Cameron vs Miliband 2016?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:42:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  International What-ifs (Moderator: Dereich)
  Cameron vs Miliband 2016?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cameron vs Miliband 2016?  (Read 713 times)
vileplume
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 18, 2016, 08:31:06 PM »
« edited: November 18, 2016, 08:40:01 PM by vileplume »

I'm interested to see what you all from the USA think would have happened?

For reference if you don't know British politics:
-Britain is a lot less rural than America and the places that are very remote are hardly very good for the Tories.
-The Tories strongholds tend to be in wealthy somewhat snobby/elitist suburbs and I imagine they would at least win Manhattan's upper east side as the direct comparisons in London are solidly Conservative.
-The Tories do horribly in anywhere that there is mining heritage unless there has been substantial redevelopment of middle class housing (middle class in Britain meaning comfortably off)
-Labour is the party of the public sector classes. The Tories seem to hate the public sector with a passion and are constantly trying to slash their job/freeze their pay.
-Middle class minorities are relatively Tory friendly and I imagine people like Nene Leakes and Wendy Williams would probably vote Tory.
-Labour does tend to do much better amongst the rural/remote working classes than the Democrats do.
-Oh and social conservatism and religion are side-lined. The Tories would at least play lip service to Black Lives Matter (several of their up and coming stars are black/ethnic minority).

Let me know what you think Smiley.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 10:08:14 PM »

I'm interested to see what you all from the USA think would have happened?

For reference if you don't know British politics:
-Britain is a lot less rural than America and the places that are very remote are hardly very good for the Tories.
-The Tories strongholds tend to be in wealthy somewhat snobby/elitist suburbs and I imagine they would at least win Manhattan's upper east side as the direct comparisons in London are solidly Conservative.
-The Tories do horribly in anywhere that there is mining heritage unless there has been substantial redevelopment of middle class housing (middle class in Britain meaning comfortably off)
-Labour is the party of the public sector classes. The Tories seem to hate the public sector with a passion and are constantly trying to slash their job/freeze their pay.
-Middle class minorities are relatively Tory friendly and I imagine people like Nene Leakes and Wendy Williams would probably vote Tory.
-Labour does tend to do much better amongst the rural/remote working classes than the Democrats do.
-Oh and social conservatism and religion are side-lined. The Tories would at least play lip service to Black Lives Matter (several of their up and coming stars are black/ethnic minority).

Let me know what you think Smiley.

The tories, god no, the left-wing of labour, maybe.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies