Kanye West 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:48:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kanye West 2020
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Kanye West 2020  (Read 7932 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2016, 02:08:16 PM »

Lol, I would love to see this. Trump would be guaranteed at least 40 states.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2016, 02:10:58 PM »

There would be no Democratic states, except maybe Hawaii. Vermont would probably go third party.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2016, 02:17:12 PM »

There would be no Democratic states, except maybe Hawaii. Vermont would probably go third party.

Come on. At least 10 states would vote for ANYONE with a D next to their name. No way he loses California, Washington or Maryland, for example.

If Republicans can win Maryland by 5 points in a midterm year, they can win it in a Presidential against Kanye ing West. The premise of this is that he wins the primaries with black identity politics. America will be voting like MS & AL if this happened.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2016, 02:20:10 PM »

President Trump needs to make a concerted effort to make this happen. All Republicans, please register Democrat now.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2016, 02:32:29 PM »

3. He'll likely win the NH primary. That state is somewhat tailored to him. IA would no doubt be a challenge.
How? I can't see how he has any special appeal to either the educated professionals in the Boston exurbs or the Working Class White Dems in the North Country.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2016, 02:34:27 PM »

Ugh I wish we could stop with this.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2016, 04:43:11 PM »

Come on. At least 10 states would vote for ANYONE with a D next to their name. No way he loses California, Washington or Maryland, for example.

If Republicans can win Maryland by 5 points in a midterm year, they can win it in a Presidential against Kanye ing West. The premise of this is that he wins the primaries with black identity politics. America will be voting like MS & AL if this happened.

If Democrats can win Wyoming by 40 points in a midterm year, they can win it in a Presidential year against Donald ing Trump. The premise of this is that he wins the primaries with white working class identity politics. America will be voting like MA & VT if this happened.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2016, 04:45:14 PM »

Anyway, I don't think West can win the primary or the general solely because of "black identity politics." He'd have to win other demographics as well.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2016, 05:12:36 PM »

When Kanye West opens his mouth, he makes exactly as little sense as Donald Trump, so I don't really understand why he wouldn't be the perfect presidential candidate. It's pretty clear now that a big chunk of the American people would only accept people who have an IQ below 70 as their president.
tonyreyes89
Rookie
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2016, 06:19:56 PM »

There's definitely a scenario where the Democratic Party, in full-on stupid panic mode, starts to de-emphasize minority rights as part of the platform.

If Kanye West is the only candidate sincerely talking about the issues facing black America in 2020, he is absolutely dangerous in the primary.

this, he'd be the Black Trump.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2016, 09:16:31 AM »

Personally I'm pretty interested in seeing what a protest at a Kanye rally would be like.
Trapsy

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2016, 09:34:58 AM »

Has anyone heard from Kanye about the election?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2016, 09:56:25 AM »

Everyone calm down:

1) If Trump has been unsuccessful, which I expect he will be, there will likely be a revulsion against celebrity candidates
2) Bernie or someone like him could easily portray Kanye as the puppet of the Establishment
3) How is he going to win IA and NH? I know the plan would be for him to win SC and run up the score with the Black Vote, but that would at best make him a spoiler, not the potential nominee. If Democratic primaries ran under Republican rules, there would be a much bigger threat he could do what Trump has done.

1.  Trump is a business executive, and an owner/CEO of a HUGE business empire.  He has executive experience Kanye West can't even dream about.  Trump was far, far more than a "celebrity".

2.  If Kanye West is treated as a serious Presidential candidate for even five (5) minutes, I will be convinced that the Dumbing Down of America may not be reversible.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2016, 10:01:23 AM »

Kanye isn't happening. It's Mark Ruffalo we might need to be worried about.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2016, 10:14:55 AM »

Trump inherited tens of millions from his dad and basically sat and collected rents while the huge neoliberal real estate bubble of NYC built up over 30 years. Besides not f'ing up, this requires no skill. His self-promotional efforts I'll give him credit for - he's done very well in that area.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2016, 10:16:12 AM »

I think some of you are vastly underestimating Kanye West and are seriously selling him short by claiming his support would all be due to "black nationalism" or whatever.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2016, 04:49:33 PM »

If division continues to get worse in this country, we're going to see another massive backlash, this time from yuppies. If they're not only motivated, but angry and frustrated late in Trump's first term, then I absolutely think Kanye West could run and be a very formidable force in the primaries. This year's election was very much a "f*** you" election, and if things keep going the way they do, I think 2020 will be as well. If that's the case, I would not be surprised at all to see not only the words "Democratic nominee Kanye West", but also "President-elect Kanye West". The backlash from the left, particularly those who are young and live in cities, is already brewing, and people should definitely take it seriously.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2016, 05:07:08 PM »

If division continues to get worse in this country, we're going to see another massive backlash, this time from yuppies. If they're not only motivated, but angry and frustrated late in Trump's first term, then I absolutely think Kanye West could run and be a very formidable force in the primaries. This year's election was very much a "f*** you" election, and if things keep going the way they do, I think 2020 will be as well. If that's the case, I would not be surprised at all to see not only the words "Democratic nominee Kanye West", but also "President-elect Kanye West". The backlash from the left, particularly those who are young and live in cities, is already brewing, and people should definitely take it seriously.

Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2016, 05:09:48 PM »

There will be never be a President-elect Kanye West. Whites vote 75%+ Republican if he's the nominee.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2016, 05:29:07 PM »

There will be never be a President-elect Kanye West. Whites vote 75%+ Republican if he's the nominee.

Assuming Donald Trump becomes a popular president. If he has such low approval ratings throughout then a President-elect Kanye West becomes possible.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2016, 05:33:57 PM »

Assuming Donald Trump becomes a popular president. If he has such low approval ratings throughout then a President-elect Kanye West becomes possible.

No it doesn't. Kanye is an illiterate psychotic moron.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2016, 06:00:26 PM »

Mock me all you want. I live in a city full of yuppies; I know what I'm talking about. Voting for Kanye West will be the ultimate middle finger urban millennials can give to people who ignore them. White voters will not vote 75% Republican if (not really an if, tbh) Trump is unpopular. If this election is any indication, people will vote against the status quo in large numbers if they're unhappy or angry. That will be the case in 2020.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2016, 06:15:23 PM »

No it doesn't. Kanye is an illiterate psychotic moron.

How is Kanye West "illiterate"? Huh

Also, an "illiterate" was elected anyway.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2016, 06:16:29 PM »

Donald Trump got elected President. It could happen.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2016, 09:55:49 PM »

I think Kanye West's rhetoric would make Trump's sound nice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies