Kanye West 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:15:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kanye West 2020
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Kanye West 2020  (Read 7961 times)
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 11, 2016, 12:09:11 AM »

You'd think we'd see a repeat of a crazy controversial anti establishment campaign from the left if he ran?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 12:13:11 AM »

There's definitely a scenario where the Democratic Party, in full-on stupid panic mode, starts to de-emphasize minority rights as part of the platform.

If Kanye West is the only candidate sincerely talking about the issues facing black America in 2020, he is absolutely dangerous in the primary.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 12:14:30 AM »

The funny part is that if he ran he'd no doubt be a front runner. Him actually making it to the nomination would be scary. 
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 12:17:21 AM »

There's definitely a scenario where the Democratic Party, in full-on stupid panic mode, starts to de-emphasize minority rights as part of the platform.

If Kanye West is the only candidate sincerely talking about the issues facing black America in 2020, he is absolutely dangerous in the primary.

I actually agree with him on some issues. He would be dangerous in the primary.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 12:19:37 AM »

Kanye's base would no doubt be millenial Blacks.

Hispanics might be another good base as well.

He'd have a hard time trying to appeal to the unmarried older White women which helped Hillary in the 2016 primary.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 12:20:15 AM »

If Harris and Booker pass on the race, leaving him as the sole black candidate, then yes, it's very much plausible that he could be the nominee. I honestly can't think of anyone else more deserving of the most powerful job in the world.

Nina Turner could run. Van Jones. Bakari Sellers. Angela Rye. A lot of talented African Americans can run.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 12:22:11 AM »

The funny part is that if he ran he'd no doubt be a front runner. Him actually making it to the nomination would be scary. 

What?
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 12:23:33 AM »

What?

Oh yeah him taking a page of Trump's 2016 race of "telling it like it is" but to a liberal audience might work. It will be just as controversial and crazy but a different demographic will be outraged.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 12:23:49 AM »

He'd have a hard time trying to appeal to the unmarried older White women which helped Hillary in the 2016 primary.

True. Some of them think he's a little full of himself. I like his style--it depends. Will millennial white women like him, or are they still upset over his 2009 Taylor Swift remarks?
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 12:24:46 AM »

What?

Oh yeah him taking a page of Trump's 2016 race of "telling it like it is" but to a liberal audience might work. It will be just as controversial and crazy but a different demographic will be outraged.

If this happens, America will literally be voting like the deep south, which would mean the Democrats would be out of power for generations.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 12:29:36 AM »

If Harris and Booker pass on the race, leaving him as the sole black candidate, then yes, it's very much plausible that he could be the nominee. I honestly can't think of anyone else more deserving of the most powerful job in the world.

Nina Turner could run. Van Jones. Bakari Sellers. Angela Rye. A lot of talented African Americans can run.

Van Jones was a good friend and media defender of Aaron Schock.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 12:30:12 AM »

What?

Kanye has mastered the art of media whoring; as Trump proved, one can win the nomination without donor money provided that they dominate the news cycle from the get-go. A Kanye run in 2020 would be a goldmine for ratings.

True. Some of them think he's a little full of himself. I like his style--it depends. Will millennial white women like him, or are they still upset over his 2009 Taylor Swift remarks?

Taylor already got exposed as a snake this year.

True. She has a lot of flaws. A lot.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 01:41:11 AM »

That we're even seriously discussing a possible Trump v West election in 2020 is both appalling and horrifying.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 01:45:18 AM »

We'd have reverse Donald Trump.

Though it would be interesting to see the angry white vote vs the black vote that Kanye would be just about guaranteed to have and who would come out on top (not that it's what I really want to see).

I can't imagine the debates would involve anything about policies, just a lot of "telling it like it is" and hurling insults at each other.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 09:31:10 AM »

We'd have reverse Donald Trump.

Though it would be interesting to see the angry white vote vs the black vote that Kanye would be just about guaranteed to have and who would come out on top (not that it's what I really want to see).

I can't imagine the debates would involve anything about policies, just a lot of "telling it like it is" and hurling insults at each other.

This is exactly how I predict it would be. 

However if Trump still acts like he did in the 2016 campaign as President, then he'd probably wouldn't even last more than I expected year into the term. Kanye West would be facing someone else.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 10:33:12 AM »

Van Jones was a good friend and media defender of Aaron Schock.

And an actual communist.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 11:02:05 AM »

I think White millenial women would be split regarding him. The educated ones though, will be more of a harder target for him.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 11:13:08 AM »

That we're even seriously discussing a possible Trump v West election in 2020 is both appalling and horrifying.

The appalling and horrifying thing is that we're right to do so.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 12:22:03 PM »

What makes this even more horrifying would be that it's likely to happen.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2016, 12:26:25 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2016, 12:33:04 PM by 1945>1488 »

What?

Kanye has mastered the art of media whoring; as Trump proved, one can win the nomination without donor money provided that they dominate the news cycle from the get-go. A Kanye run in 2020 would be a goldmine for ratings.

True. She has a lot of flaws. A lot.

Swift strikes me as very likely to have some sort of personality disorder. I'm generally less inclined to think poorly of women who come across as profoundly unwell than of men who are crass blowhards despite not having anything actually wrong with them.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2016, 01:15:59 PM »

What?

Taylor Swift did nothing wrong. Keep living in your fantasy world
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2016, 01:36:15 PM »

Taylor Swift is basically innocent of everything, except making songs that sound the same in the her first half of her career and then making more songs that sounds different but still all sound the same in the recent years.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2016, 01:47:27 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2016, 01:50:18 PM by Stranger in a strange land »

Everyone calm down:

1) If Trump has been unsuccessful, which I expect he will be, there will likely be a revulsion against celebrity candidates
2) Bernie or someone like him could easily portray Kanye as the puppet of the Establishment
3) How is he going to win IA and NH? I know the plan would be for him to win SC and run up the score with the Black Vote, but that would at best make him a spoiler, not the potential nominee. If Democratic primaries ran under Republican rules, there would be a much bigger threat he could do what Trump has done.
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2016, 01:50:09 PM »

I am fully on board, yes.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2016, 01:54:28 PM »

Everyone calm down:

1) If Trump has been unsuccessful, which I expect he will be, there will likely be a revulsion against celebrity candidates
2) Bernie or someone like him could easily portray Kanye as the puppet of the Establishment
3) How is he going to win IA and NH? I know the plan would be for him to win SC and run up the score with the Black Vote, but that would at best make him a spoiler, not the potential nominee. If Democratic primaries ran under Republican rules, there would be a much bigger threat he could do what Trump has done.

1. That's a possibility of that happening. However I think it might just be a revulsion against Trump, not celebrity candidates as a whole. Especially if the celebrity isn't a right-wing celebrity.
2. That will no doubt be a problem, however if Kanye West and Bernie Sanders (or someone like him) do agree on similarly on issues and have the same voter base then such an attack would become problematic.
3. He'll likely win the NH primary. That state is somewhat tailored to him. IA would no doubt be a challenge.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies