This British reporter explains why the Left failed this time and why Trump won
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:04:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  This British reporter explains why the Left failed this time and why Trump won
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is he right?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: This British reporter explains why the Left failed this time and why Trump won  (Read 409 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 12, 2016, 11:11:18 PM »

Opinions of this?

https://www.facebook.com/viralthread/videos/598130190359668/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 02:38:07 AM »

He makes many good points, though I don't completely agree with all of them. I definitely think that the left needs to do a better job of listening and trying to understanding those who think differently. I think that applies to the right as well, though.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 07:47:56 AM »

yes, of course.  It's not a pill that will go down easy.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 09:05:35 AM »

yes, of course.  It's not a pill that will go down easy.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 09:15:30 AM »

He makes many good points, though I don't completely agree with all of them. I definitely think that the left needs to do a better job of listening and trying to understanding those who think differently. I think that applies to the right as well, though.

I raised my eyebrow at his insistence that Bernie Sanders would have won. Of course I would have raised my eyebrow if you told me Donald Trump would be president in 2014 Tongue
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 10:27:47 AM »

I raised my eyebrow at his insistence that Bernie Sanders would have won. Of course I would have raised my eyebrow if you told me Donald Trump would be president in 2014 Tongue

Agreed, I think both Clinton and Sanders were flawed messengers, and that neither of them (or the other jokers running for the nomination) were the best Democratic candidate for 2016. Who was the best? I have no idea.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 10:38:20 AM »

Its a parody largely; from someone who use to work for RT. Please don't call him a british reporter Tongue
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 02:38:03 PM »

Agreed, I think both Clinton and Sanders were flawed messengers, and that neither of them (or the other jokers running for the nomination) were the best Democratic candidate for 2016. Who was the best? I have no idea.

I don't know, Biden maybe? The Democratic bench was pretty thin and Hillary's lead made sure any presidential ambitions were postponed to 2020/2024. It's hard to imagine who would have run if Hillary had keeled over from a heart attack shortly after Obama's reelection.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 02:46:30 PM »

That is another major issue he brought up-

Do we start to actually try to debate issues we thought were settled?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 02:52:27 PM »

Getting a little sick and tired of the MUH LIBERALS LOST1!!1!!1!!

We won over 600,000 more votes than Donald Trump... I agree there are things that must be addressed, but in the end, you can't really say that we "failed"...
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2016, 02:57:27 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2016, 03:00:50 PM by Cassius »

Jonathan Pie is a smug entertainer who claims that he's some kind of great leftist voice crying out in the wilderness when, in fact, he does little more than recycle the usual platitudes produced by the left (and to an extent liberals) whenever a right wing 'anti-establishment' (or indeed establishment) candidate wins another election. The main difference is that his shtick involves copious swearing and waving his arms around like a deranged lunatic.

Edit: More to the point, he is of course, as I said before, and entertainer first and a 'commentator' a long way down the list after that.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 03:05:20 PM »

I think he deserves a standing ovation. And yes, even this forum is a perfect example of smug liberals who talk down to those they disagree with.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2016, 03:06:31 PM »

Getting a little sick and tired of the MUH LIBERALS LOST1!!1!!1!!

We won over 600,000 more votes than Donald Trump... I agree there are things that must be addressed, but in the end, you can't really say that we "failed"...

The game is played via an electoral college system. If we had a popular vote system candidates would adjust their strategies accordingly.

Also, I wouldn't consider only managing to beat Donald freaking Trump by <1% with the best Libertarian result ever, much of a 'success'.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies