Trump's cabinet: All white males?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:03:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump's cabinet: All white males?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Trump's cabinet: All white males?  (Read 3797 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2016, 07:54:26 PM »

A female and/or minority is going to be a token in Trump's administration. I just hope if there's a female it will NOT be Sarah Palin. The only thing she's qualified for is shooting off her mouth and looking stoopid while doing it.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2016, 08:06:14 PM »

A female and/or minority is going to be a token in Trump's administration. I just hope if there's a female it will NOT be Sarah Palin. The only thing she's qualified for is shooting off her mouth and looking stoopid while doing it.

I'd bet on there being two females, with neither of them being Palin: 1) Victoria Lipnic for Secretary of Labor, and 2) whoever he picks for Secretary of Education.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2016, 08:08:06 PM »

And they happen to be (mostly) qualified white males for that matter. I guess we can take a chance and put Nikki Haley at State even though she knows little about foreign policy and will easily be blackmailed by Putin or the Chinese due to her penchant to cheat on her active duty military spouse, but eff it, lets have diversity for the sake of diversity.

Oh and Michelle Rhee is going to be a lock on Education. So yeah, it isn't actually going to be all white male.

Haley is a remarkably dumb pick for state regardless.

It's just Giuliani or Bolton are both horrible choices too.
The funny thing is, Michelle Rhee, Nikki Haley (barf), Victoria Lipnic, Naomi Earp, and Bobby Jindal are all pretty likely contenders for domestic policy positions in the cabinet. But don't let facts stand in the way of the narrative.

Let's see if he actually goes that route. Personally, I'd be surprised if even Louisiana Republicans would let Jindal through confirmation considering how unpopular he still is in that state.

What domestic policy position are Haley and Earp being considered for? I know she was thrown around for state, which is a joke.
I'm assuming Haley is the genesis of the State rumors. Trump probably called her to talk about HHS or Labor or Commerce (all of which she is also unqualified for) and she walked out claiming to be the next Secretary of State. She's just trying to embarrass him and she will not be rewarded for it. It's all political theater 'me thinks.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2016, 08:14:19 PM »

Just read this article about Nikki Haley...they're saying she might become the nation's first female President.

The article says she's "reportedly" in the running for Sec of State. It says appointing her would give Trump something to "brag" about: a minority AND a female.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/17/opinions/haley-secretary-of-state-bailey-opinion/index.html
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2016, 10:00:59 PM »

Besides white males, guaranteed there will be some African Americans, some Hispanics, and there will be women in cabinet.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2016, 12:59:01 AM »

Besides white males, guaranteed there will be some African Americans, some Hispanics, and there will be women in cabinet.
Yeah, who then?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2016, 01:02:12 AM »

I hope you're right, but I seriously doubt it.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2016, 01:23:16 AM »

@AnnCoulter
If Trump wants an Indian Sec of State, how about Tonto?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2016, 01:27:47 AM »

@AnnCoulter
If Trump wants an Indian Sec of State, how about Tonto?

Lmao
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2016, 05:16:33 AM »

Donald Trump truly makes America White Again

#MAWA
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2016, 07:02:35 AM »

Just read this article about Nikki Haley...they're saying she might become the nation's first female President.

The article says she's "reportedly" in the running for Sec of State. It says appointing her would give Trump something to "brag" about: a minority AND a female.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/17/opinions/haley-secretary-of-state-bailey-opinion/index.html

I would say a female President is only just around the corner.

2020 or 2024.

Regardless of which party, Hillary has shown it is very possible.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2016, 09:07:07 PM »

Yeah, who then?

I don't know who.  I am not on Trump's transition team.

But there is no way that Trump wants to take all that criticism for having an all white male cabinet.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2016, 09:13:14 PM »

Unlikely while Pence is calling any shots.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2016, 09:21:36 PM »

Yeah, who then?

Michelle Rhee is being talked about as Secretary of Education.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2016, 09:36:01 PM »

It will be mostly white men. Why? Trump prioritizes loyalty. They're mostly white men around him with some white women. Trump has the ability to be diverse like I have the ability to repress my snark.
MIKESOWELL
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2016, 01:40:47 PM »

Therre are truly some despicable people on this forum.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2016, 02:37:12 PM »

I am a huge fan and supporter of Nikki Haley, but she is not qualified for SecState. That's just reality. She'd be a great person to have in a high profile domestic cabinet position, but not for SecState or any other foreign policy position.

Michelle Rhee would be a solid SecEducation, FTR, but I prefer Eva Moskowitz.

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2016, 02:43:55 PM »

Michelle Rhee will not be Secretary of Education. Other than Charter schools, she and Trump have nothing whatsoever in common with regard to education policy. She's a common core cheerleader who doesn't believe in vouchers or local control of education. And Eva Muskowitz has already said she's not interested (she's probably going to run for NYC mayor instead).

The Secretary of Education will be one of three people. In descending order of likelihood, Bill Evers (Hoover Institute guy who wants to cut the department altogether) , Betsy DeVos (Children's advocate and former head of the Michigan Republican Party, as well as Erik Prince's sister, apparently)  and Larry Arnn (President of Hillsdale College).

I'm almost surprised they didn't float JEB BUSH for Secretary of Education. Certainly in any non-Trump Republican administration I think Jeb would've been a frontrunner for that role - considering his tenure as Florida Governor basically inspired every other Republican Governor to follow his lead on charter schools and such.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2016, 03:06:17 PM »

So many people here aren't seeing why diversity is important. There are plenty of more-than-qualified women and minorities, selecting just white males shows that you don't care about representing all the American people.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2016, 03:51:15 PM »

So many people here aren't seeing why diversity is important. There are plenty of more-than-qualified women and minorities, selecting just white males shows that you don't care about representing all the American people.

Trump was elected on the basis that diversity is a overrated concept. So..
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2016, 05:33:52 PM »

It will be mostly white men. Why? Trump prioritizes loyalty. They're mostly white men around him with some white women. Trump has the ability to be diverse like I have the ability to repress my snark.

Here's another thing to think about, some people on this forum ask why Trump should select a female or a minority if they aren't "as qualified as white dudes"? Well, if you have surrounded yourself with white people most all your life, you aren't as inclined to know what females and minorities out there have to offer. If Trump wants to drain the swamp and hire some new blood for his cabinet, who says he has to pick a female or minority from the political arena?

He wanted to hire Ben Carson, which actually is to his credit in this regard, but Carson declined.

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2016, 05:35:53 PM »

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2016, 06:11:36 PM »

Then those people ought to be selected on the basis of their qualifications. Selecting people on the basis of demographic features just to meet some quota is a distasteful notion that has nothing to do with equality.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2016, 07:39:50 PM »

Here's another thing to think about, some people on this forum ask why Trump should select a female or a minority if they aren't "as qualified as white dudes"? Well, if you have surrounded yourself with white people most all your life, you aren't as inclined to know what females and minorities out there have to offer. If Trump wants to drain the swamp and hire some new blood for his cabinet, who says he has to pick a female or minority from the political arena?

He wanted to hire Ben Carson, which actually is to his credit in this regard, but Carson declined.

Honestly, I don't think there's racial intent here. It's just he's always surrounded himself with largely white male executives and advisors and white people. This is who ends up in his Administration. Trump's connection with minorities are extremely lacking. Like, white crust Bush 41 level. W had interacted with Latinos as governor of Texas, Reagan was obviously in a diverse state as CA governor.

But Trump? Never had real minority outreach and neither does his team.

Compare to the last GOP presidency. Bush 43 made a concerted effort to recruit and diversify his Administration, including two black Secretary of States, a Latino Attorney General, and to replicate an Administration that looked like America. A lot of that stuff dates to Bush's governorship in Texas, where he was governor in a state that was very close to minority-majority and he was highly aware of the need to broaden and diversify the GOP coalition.

Now, compare to Trump's experience, which has been rooted and centered in lily white Manhattan, Queens, and New Jersey, and his social circles, which is heavily white.

This is the other reason why prior political/governing experience is needed to become president. You become aware of the country you're supposed to govern. You're aware of the people, the populations, everything. It's why most of our presidents have been governors and senators and military leaders.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2016, 07:44:37 PM »

This was why nominating the GOP ticket from New York/Indiana is a long term idiotic proposition. You nominated people from a) a social circle that is near 100% white b) the governor of Indiana is from a state with no real minorities and is heavily white.

I can hear you: "How will this affect the GOP?"

Well, Steve Bannon is chief political strategist for the White House ... and thinks that white nationalism will get the GOP 40% of the Latino vote in 2020.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies