Senate Appropriations Committee voted to cut rail security
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:16:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Senate Appropriations Committee voted to cut rail security
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Appropriations Committee voted to cut rail security  (Read 472 times)
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 09, 2005, 12:21:44 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/07/08/congress.transitsecurity.ap/index.html

This is honestly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.  Even after Madrid, the current budget devoted 4.7 billion to aviation, and only 32 million to railroads and subways, and even then the senate wanted to cut money.  Democrat or Republican, it's just stupid.  And if we have to lower expenses, then take away the tax cuts, take away welfare for all I care, as long as we're safe.  It does not make sense, after Madrid, after the releasing of sarin gas in Japanese subways, to have made train safety such a low priority.

Yes, hindsight is 20/20, but when hundreds of people die in a train bombing, and a year later you vote to cut funding to train safety, that's not oversight, that's idiocy.

Does anyone know where I could get a roll call record of the Senate Appropriations Committee? To find out who voted to cut funding for rail security?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies