Deeply disturbing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:12:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Deeply disturbing
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Deeply disturbing  (Read 6750 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2016, 12:20:17 AM »

The only way to set up a secret ballot would be to have a moderator for the forum conduct the election.

He would receive the votes, tally them up and announce the winner. He could also determine poster validity, etc.

Poster could not be affiliated with either major party etc.

That IMO would be the best way to do a secret ballot.

Torie has a long history of being an independent. Badger unfortunately just gave up being a Mod. Gustaf is in a one member party. Cathcon is no longer registered, but he might consider it.

The one draw back to a mod is that there is no way to compel them to do it. It would be on a voluntary basis.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2016, 12:24:34 AM »

I think the suggestion has merit, and should be considered.

If the Labor party is at all concerned with free and fair elections apart from voter intimidation I would expect them to wholeheartedly approve of such a reform.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2016, 12:26:51 AM »

The best outcome would be a panel of judges that you send your ballot to via CC.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2016, 12:36:24 AM »

Private voting is the dumbest idea out there. I used to think differently. This is an elections simulator first and foremost. People want to see the votes as they come in and they want to strategize their ballots. They want to count the process and make predictions. Participation in the elections process would fall off a cliff under such a scheme.

I do admire the pivot, though: Feds trying to frame the narrative as "why won't Labor endorse private voting?". Only one party is having any trouble restraining itself from harassment and illegal activities during elections. I say we make the Federalist Party private so nobody in the game has to see them. Nice attempt by Yankee at false equivalence there, though!
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2016, 12:39:27 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Is Former president Griffin willing to go on the record in his opposition to private ballots? There's a reason every election everywhere uses them.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2016, 12:46:04 AM »

I do admire the pivot, though: Feds trying to frame the narrative as "why won't Labor endorse private voting?". Only one party is having any trouble restraining itself from harassment and illegal activities during elections. I say we make the Federalist Party private so nobody in the game has to see them. Nice attempt by Yankee at false equivalence there, though!

I suppose it was the invisible man that gave Jimmie flak over last weekend then.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2016, 12:52:44 AM »

I suppose it was the invisible man that gave Jimmie flak over last weekend then.

1) What y'all did is illegal

2) What y'all did is immoral, especially considering he's not in your party; two more minutes of harassment and it would have invalidated his ballot, something that very well may have been the intent if changing preference wasn't achieved

3) Any comments made to him by Labor were after the election, not during the window for successfully (and illegally) convincing someone to edit a ballot

4) If this is what you define as "flak", then bless your heart. I can't wait to hear about what other EARTH-SHATTERING comments from other party members supposedly meet that criteria

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2016, 12:57:24 AM »

Mr Griffin, what comments do you have to the rumours that the Labor party is bribing their own members to secure support for Blair?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2016, 12:59:28 AM »

It prompted a discussion that someone else recently brought up to me and that is taking a possible look at secret balloting again. As difficult as it maybe to implement in a way that is trustworthy, I think we should at least discuss the possibility. Because whether it is people getting bitched at five days ago for how they voted, or bitched at now the end result is still the same. People are being mistreated because the votes are 100% public. If it would be practical, secret balloting would remove a lot of the aspects that invite misbehavior and tension, as well as the personal element.

I, personally, would like to get back all the time I've spent over the past decade in Atlasia. That is about as possible as a secret ballot system free of fraud, supposing we even wanted it in the abstract (which I and other right-thinking people do not).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2016, 01:01:24 AM »

1) What y'all did is illegal

2) What y'all did is immoral, especially considering he's not in your party; two more minutes of harassment and it would have invalidated his ballot, something that very well may have been the intent if changing preference wasn't achieved

3) Any comments made to him by Labor were after the election, not during the window for successfully (and illegally) convincing someone to edit a ballot

4) If this is what you define as "flak", then bless your heart. I can't wait to hear about what other EARTH-SHATTERING comments from other party members supposedly meet that criteria

Smiley Smiley Smiley

1. I didn't do anything. And had I not been busting my ass to earn an honest living at work, I would have been here to say no. I have already had it out with Dfw.

2. See number 1. Did Dfw ask him any point to change his vote? And in my opinion why does he have to vote for Blair, just because he is "in Labor". Through all my PMs to Feds, not one of them is on the basis of membership, it is on the basis of my ideas.

3. Were they?

4. Those were his words, not mine. Plus that "please remember your in labor" sounds rather intimidating to those whose are not as tough as you are Adam.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2016, 01:07:04 AM »

It prompted a discussion that someone else recently brought up to me and that is taking a possible look at secret balloting again. As difficult as it maybe to implement in a way that is trustworthy, I think we should at least discuss the possibility. Because whether it is people getting bitched at five days ago for how they voted, or bitched at now the end result is still the same. People are being mistreated because the votes are 100% public. If it would be practical, secret balloting would remove a lot of the aspects that invite misbehavior and tension, as well as the personal element.

I, personally, would like to get back all the time I've spent over the past decade in Atlasia. That is about as possible as a secret ballot system free of fraud, supposing we even wanted it in the abstract (which I and other right-thinking people do not).

You have not been here a decade.

I would point out, Adam that you are the one getting so damn defensive over ideas being thrown out. You know they used to say I was to inflexible and too quick to shoot down ideas.

I will say again. A Laborite came to me with this idea, days ago. Jimmie said, "he took flak" after last weekend and perhaps from his perspective "remember you are in Labor" was something he considered inappropriate. Maybe someone else also contacted him. Who knows? But anyway, we discussed this last night as a possibility and then this happened.

Before I entered this thread, it was all about Labor milking this for all it is worth, and I foolish, naive stupid me, thought I could get a productive discussion in here.

Nope, we got to send out the minions to crap all over it and when that fails, time to send in the heavy artillery. Why does free discussion bother you so much?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2016, 01:10:13 AM »

Sorry, guys, this thread is not about crazy private voting schemes or whatever other crazy insinuations of activity you're willing to make up. This thread is about the very illegal activity of multiple Yankee supporters and Federalist leaders to disenfranchise and intimidate someone who was not in the position to be on the receiving end of a barrage of harassing and threatening messages across multiple mediums.

It's very sad that instead of just saying "we're sorry" or "I don't condone this behavior", you instead want to be "BUT LABOR", despite the fact that there is no comparison to be made here. At all. Take some personal responsibility and care for your lives, for once.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2016, 01:14:51 AM »

Are you saying that the rumors of bribery are baseless, Mr. Griffin?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2016, 01:20:08 AM »

Hey guys.. Blair got me when he discussed with me how he wanted to make Atlasia fun.

When I changed my vote.. I should not have felt intimidated but I did. That was just because of my own issues.. Not theirs.

But this goes for anyone.. Do not ask people why they voted for who they did after they voted.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2016, 01:23:38 AM »

Are you saying that the rumors of bribery are baseless, Mr. Griffin?

The only offer not conditional on the legality of the act that I recall seeing recently was shortly after the polls closed last weekend, where I was propositioned with the following:

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2016, 01:24:34 AM »

Sorry, guys, this thread is not about crazy private voting schemes or whatever other crazy insinuations of activity you're willing to make up. This thread is about the very illegal activity of multiple Yankee supporters and Federalist leaders to disenfranchise and intimidate someone who was not in the position to be on the receiving end of a barrage of harassing and threatening messages across multiple mediums.

It's very sad that instead of just saying "we're sorry" or "I don't condone this behavior", you instead want to be "BUT LABOR", despite the fact that there is no comparison to be made here. At all. Take some personal responsibility and care for your lives, for once.

Perhaps the eyesight is failing you for that "decade" of being in Atlasia.

Look, I come on here at midnight after a hard day at work. I see you making accusations, I see allegations of it being across multiple mediums. I said first post, ADAM. FIRST FING POST after I got in here." As policy, I do not approve of contacting voters after they voted". End of conversation.

I don't need to make up allegations. You forget, I was with you in #Atlasforum in October 2015. I know what goes on in there, and I would not be surprised if it still does.

I am sick and tired of you going on #Atlasforum saying whatever you need to get Blair elected. Whether it be questioning trying to benefit from people questioning my mental stability, or gloating about some nasty thing you did in the past to gain street cred.

I don't approve of what happened here today, but I also condemn with every damn bone in my body the crap you and your thugs have done to me since October 1st. And I am not going to take it lying down anymore.

Take your equivalency bs and shove it sideways.

Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2016, 01:27:21 AM »

Funny. That's not what my sources tell me. Wink

http://i.imgur.com/EOiRyg0.png

Nay, sir. Either you're lying or someone is impersonating our Former President Griffin.

Since you are a honorable man, we should obviously corral the scalawag that would besmirch your name.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2016, 01:27:52 AM »

Look, I come on here at midnight after a hard day at work. I see you making accusations, I see allegations of it being across multiple mediums. I said first post, ADAM. FIRST FING POST after I got in here." As policy, I do not approve of contacting voters after they voted". End of conversation.

I don't need to make up allegations. You forget, I was with you in #Atlasforum in October 2015. I know what goes on in there, and I would not be surprised if it still does.

I am sick and tired of you going on #Atlasforum saying whatever you need to get Blair elected. Whether it be questioning trying to benefit from people questioning my mental stability, or gloating about some nasty thing you did in the past to gain street cred.

I don't approve of what happened here today, but I also condemn with every damn bone in my body the crap you and your thugs have done to me since October 1st. And I am not going to take it lying down anymore.

You were quoting Xahar earlier, dum-dum: not me.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2016, 01:28:40 AM »

You were quoting Xahar earlier, dum-dum: not me.

I thought it was someone else actually.

Did you challenge him?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2016, 01:30:23 AM »

The biggest problem with IRC, is stuff gets said and nobody challenges it. The worst case of this is Atlasforum.

For all I care, if you sit by, let people make nasty remarks like that and then try to milk the place for support. In my book, you might as well have said it.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2016, 01:34:35 AM »

NCY... nobody doubts that you work hard.  Nobody doubts that you don't make up allegations.  Nobody doubts that you know what goes on here (you've been here since rocks cooled into cool rocks.)

Adam has every right to join #atlasforum and encourage people to vote for whomever Adam wishes people to vote for.  As do you.  But I suspect it's not the ability to get on #atlasforum and encourage people that you are worried about (your AOL dialup days are long gone)...

What you are mad about is Adam's effectiveness.  There's a reason his IRL job is the head of a county Democratic party.  He is Democrat.  He eats Nancy Pelosi for an after schooling snack.  He munches Chuck Schumer like cheese and crackers.  And those crackers are pretty buttery.

I'm not an Adam thug.  I have no problem nagging Adam until he relents.  Ask him.  I nag in a way that is both annoying and impressive in its annoyingness.  Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

And as a 1st class nagalag... I say.. STOP WHINING HOLY CRAP.

Also... you don't shove equivalency sideways.. you shove it up your butt and around the corner.  These are things we learn in like 3rd grade.. I mean come on..
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2016, 01:37:11 AM »

Funny. That's not what my sources tell me. Wink

http://i.imgur.com/EOiRyg0.png

Nay, sir. Either you're lying or someone is impersonating our Former President Griffin.

Since you are a honorable man, we should obviously corral the scalawag that would besmirch your name.

Nice try, you silly boi

I'm loving these false equivalences: keep them coming! Regardless of any accusations against me, I'm not disenfranchising and harassing other voters via PM for how they voted. Literally nothing was changed by my behavior in this election or the previous one, as clearly evidenced. The Feds' disenfranchisement and intimidation, however, may be the deciding vote...
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2016, 01:42:09 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2016, 01:43:44 AM by IDS Ex-Speaker Ben Kenobi »

Thank you for coming clean, Griffin. I for one am rather unimpressed that you see bribery as an effective part of the Laborite tool chest.

I don't think anyone here is accusing you of changing your tactics for this election, and certainly not me.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2016, 01:42:36 AM »

But in reality.. Adam wasn't buying votes.  He was encouraging people to vote for the Labor candidates in a fair election.  No money or favors were transacted.  No serious offer of money or favors was ever offered.

We can be party officials and we can be active campaigners.  And we can be individuals shilling for our chosen candidates in an unofficial capacity.  Keep that in mind.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2016, 01:45:46 AM »

Thank you for coming clean, Adam. I for one am rather unimpressed that you see bribery as an effective part of the Laborite tool chest.

We can't all harass voters outside our parties to the point of harm over their ballots cast!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies