FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 06:04:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 65
Author Topic: FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation  (Read 86914 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1150 on: October 29, 2016, 02:49:03 PM »

I don't think "something else" will happen in this story, but I'm counting on "something else" happening that will distract from this. A Trump bombshell, or even something the media invents out of thin air and/or blows out of proportion to pummel him with like they've done countless times with Hillary (ex: She has pneumonia! SHE'S DOOOOOMMMEEDDDD!")

If on the off chance this is the last major event of the election, then yeah, things suddenly get very dicey.

Isn't it crazy how Trump's first group of assault accusers gets big press, like the Clinton email stuff, then it dies off after a 5~ days or so, yet Clinton's email "scandal" literally ERUPTS every single time any little break in the case happens? This latest Comey stuff is pretty weak all things considered yet it hit the news like a tsunami.

But, of course, a continuing trickle of Trump sexual assault accusers literally gets almost no coverage. Media has now confirmed that emails that are probably completely benign are significantly more important than dozens of women coming forward accusing Trump, a presidential candidate, of sexual assault.

Pretty amazing to me. Given that Trump confirmed his behavior on tape, I think that whole story is worth more than 5~ days of coverage.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1151 on: October 29, 2016, 02:49:29 PM »

You guys realise no-one watches CNN?

Or indeed news channels in general. And the few people that do decided who they were voting for months ago.

How do most people get their news in the US? Genuinely curious.

Social media, tv news.  Has to be those 2.

And newspaper/network news sites.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1152 on: October 29, 2016, 02:53:38 PM »

Comedy really is a dumb partisan, because he leaked this after early voting already banked millions of votes. It's really too late to reverse the course of the election and Come probably ruined his career for nothing.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1153 on: October 29, 2016, 03:00:53 PM »

Based on what I've been hearing and data I've been looking at, I'm seeing no change at all in voter preference or favorables for Clinton
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1154 on: October 29, 2016, 03:02:10 PM »

I don't think "something else" will happen in this story, but I'm counting on "something else" happening that will distract from this. A Trump bombshell, or even something the media invents out of thin air and/or blows out of proportion to pummel him with like they've done countless times with Hillary (ex: She has pneumonia! SHE'S DOOOOOMMMEEDDDD!")

If on the off chance this is the last major event of the election, then yeah, things suddenly get very dicey.

Isn't it crazy how Trump's first group of assault accusers gets big press, like the Clinton email stuff, then it dies off after a 5~ days or so, yet Clinton's email "scandal" literally ERUPTS every single time any little break in the case happens? This latest Comey stuff is pretty weak all things considered yet it hit the news like a tsunami.

But, of course, a continuing trickle of Trump sexual assault accusers literally gets almost no coverage. Media has now confirmed that emails that are probably completely benign are significantly more important than dozens of women coming forward accusing Trump, a presidential candidate, of sexual assault.

Pretty amazing to me. Given that Trump confirmed his behavior on tape, I think that whole story is worth more than 5~ days of coverage.

The email story would've lasted a month for any other politician, tops. Meanwhile, this has gone on for nearly 2 years. Remember "dead broke"? They turned what would've been a 2-3 day long story for any other politician into a 3 month saga. Actually, dead broke was when I saw the writing on the wall in regards to the media's treatment of Hillary, and knew it would even exceed the 2008 negativity toward her. I've been saying since 2014 she needed to forcefully take on the media's consistent bias and sexism against her and that they were her biggest obstacle to the presidency. Unfortunately it never happened, but I've been proven right. Rather than discrediting the media and their smear campaigns, the Clinton campaign from day 1 has been more focused with rebutting the "substance" of the day to day email BS, not realizing that it was an endless game that you can't possibly hope to win. For every lie you debunk with facts, 10 more "email questions" come out like a hydra. As long as you continue to give them credibility and assume they're operating in good faith, they'll never stop using her as a pinata.  The only way to stop it is to discredit the source. Unfortunately, it is far too late to go that route. Also unfortunately, this problem will follow her to the Oval Office if she wins.

And yeah, the fact that they care more about emails than sexual assault is disgusting, but at this point it does not surprise me in the least. I've become desensitized to the deplorable media we have.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1155 on: October 29, 2016, 04:18:11 PM »

Comedy really is a dumb partisan, because he leaked this after early voting already banked millions of votes. It's really too late to reverse the course of the election and Come probably ruined his career for nothing.
So you are still throwing out conspiracy theories I see.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1156 on: October 29, 2016, 04:19:31 PM »

Based on what I've been hearing and data I've been looking at, I'm seeing no change at all in voter preference or favorables for Clinton

Way too early for that to be properly measured.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1157 on: October 29, 2016, 04:22:58 PM »

This isn't a conspiracy theory. At the least, he's incompetent, but it's not hard to see why this whole thing looks suspect. The FBI Director issuing such a vague letter 11 days before an election is incredibly dubious.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1158 on: October 29, 2016, 04:29:15 PM »

This isn't a conspiracy theory. At the least, he's incompetent, but it's not hard to see why this whole thing looks suspect. The FBI Director issuing such a vague letter 11 days before an election is incredibly dubious.
So, was he incompetent when he urged the Justice Department to not indict Clinton? Or did he only become incompetent when he went against your wishes?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1159 on: October 29, 2016, 04:30:32 PM »

Um, you understand that it's much easier to accept that Comey acted like a partisan Republican than Republicans accusing him that he acted like a partisan Democrat.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1160 on: October 29, 2016, 04:30:59 PM »

It certainly is.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1161 on: October 29, 2016, 04:35:45 PM »

How long until Comey actually clarifies and addresses this so that it may be put to rest? Or is he planning on just surfing through election day on ambiguity and unprofessional behavior?
Hydera

« Reply #1162 on: October 29, 2016, 04:40:16 PM »

How long until Comey actually clarifies and addresses this so that it may be put to rest? Or is he planning on just surfing through election day on ambiguity and unprofessional behavior?

He only responds to GOP pressure and they already called off wanting him to testify next friday when they found out the news was not legally.... that damaging for Hillary.

Better to keep the public in quiet to maximize GOP advantage from the news cycle.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1163 on: October 29, 2016, 04:43:59 PM »

He only responds to GOP pressure and they already called off wanting him to testify next friday when they found out the news was not legally.... that damaging for Hillary.

Better to keep the public in quiet to maximize GOP advantage from the news cycle.

Can he really do this? How absurd!
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1164 on: October 29, 2016, 04:44:33 PM »

Or is he planning on just surfing through election day on ambiguity and unprofessional behavior?

I honestly think this was his plan all along.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #1165 on: October 29, 2016, 04:56:18 PM »

Comey's biggest risk was someone leaking the information to the media. Just days before the election, the republicans would have two things to rail about - the new emails found *and* the supposed coverup by the FBI.

He chose the way which does the least damage to his career
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1166 on: October 29, 2016, 05:03:47 PM »

Comey's biggest risk was someone leaking the information to the media. Just days before the election, the republicans would have two things to rail about - the new emails found *and* the supposed coverup by the FBI.

He chose the way which does the least damage to his career

Or he could have, you know, told the whole truth - saying this was part of the Weiner investigation and that there is almost certainly nothing to see but that they just wanted to make absolutely sure, and maybe held a press conference while he was at it.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1167 on: October 29, 2016, 05:41:48 PM »

The Justice Department warned Comey against making this media release, but did not actually stop him from doing so:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

source

If there's any justice in this world, his career days are numbered. 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1168 on: October 29, 2016, 05:43:31 PM »

Um, you understand that it's much easier to accept that Comey acted like a partisan Republican than Republicans accusing him that he acted like a partisan Democrat.
If Comey was a partisan, he'd indict Clinton despite the lack of evidence that you guys bellyached about so much on July 5th. The fact that he's merely looking into her emails and doing the public a service by letting them know that one of the two candidates for President is involved in shady activity is not an act of partisanship.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1169 on: October 29, 2016, 05:50:29 PM »

If Comey was a partisan, he'd indict Clinton despite the lack of evidence that you guys bellyached about so much on July 5th. The fact that he's merely looking into her emails and doing the public a service by letting them know that one of the two candidates for President is involved in shady activity is not an act of partisanship.

Your post exemplifies the fever swamp mentality that has overtaken your party.
As long as that fever doesn't break let's hope for the shake of the entire world that Republicans stay locked out of the White House.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1170 on: October 29, 2016, 06:19:29 PM »

Your post exemplifies the fever swamp mentality that has overtaken your party.
As long as that fever doesn't break let's hope for the shake of the entire world that Republicans stay locked out of the White House.

I don't know what to think of Comey other than he's about HIS career, place in history, etc.  But Comey is faced with a truly unprecedented circumstance; the subject of the FBI investigation is a Presidential nominee, who pursued her candidacy despite being under investigation.  And, on top of that, new e-mails that were not disclosed in the previous investigation that were under subpoena are discovered on a device belonging to the nominee's top aide who's husband is under investigation for sex offenses. 

Hillary finds Comey's actions "deeply troubling".  Really.  How "deeply troubling" would Americans of all persuasions be if they were to find out AFTER they selected Hillary Clinton as President that an investigation for possible criminality was reopened before they voted, but they were not told of it and there was valid evidence of criminality enough for an indictment to be sought.  Indeed, how "deeply troubling" would it be that Hillary chose to pursue the Presidency despite being under investigation, instead of stepping aside in favor of other Democrats not under investigation.  (Isn't that a record low bar to run for office; to NOT be under investigation?)

I don't care if Hillary goes to jail or not.  If it costs Comey an indictment, that's OK.  I don't believe the American people need to "Lock Her Up!".  I DO think, however, that the entirety of these e-mails ought to be revealed to the public before the election, so that voters can at least make an informed decision on this.  I'm not confident Americans can get justice on this matter, whatever justice is.  But I do think that Americans CAN get the truth BEFORE they vote.  I don't think that this is too much to ask.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1171 on: October 29, 2016, 06:20:45 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/30/us/politics/hillary-clinton-emails-fbi-anthony-weiner.html

Hydera

« Reply #1172 on: October 29, 2016, 06:38:30 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2016, 06:43:55 PM by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/10/29/the-clinton-email-probe-questions-and-answers/?postshare=5211477773090935&tid=ss_tw

So....

1. Its only legally damaging if they find classified emails from Hillary to Huma that they did not find in the original investigation.

2. Most likely the material that was sent to Huma from Hillary were already reviewed in the original investigation and they want to check that the emails from Hillary to Huma were all accounted for. hence 'duplicates'.

3. Huma's on the hook this time not Hillary if they find classified information in her emails. Hillary only gets into legal trouble as well as Huma if #1 had happened.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1173 on: October 29, 2016, 06:39:46 PM »

Why do I have this feeling there's gonna be a #shock poll from CNN tomorrow showing Clinton +1 or something like that?
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #1174 on: October 29, 2016, 06:43:17 PM »

Why do I have this feeling there's gonna be a #shock poll from CNN tomorrow showing Clinton +1 or something like that?

Probably...I'll probably be Trump +1
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies