Fox: British attacks "work to our advantage"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 09:01:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Fox: British attacks "work to our advantage"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Fox: British attacks "work to our advantage"  (Read 5256 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 07, 2005, 06:37:12 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200507070005
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 06:40:27 PM »

You're reading too much into this, I'm afraid. The commentator clearly intended to suggest that it is to the "Western world's" advantage to be united when experiencing such an incident.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 06:42:47 PM »

You're reading too much into this, I'm afraid. The commentator clearly intended to suggest that it is to the "Western world's" advantage to be united when experiencing such an incident.

You don't understand how these people think. Condi said the Tsunami was an "Wonderful Oppurtunity".
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 06:47:07 PM »

You don't understand how these people think. Condi said the Tsunami was an "Wonderful Oppurtunity".

I think that anyone who understood how you think might immediatly go blind.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 06:49:29 PM »

Hint: Republicans like playing disasters to their political advantage.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 06:54:02 PM »

Wilson, FDR, Truman, Kennedy and Clinton (with OKC) never did that, BTW.  Not have current Democrats used the problems in Iraq to their "advantage," either.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 06:55:40 PM »

I has nothing to do with "advantage" BTW.  It has to do with something happening and the response to it.  Problem is, you are so blind, that you cannot see when Democrats do this, thus you always assume the Republicans are "taking advantage of things".
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 07:05:43 PM »

Wilson, FDR, Truman, Kennedy and Clinton (with OKC) never did that, BTW.  Not have current Democrats used the problems in Iraq to their "advantage," either.

Comparing the Iraq war to this misses greatly the point.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 07:09:04 PM »

I has nothing to do with "advantage" BTW.  It has to do with something happening and the response to it.  Problem is, you are so blind, that you cannot see when Democrats do this, thus you always assume the Republicans are "taking advantage of things".

9/11 is the worst thing that ever happened to the Democratic party, even though it was Bush's fault for giving terrorism a low priority.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 07:15:58 PM »

Jfern, your continual attempts to spin expressions of sympathy and events that are personal tradedies into political fodder to attack your enemies sickens me.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 07:17:02 PM »

Jfern, your continual attempts to spin expressions of sympathy and events that are personal tradedies into political fodder to attack your enemies sickens me.

I'm just pointing out how the Republicans are doing it.  your double standards.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 07:18:31 PM »

I'm just pointing out how the Republicans are doing it.  your double standards.

We are not doing sh**t, you are the only one doing it.  And you need to stop.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 07:23:42 PM »

I'm just pointing out how the Republicans are doing it.  your double standards.

We are not doing sh**t, you are the only one doing it.  And you need to stop.

What do you call "work to our advantage"? And what do I need to stop? Do you have a problem with our disaster of a President being criticized?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 08:07:46 PM »

Jfern, die.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 08:14:53 PM »

How compassionate.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005, 08:16:22 PM »

That's right terrorist coddler.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2005, 08:17:32 PM »

"Al Qaeda is on the run. That group of terrorists who attacked our country is slowly, but surely, being decimated. ... They're not a problem anymore." - George W Bush

Indeed.  ^^Your compassionate insight on the bombings.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2005, 08:19:17 PM »

You are low-life gutter scum that is more interested in bashing liberals than fighting terrorism.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2005, 08:21:28 PM »

"Al Qaeda is on the run. That group of terrorists who attacked our country is slowly, but surely, being decimated. ... They're not a problem anymore." - George W Bush

I will damn well criticize Bush whenever the  I want. Just because the ing media took over a year after 9/11 to be the slightest bit critical of Bush and still loves him today doesn't mean that I shouldn't be allowed to point out the fact that he's the worst President ever. The Republicans are spinning this attack for political gain, but no, you don't want me to criticize this disaster?  these double standards.
TX_1824
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2005, 08:22:05 PM »

You are low-life gutter scum that is more interested in bashing liberals than fighting terrorism.

Paging Mr. Kettle...paging Mr. Kettle. Mr. Pot is on line 1.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2005, 08:24:35 PM »

Paging Mr. Kettle...paging Mr. Kettle. Mr. Pot is on line 1.

I have been very consistant on that Bush should have done more to fight terrorism.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2005, 08:30:23 PM »

Troll.

Anyway, "it works to our advantage" is parallel to what I said in the other tread in regards if this war is being executed properly.  It's not, because a handful of nations cannot possibly police the whole world.  ALL nations have to, and if having an attack occur close to where numerous leaders are meeting, and the former opponents to the global war begin to understand that they are immune to the threat, then yes, it works to our advantage because they might finally start policing themselves.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2005, 08:31:53 PM »

I will damn well criticize Bush whenever the  I want. Just because the ing media took over a year after 9/11 to be the slightest bit critical of Bush and still loves him today doesn't mean that I shouldn't be allowed to point out the fact that he's the worst President ever. The Republicans are spinning this attack for political gain, but no, you don't want me to criticize this disaster?  these double standards.

You are being very sad and pathological.  I guess we should all realize that this is about your own hatred of Pres. Bush and your right to express that hatred rather than the people who lost their lives today.  
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2005, 08:33:27 PM »

You are being very sad and pathological.  I guess we should all realize that this is about your own hatred of Pres. Bush and your right to express that hatred rather than the people who lost their lives today.  

^^^^^  At times like these, people show their true colors.  No surprise here.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2005, 08:36:59 PM »

Troll.
Brilliant argument.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Huh? All of the G8 countries were involved with the war on terror in Afganistan. I think all but Russia sent troops. Yes, Canada, France and Germany, those countries that you love to bash sent troops. In fact the US accidentily killed some Canadians there.

You are seriously ed up if you see a terrorist attack near a meeting filled with leaders WHO ALREADY SUPPORT THE WAR ON TERROR as an oppurtunity.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies