republican either, so don't even bother going there as an argument with any stupid whataboutisms.

Whenever anyone uses the term "social justice" I assume they are an alt-right fascist. Haven't been wrong yet.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2016, 03:58:38 PM »

Whenever anyone uses the term "social justice" I assume they are an alt-right fascist. Haven't been wrong yet.

Especially when it's in the same sentence as "globalist"

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2016, 04:01:50 PM »

Jeffster is not a fascist. Heck, with the exception of Trump, it seems he is a Democrat.

And while I don't like the term 'globalist', I've heard it used by an Obama-loving, Bernie supporting friend.

The social justice movement is one whose goals I agree with, but in practice it has become a disaster. They think anyone who disagrees with them has committed some moral sin, with various names such as racism, sexism, etc. that once had more power than they do now. It really is like a left-wing version of the religious right.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2016, 04:04:25 PM »

Jeffster is not a fascist. Heck, with the exception of Trump, it seems he is a Democrat.

And while I don't like the term 'globalist', I've heard it used by an Obama-loving, Bernie supporting friend.

The social justice movement is one whose goals I agree with, but in practice it has become a disaster. They think anyone who disagrees with them has committed some moral sin, with various names such as racism, sexism, etc. that once had more power than they do now. It really is like a left-wing version of the religious right.

You didn't want Obama to be the Democratic nominee because it would offend white people to have "a black" as the face of the party. You have no credibility on this issue.
Jeffster
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 04:13:35 PM »

"Everyone I don't like is literally Hitler!"

Democrats have given up on class based arguments and caring about the working class. They decided that social justice is how they could dupe their base into voting for policies that ultimately help global capital. It's all about divide and conquer. I've supported LGBT rights for decades, I support equal rights for women, and I support equal rights for all ethnic groups in America legally. So take your "fascist" crap somewhere else.
Jeffster
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2016, 04:14:50 PM »

Especially when it's in the same sentence as "globalist"

Where were you during the WTO protests in Seattle back in 1999?
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2016, 04:17:19 PM »

"Everyone I don't like is literally Hitler!"

Democrats have given up on class based arguments and caring about the working class. They decided that social justice is how they could dupe their base into voting for policies that ultimately help global capital. It's all about divide and conquer. I've supported LGBT rights for decades, I support equal rights for women, and I support equal rights for all ethnic groups in America legally. So take your "fascist" crap somewhere else.

Again, "social justice" gives you away. If you want to pretend to be a liberal use different terminology.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2016, 04:17:49 PM »

Why is someone as crazy as Rick Santorum being interviewed by CNN?
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2016, 04:20:57 PM »

That's not how crimes work. That's not how accomplice liabilty works.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies