Congressional losers trying again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:31:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Congressional losers trying again
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congressional losers trying again  (Read 388 times)
PAK Man

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 03, 2016, 04:49:32 PM »

Every cycle, it seems like we get at least one senate or House loser that decides to go for a rematch during the following cycle. Who do you think this year's crop will be?

Senate:
Ron Johnson - If he loses, especially by a narrow margin, I can easily see him either going for a rematch vs. Feingold in 2022 or challenging Baldwin in 2018 (though if Sean Duffy runs, he may defer to him).

Kelly Ayotte - All indications are that this is going to be a very close race, and if Ayotte loses, I feel like she'll go for a rematch in a few more years.

House:
Bob Dold - If Schneider ends up defeating him (I personally don't think he will) I can easily see Dold coming back again during the midterm. This race could very easily become the Midwest's NH-01 (though hopefully for that race this will be Guinta's last year running).

Carlos Curbelo - Again, I personally don't think Garcia will defeat him, but if he does, I can definitely see Curbelo coming back in two years. He seems personally popular and I can see him running statewide someday.

Danny Tarkanian - He's been running for every office for years. There's no reason to think he won't try for a rematch (or he might run for governor, but he'd get clobbered in the primary).

Barbara Comstock - No doubt in my mind she'll try to reclaim her seat back if Bennett defeats her. Comstock will probably be a statewide candidate someday, and she'll want the experience under her belt before seeking it.

Who are some others you can see running again?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 07:12:21 PM »

I could see Ross going in again to take out Tillis.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 07:30:28 PM »

I could see Ross going in again to take out Tillis.
I'd prefer to see Shuler, McIntyre, Kissell, or even Anthony Foxx trying to defeat Tillis.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 08:12:26 PM »

If Todd Young loses to Bayh, I could definitely see him taking on Donnelly.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 08:23:04 PM »

For some reason I have this idea in my mind that Teachout and Faso will be the next Shea-Porter and Guinta, but that could be totally wrong.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 08:51:42 PM »

For some reason I have this idea in my mind that Teachout and Faso will be the next Shea-Porter and Guinta, but that could be totally wrong.

I feel like Teachout would run again - less sure about Faso.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies