What should I do?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:48:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  What should I do?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What should I do?  (Read 1561 times)
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 11, 2005, 03:58:45 PM »

Since so many people have announced that they are running for something, what should I do? All options (except running for president) are on the table.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 04:03:05 PM »

Since so many people have announced that they are running for something, what should I do? All options (except running for president) are on the table.
now that youve changed parties, maybe you could run for governor again.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 04:07:11 PM »

now that youve changed parties, maybe you could run for governor again.
But MAS is a Unionist as well, and I think a primary challenge would be hopeless. Although that doesn't mean a gubernatorial run is off the table. Smiley
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 04:09:28 PM »

Join me in the "Ran Once and Retired" Club
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 04:11:11 PM »

maybe you could run for governor again.
hmmm....good point. maybe i could. i'll consider it. Smiley
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 04:14:59 PM »

'

uhhh
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 04:16:03 PM »

WTF?

IP check Tongue
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 04:19:32 PM »

WTF?

IP check Tongue

no, noone stole my IP, i just decided to be dumb enough to answer my own question.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 04:22:23 PM »

Join me in the "Ran Once and Retired" Club
Nah. I'll pass.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2005, 04:30:39 PM »

Okay, I'm leaning towards running for governor now, but if MAS runs for re-election, I will either sit the race out, switch parties to run (Which is what I did last time. That's why I became a Loony.), or make a primary challenge, which is unlikely, because even as incompetent and incongruous as MAS is, it is unlikely that the party would not endorse the incumbent (or any party or any incumbent).
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2005, 04:39:14 PM »

I have no problems with MAS as governor.  What has he done wrong?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 04:42:13 PM »

Okay, I'm leaning towards running for governor now, but if MAS runs for re-election, I will either sit the race out, switch parties to run (Which is what I did last time. That's why I became a Loony.), or make a primary challenge, which is unlikely, because even as incompetent and incongruous as MAS is, it is unlikely that the party would not endorse the incumbent (or any party or any incumbent).

From the Union Party Chair:

If both you and MAS were to run for Governor of the Northeast out of the Union Party, I would request to the Northeast Chairman Colin Wixted that a primary be held 2 or 3 weeks before the election among Northeast Regional Committee members only.

There are 7 members of the committee as of right now; you and MAS are both members, so as of right now in this hypothetical y'all are both tied at 1-1 with 5 members remaining.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 04:59:41 PM »

If both you and MAS were to run for Governor of the Northeast out of the Union Party, I would request to the Northeast Chairman Colin Wixted that a primary be held 2 or 3 weeks before the election among Northeast Regional Committee members only.

There are 7 members of the committee as of right now; you and MAS are both members, so as of right now in this hypothetical y'all are both tied at 1-1 with 5 members remaining.
Okay. Thanks, Sam! Smiley
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2005, 05:03:03 PM »

I didn't say he did anything wrong. He just hasn't done anything right. That's why I said he's incompetent.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2005, 06:11:06 PM »

Get elected
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2005, 08:03:53 PM »

Okay. Thanks, Sam! Smiley

I would have no problem setting up some sort of primary if you wanted to run Casey. Seeing as we are the one and only party...I mean the governing party of the Northeast it would be nice to have alittle competition.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2005, 11:06:55 PM »

MAS has not decided whether or not he will be running for Governor or not. If he does not, than I will run. You are welcome to run as my Lt. Governor (If the amendment passes) or I can appoint you to the position. OR you can run against me and split the left wing vote Tongue
skybridge
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2005, 10:43:08 AM »

Change professions and run for a judicial office instead of an executive one.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2005, 07:34:41 PM »

MAS has not decided whether or not he will be running for Governor or not. If he does not, than I will run. You are welcome to run as my Lt. Governor (If the amendment passes) or I can appoint you to the position. OR you can run against me and split the left wing vote Tongue
I think I might take you up on that offer, seeing as King is running and a three way is too much.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2005, 07:38:57 PM »

I think I might take you up on that offer, seeing as King is running and a three way is too much.

That is good to hear. I need some support in Pennsylvania, Atlasia's heatland Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies