2018 Senate Rankings
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 07:57:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2018 Senate Rankings
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 36
Author Topic: 2018 Senate Rankings  (Read 92896 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2017, 06:33:59 PM »

>70%: solid
>50%: likely
>30%: leaning

Counting Bernie Sanders and Angus King as Democrats and not Independents by the way.

Arizona moves from Leaning Dem to Likely Dem based on Flake retiring.  Alabama moves from Solid Rep to Likely Rep based on Roy Moore saying "Obergefell vs. Hodges was even worse than Dred Scott vs. Stanford".  No other rating changes.

After the Fox news poll that was released today, I'm growing more confident that this will be the map. Switch the colors of West Virginia and Missouri. 
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2017, 06:58:32 PM »

Safe Democratic: CA, WA, MN, VT, ME, MD, DE, CT, MA, RI, HI
Likely Democratic: NM, MI, PA, NJ
Lean Democratic: WI, FL, WV
Tilt Democratic: OH, AZ, NV, MT, ND
Tossup: MO, IN
Likely Republican:AL, TN, TX, UT
Safe Republican: NE, MS
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2017, 09:11:50 PM »

A couple of updates since last time:

Arizona: Safe D: I still think unless Gosar, Salmon or Franks runs, Ward will win the primary...and even then she's a coin toss to win. As for Simena, unless she does something stupid and loses the primary, she should win that, and the General Election, though the margin may vary depending on opponent.

California: Safe D, Tilt De Leon: I think De Leon rides the progressive wave to a lead after the primary, and with Democrats claiming both spots in both the Governor's race and this race (I don't see Feinstein getting shut out without another Democrat, like Steyer entering), I think Republicans stay home after the top-two primary.

Wisconisn: Likely D: Tammy Baldwin looks like she's going to dodge a huge bullet. Still if Scott Walker changes course and jumps in, this could get ugly.

Florida: Tilt R: Yes, I'm assuming Rick Scott jumps in, but the Governor is doing well and has the resources to flip the seat. Nelson could lose even if Democrats hold North Dakota, Indiana and Missouri.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2017, 08:28:25 AM »

Safe Democratic: CA, WA, MN, VT, ME, MD, DE, CT, MA, RI, HI, NM
Likely Democratic: NJ (I suspect Menendez will bow out after Murphy's victory and allow Murphy to appoint his replacement, who will then run for a full term and win)
Lean Democratic: MI, PA, WI, FL, WV
Tilt Democratic: NV, MT, ND
Tossup: IN, AZ, OH
Tilt Republican: MO
Likely Republican: TN, TX
Safe Republican: NE, MS, UT, AL
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2017, 12:13:14 AM »

In light of today's revelations, Alabama moves to tossup.

Safe Democratic Caucuser: This state will not, in any universe, vote Republican for the Senate under any circumstances.
CA, NY, MA, RI, CT, ME, VT, MD, NM, WA, HI

Solidly Democratic: It's almost impossible to imagine this state voting Republican for the Senate, but it could conceivably happen in the most perfect of perfect storms.
VA, MN, WV, NJ, DE

Likely Democratic: Odds are that this state will send a Democrat to the Senate, but circumstances make it plausible for the Republican to win instead.
MI, WI, OH, ND

Leans Democratic: The Democrat is undoubtably favored, but the race is very much competitive. Don't be surprised if the Republican wins.
NV, MT, PA, AZ

Tilts Democratic: The Democrat is favored over the Republican, but just barely. Expect this one to be close.
FL

Tossup: I have absolutely no idea which way this state will go.
IN, AL-Special

Tilts Republican: The Republican is favored over the Democrat, but just barely. Expect this one to be close.
MO

Leans Republican: The Republican is undoubtably favored, but the race is very much competitive. Don't be surprised if the Democrat wins.
Nothing here

Likely Republican: Odds are that this state will send a Republican to the Senate, but circumstances make it plausible for the Democrat to win instead.
TX

Solidly Republican: It's almost impossible to imagine this state voting Democratic for the Senate, but it could conceivably happen in the most perfect of perfect storms.
TN, MS

Safe Republican: This state will not, in any universe, vote Democratic for the Senate under any circumstances.
UT, NE, WY
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2017, 12:39:00 AM »

BTW, I need a better word for the ranking between Likely and Safe. Solid seems too close to Safe. Maybe Very Likely? Or Confident?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #131 on: November 10, 2017, 09:48:36 AM »

BTW, I need a better word for the ranking between Likely and Safe. Solid seems too close to Safe. Maybe Very Likely? Or Confident?

Confident is good.  
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2017, 02:59:26 PM »

Safe Democratic: CA, WA, VT, MD, DE, CT, MA, RI, HI
Very Likely Democratic:  ME, NM, NJ, MN, MI
Likely Democratic: PA, WI, FL, OH
Lean Democratic: WV, MT, ND, IN, MO, NV, AZ
Tossup: None
Lean Republican: None
Likely Republican: TX
Very Likely Republican: TN
Safe Republican: NE, MS, WY, UT

At this point, I'm assuming that all incumbents save possibly Hatch and Menendez are running. Democratic retirements in swing or red states could still have a large effect on several race ratings.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2017, 04:04:29 PM »

Confident is good.  

Then I'll use it! Thanks! (I'm also moving WV to Likely Democratic)

Safe Democratic Caucuser: This state will not, in any universe, vote Republican for the Senate under any circumstances.
CA, NY, MA, RI, CT, ME, VT, MD, NM, WA, HI

Confidently Democratic: It's almost impossible to imagine this state voting Republican for the Senate, but it could conceivably happen in the most perfect of perfect storms.
VA, MN, NJ, DE

Likely Democratic: Odds are that this state will send a Democrat to the Senate, but circumstances make it plausible for the Republican to win instead.
MI, WI, OH, ND, WV

Leans Democratic: The Democrat is undoubtably favored, but the race is very much competitive. Don't be surprised if the Republican wins.
NV, MT, PA, AZ

Tilts Democratic: The Democrat is favored over the Republican, but just barely. Expect this one to be close.
FL

IN, AL-Special

Tilts Republican: The Republican is favored over the Democrat, but just barely. Expect this one to be close.
MO

Leans Republican: The Republican is undoubtably favored, but the race is very much competitive. Don't be surprised if the Democrat wins.
Nothing here

Likely Republican: Odds are that this state will send a Republican to the Senate, but circumstances make it plausible for the Democrat to win instead.
TX

Confidently Republican: It's almost impossible to imagine this state voting Democratic for the Senate, but it could conceivably happen in the most perfect of perfect storms.
TN, MS

Safe Republican: This state will not, in any universe, vote Democratic for the Senate under any circumstances.
UT, NE, WY
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2017, 04:06:37 PM »

In light of today's revelations, Alabama moves to tossup.

Alabama is at least Likely R. Republicans will vote for a pedophile like Roy Moore over Jesus, if Jesus was running on the Democratic line.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #135 on: November 10, 2017, 07:18:51 PM »

Special Election
Alabama:Safe R

90% Safe
60% Likley
30% Lean
Yellow Tossup
Green Independent
Grey No Election

New Rankings

At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #136 on: November 10, 2017, 08:25:05 PM »

Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #137 on: November 12, 2017, 12:51:11 PM »
« Edited: November 12, 2017, 03:21:58 PM by Dwarven Dragon »

Alabama moves from Likely R to Lean R based on the recent crop of polling:

Safe D (11): VT, MD, DE, CT, RI, MA, NY, WA, HI, CA, MN
Likely D (5): MI, NM, NJ, ME, VA
Lean D (6): MT, WI, PA, FL, NV (D+1), AZ (D+2)
Toss-Up (2): ND, WV
Lean R (3): IN (D+1), OH (even), AL
Likely R (1): MO (R+1)
Safe R (6): MS, TN, NE, TX, WY, UT
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: November 12, 2017, 03:25:09 PM »

I was going to leave AL as tossup in light of this poll because I expected a shift to Moore, but this was a 12 point shift with Trump's approval staying the same. Moving Alabama to Tilt D for the time being. Also, I'm moving Connecticut from Safe D to Confidently D, which is where it should have been all along.

CA, NY, MA, RI, ME, VT, MD, NM, WA, HI

Confidently Democratic: It's almost impossible to imagine this state voting Republican for the Senate, but it could conceivably happen in the most perfect of perfect storms.
VA, MN, NJ, DE, CT

MI, WI, OH, ND, WV

NV, MT, PA, AZ

FL, AL-Special

IN

MO

Nothing here

TX

Confidently Republican: It's almost impossible to imagine this state voting Democratic for the Senate, but it could conceivably happen in the most perfect of perfect storms.
TN, MS

UT, NE, WY

And here's a visual aid!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #139 on: November 12, 2017, 04:21:45 PM »

Moving Arizona back to Likely D, as while I don't think McSally would win a primary, I can't rule it out.

Also, Alabama being anything less than Likely R is ridiculous. Unless undecided voters unanimously (or almost so) break for Jones, Moore is still going to win.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2017, 06:51:27 PM »

In a stunning development for the GOP, the Alabama Special is now a Toss-Up Contest:

Toss-Up (3): ND, WV, AL
Lean R (2): IN (D+1), OH (even)
Likely R (1): MO (R+1)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2017, 09:03:59 PM »

Titanium D: Flawless Beautiful Claire Purple heart!!! (D-MO)
Safe D: CA, CT, DE, HI, ME, MD, MA, MN, NJ, NM, NY, RI, VT, VA, WA
Likely D: MI, PA, WI
Lean D: NV (D Gain), OH, FL
Toss-Up: AZ, MT, ND, WV
Lean R: IN (R Gain)
Likely R: None
Safe R: AL (sane), MS, NE, TN, TX, UT, WY
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2017, 03:52:19 PM »

The Jones +12 poll, Hannity turning on Moore, and the multiple allegations leads me to move AL-Sen from Tilts D to Leans D.

Also I am changing the top two rankings from "Safe" and "Confidently" to "Safe" and "Very Likely." Because I am indecisive like that.

CA, NY, MA, RI, ME, VT, MD, NM, WA, HI

Very Likely Democratic: It's almost impossible to imagine this state voting Republican for the Senate, but it could conceivably happen in the most perfect of perfect storms.
VA, MN, NJ, DE, CT

MI, WI, OH, ND, WV

NV, MT, PA, AZ, AL-Special

FL

IN

MO

Nothing here

TX

Very Likely Republican: It's almost impossible to imagine this state voting Democratic for the Senate, but it could conceivably happen in the most perfect of perfect storms.
TN, MS

UT, NE, WY

And here's a visual aid!

[/quote]
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2017, 03:14:48 PM »

As I've said elsewhere, AL goes back to Lean R. If this AR Special actually happens, I'd start the race off at Likely R.  Rs would have hefty edge because it's AR, but could be opportunity for Beebe/Lincoln/Pryor to return to politics.

Toss-Up (2): ND, WV
Lean R (3): IN (D+1), OH (even), AL
Likely R (2): MO (R+1), AR*

* Not yet officially scheduled
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2017, 03:59:56 PM »

>30%: Lean
>50%: Likely
>90%: Safe
Green: Toss Up

GOP starts with 3 pickups, WV is safe R and IN/MO are lean R. Dems only start with 1 pickup, NV as lean D. AZ is the only other plausible Dem pickup, so their best case scenario is a net gain of 1 seat. Republicans are almost certainly going to net seats, the only question is how many.

Still the same, but I'm moving IN to toss up. Donnelly seems to be holding up better than I thought he would for now, but I still expect him to lose in the end.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2017, 08:06:07 PM »

If this is supposed to be some sort of parody of Atlas, I haven't really seen people declaring Heller strongly favored, declaring Barrasso to be in danger, or declaring Sheldon Whitehouse to be vulnerable.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2017, 08:21:49 PM »

If this is supposed to be some sort of parody of Atlas, I haven't really seen people declaring Heller strongly favored, declaring Barrasso to be in danger, or declaring Sheldon Whitehouse to be vulnerable.

I'm willing to overlook all of that as long as DC gets Senators. Tongue
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2017, 08:23:49 PM »

>30%: Lean
>50%: Likely
>90%: Safe
Green: Toss Up

GOP starts with 3 pickups, WV is safe R and IN/MO are lean R. Dems only start with 1 pickup, NV as lean D. AZ is the only other plausible Dem pickup, so their best case scenario is a net gain of 1 seat. Republicans are almost certainly going to net seats, the only question is how many.

Still the same, but I'm moving IN to toss up. Donnelly seems to be holding up better than I thought he would for now, but I still expect him to lose in the end.

You Republican hack, why isn't Missouri likely D and AL leans D?

Wow, I didn't know Sean Hannity had an Atlas account. Alabama is obviously solid D!
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2017, 08:27:59 PM »

I think what he's referring to are the people who think Heller has a real chance because "muh incumbency!" "muh he won even as Obama carried Nevada" and so on and so on.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2017, 08:37:12 PM »

I haven't really seen people declaring Heller strongly favored, declaring Barrasso to be in danger, or declaring Sheldon Whitehouse to be vulnerable.

NV: Popular moderate Heller is a very strong candidate™, has the advantage of incumbency and name recognition™, shouldn't be underestimated™, and Jacky Rosen is a weak candidate™. It would literally take a MASSIVE wave to unseat Heller, though I guess Shelley Berkley (very underrated™ candidate) would make it Lean R.

WY: Barrasso is slightly favored, but if he loses the primary (likely), the seat is 100% gone. Even with Barrasso as the nominee, I wouldn't underestimate™ the Democrats. Retail politics™ play a big role here (not in ND, though - that state is just too Republican for Heitkamp to win, trend R 2016, titan Tom Campbell, etc.). Democrats will get a boost from Jon Tester's™ mega coattails as well.

RI: Uh, RI trended strongly R in 2016, and Whitehouse is an uninspiring™ candidate! Fung coattails™! Raimondo unpopularity™!

I laughed way too hard at this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 36  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies