FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:27:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 65
Author Topic: FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation  (Read 86766 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: October 28, 2016, 11:11:05 PM »

Not to be a constant prophet of doom, but... the people who might be swayed by this story don't read HuffPost.

Show me what the networks are saying, and I'll tell you if I'm worried or not.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1026 on: October 28, 2016, 11:13:49 PM »

Not to be a constant prophet of doom, but... the people who might be swayed by this story don't read HuffPost.

HuffPo, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, NY Times, WAPost
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1027 on: October 28, 2016, 11:14:57 PM »

i guess there are going to be a load of clinton +2-3 polls anyway and the trackers are going to take a dive too.

won't matter if NV/FL/NC settle this weekend.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1028 on: October 28, 2016, 11:15:20 PM »

Despite it's early irresponsible activity, CNN is tearing Comey a new one.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #1029 on: October 28, 2016, 11:16:35 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2016, 11:21:51 PM by eric82oslo »

I absolutely adore the journalistic efforts of Huffington Post, don't get me wrong at all. The only thing is that I, like I can imagine easily, probably 100,000s, possibly millions of others, have actively decided never even to enter their site at all, simply because the extreme click bait in your face that they are doing towards normal breathing human beings is so utterlty insulting to me. And I agree with 101% of everything that Huffington Post has ever posted, so I don't understand their constant need to insult their readers constantly in such a vicious way.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1030 on: October 28, 2016, 11:16:59 PM »

Oh thank God. Now I feel better.

Hopefully by tomorrow this story will fall off everybody's attention span.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1031 on: October 28, 2016, 11:17:06 PM »

I don't know if you saw the front page of CNN that I posted, but it's not that bad. They have a front page op-ed calling on Comey to resign.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1032 on: October 28, 2016, 11:25:39 PM »

Even on Fox, Comey's now the story.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1033 on: October 28, 2016, 11:27:51 PM »

It was never really on everybody's attention span to begin with. As I said, Elon Musk's new solar roof is generating more interest.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1034 on: October 28, 2016, 11:29:32 PM »

Even on Fox, Comey's now the story.

Yep:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/28/exclusive-comey-memo-to-fbi-staffers-says-election-timing-required-disclosure-renewed-probe.html
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1035 on: October 28, 2016, 11:34:04 PM »

Hillary ending up with a bump in the polls, thanks to this clown show, would be hilarious
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1036 on: October 28, 2016, 11:38:24 PM »

You know in hindsight the most hilarious take on all this is that it would hurt Hillary by associating her with Anthony Weiner. I mean sure fine American voters are idiots, blah blah blah, but what type of person would seriously decide that because Hillary is vaguely associated with this perverted guy who acts sexually inappropriate that they should therefore vote for Donald Trump?

How many Jews faced discrimination in 1930s America and decided to flee to Germany?
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #1037 on: October 28, 2016, 11:38:25 PM »

I absolutely adore the journalistic efforts of Huffington Post, don't get me wrong at all. The only thing is that I, like I can imagine easily, probably 100,000s, possibly millions of others, have actively decided never even to enter their site at all, simply because the extreme click bait in your face that they are doing towards normal breathing human beings is so utterlty insulting to me. And I agree with 101% of everything that Huffington Post has ever posted, so I don't understand their constant need to insult their readers constantly in such a vicious way.

I saw that picture while I was scrolling through this thread on my phone and seriously thought it was Drudge.

They're exactly the same website.

Serious question, what was that story early this week that was "really bad for Clinton"?  Something about money or the foundation or something?  From WikiLeaks?  I don't even remember.  It was on like Tuesday or Wednesday.
These "scandals" are all the same, all of them ended up being a bunch of overblown nothing, it's all mushed together in my head and I can't even keep it straight anymore.  All I know is that even if Hillary secretly promised to send Saudi Arabia all our state secrets in return for millions of donations to her foundation, which she then embezzled and used to pay off women to say they'd been raped by Trump and bribe Bill's secret black love child to keep his mouth shut, I'd still vote for her over Trump, because I'd rather have someone tremendously unethical but ultimately harmless in a position of power than someone who actively seeks to create dangerous and harmful situations.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1038 on: October 28, 2016, 11:49:36 PM »

Honestly how on Earth is this even a scandal? This is basically what I understand:

-FBI investigates Weiner.
-FBI finds more emails between Hillary and Huma on it.
-The emails had nothing to do with her private email server.

So basically the scandal is...Hillary sent some emails to someone who worked for her who happened to be married to a perverted guy?

Because emails attract ratings, which really goes along with what I've said about idiots and the media.

Then how did Obama get elected with all those silly non-scandals about him? Did everyone just turn into idiots now?

They weren't legitimized outside of right-wing news--CNN and other similar 'reputable' outlets have legitimized the Clinton 'scandals' by giving them equal or more coverage to Trump.

LOL you mean the mainstream news never talked about Jeremiah Wright?

And that was happening the whole time this season and Hillary was up double digits. You seem to base your thoughts on knee-jerk pessimism and nothing scientific. That's really the issue here and why I summed up all your logic as "People are stupid and therefore Trump will win". You should go see how people who bet on things like that instead of actual scientific methods do on sites like PredictIt (not to brag but I've made well over 3x my initial investment on it.)

"People are stupid and therefore Trump could win is more my thinking at the moment. It all depends on the media narrative and how large the pool of idiots is in the undecideds/soft Clinton support.  And my thoughts are based on personal experience more than anything.

And no, I don't recall Jeremiah Wright being covered almost wall-to-wall two weeks before the election by non-rightist sites.

Then why are you saying you are for certain done with this country and even apparently not even voting now because it's so pointless like Trump's election is a dead certainty?

Because earlier when this broke it looked like it was a real thing before utterly unraveling, and I have not changed my signature (which I should probably do now.)

Here's the thing you got to understand:

If someone said something like "Well of course the Cubs won't win the World Series, they never can!" on some general or non-sports forum, you can probably get away with it. But if you went on one of those Fantasy Sports forums where people obsessively follow player stats and make projections based on models that take into account the weather, people would laugh at you and mock you, and I know some will even ban you for stuff like that.

Similarly knee jerk pessimism of "Trump will win because people are so stupid, I don't care what the polls say" might be something that's not controversial in non-political circles, but on a forum as nerd and election stat-obsessed as this one, people aren't going to be swayed by that or appreciate it. We have posters here (including myself) who are betting hundreds or even thousands of dollars on election results based on statistical and scientific models and are mocking Nate Silver for not being stat-based enough. Saying all those don't matter just because "people are stupid" will clearly not win you accolades amongst such a crowd.

Your point is valid, but am here mainly to add my two cents and not win accolades. And again I'm not saying Trump -will- but simply -could- win, i.e. I'm not ruling out the possibility of the polls trending his way if people are stupid enough to buy into media narrative when the next batch comes out.

Here's also why I think just repeating "people are stupid" over and over in face of all evidence shows you to be stupider than this supposed stupid average voter: Many events have already happened this event that supposedly were going to boost Trump with this type of media sensationalism...and none did.

We've had multiple high profile ISIS attacks worldwide, a Muslim going on a mass shooting, and a black angry about police brutality intentionally killing five police officers. Trump didn't even receive a bump after any of these events. In fact he actually sank in the polls after most, thanks to his idiotic reaction and sick and blatant attempts to capitalize on them.

And you thought some rather boring story about an issue most people got sick of hearing about months ago was going to result in a Trump landslide after none of that did?
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #1039 on: October 28, 2016, 11:50:02 PM »

This is a huge joke

Kurt EichenwaldVerified account
‏@kurteichenwald
No emails being examined by FBI were to or from Clinton. All of this has to do with procedures followed by an aide.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1040 on: October 28, 2016, 11:51:02 PM »

This is a huge joke

Kurt EichenwaldVerified account
‏@kurteichenwald
No emails being examined by FBI were to or from Clinton. All of this has to do with procedures followed by an aide.

Imminent bump from angry voters incoming.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1041 on: October 28, 2016, 11:51:27 PM »

a result of the clear cleariness of clear straightalker Comey.....3 media outlets...3 different stories.

https://twitter.com/brianefallon/status/792223635515772928
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1042 on: October 28, 2016, 11:53:45 PM »

Honestly how on Earth is this even a scandal? This is basically what I understand:

So basically the scandal is...Hillary sent some emails to someone who worked for her who happened to be married to a perverted guy?

Because emails attract ratings, which really goes along with what I've said about idiots and the media.

Then how did Obama get elected with all those silly non-scandals about him? Did everyone just turn into idiots now?

They weren't legitimized outside of right-wing news--CNN and other similar 'reputable' outlets have legitimized the Clinton 'scandals' by giving them equal or more coverage to Trump.

LOL you mean the mainstream news never talked about Jeremiah Wright?

And that was happening the whole time this season and Hillary was up double digits. You seem to base your thoughts on knee-jerk pessimism and nothing scientific. That's really the issue here and why I summed up all your logic as "People are stupid and therefore Trump will win". You should go see how people who bet on things like that instead of actual scientific methods do on sites like PredictIt (not to brag but I've made well over 3x my initial investment on it.)

"People are stupid and therefore Trump could win is more my thinking at the moment. It all depends on the media narrative and how large the pool of idiots is in the undecideds/soft Clinton support.  And my thoughts are based on personal experience more than anything.

And no, I don't recall Jeremiah Wright being covered almost wall-to-wall two weeks before the election by non-rightist sites.

Then why are you saying you are for certain done with this country and even apparently not even voting now because it's so pointless like Trump's election is a dead certainty?

Because earlier when this broke it looked like it was a real thing before utterly unraveling, and I have not changed my signature (which I should probably do now.)

Here's the thing you got to understand:

If someone said something like "Well of course the Cubs won't win the World Series, they never can!" on some general or non-sports forum, you can probably get away with it. But if you went on one of those Fantasy Sports forums where people obsessively follow player stats and make projections based on models that take into account the weather, people would laugh at you and mock you, and I know some will even ban you for stuff like that.

Similarly knee jerk pessimism of "Trump will win because people are so stupid, I don't care what the polls say" might be something that's not controversial in non-political circles, but on a forum as nerd and election stat-obsessed as this one, people aren't going to be swayed by that or appreciate it. We have posters here (including myself) who are betting hundreds or even thousands of dollars on election results based on statistical and scientific models and are mocking Nate Silver for not being stat-based enough. Saying all those don't matter just because "people are stupid" will clearly not win you accolades amongst such a crowd.

Your point is valid, but am here mainly to add my two cents and not win accolades. And again I'm not saying Trump -will- but simply -could- win, i.e. I'm not ruling out the possibility of the polls trending his way if people are stupid enough to buy into media narrative when the next batch comes out.

Here's also why I think just repeating "people are stupid" over and over in face of all evidence shows you to be stupider than this supposed stupid average voter: Many events have already happened this event that supposedly were going to boost Trump with this type of media sensationalism...and none did.

We've had multiple high profile ISIS attacks worldwide, a Muslim going on a mass shooting, and a black angry about police brutality intentionally killing five police officers. Trump didn't even receive a bump after any of these events. In fact he actually sank in the polls after most, thanks to his idiotic reaction and sick and blatant attempts to capitalize on them.

And you thought some rather boring story about an issue most people got sick of hearing about months ago was going to result in a Trump landslide after none of that did?

The optics and timing were my primary concern, less than two weeks from the election you have the story the GOP has had the most success with (albeit relatively little in the end) being suddenly thrust into the media spotlight. Perhaps short-sighted would be a better way to describe the public in this sort of situation. Either way the story turned out to be nothing and may in fact backfire if some of the latest headlines are any indication.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1043 on: October 29, 2016, 12:01:03 AM »

This story is becoming more about Comey and less about Hillary.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1044 on: October 29, 2016, 12:02:15 AM »

On a related note: I'm still struggling to understand how Huma Abedin ended up marrying the Weiner Man.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #1045 on: October 29, 2016, 12:20:28 AM »

I still don't see how Clinton benefits from any of this at all -- she is off message. Even if this "scandal" quietly slinks off the headlines by Monday, she still suffers for it.

Can Comey be forced out of office or compelled to resign? That would put the email business to rest once and for all.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #1046 on: October 29, 2016, 12:22:19 AM »

No, the scandal is that Huma was under subpoena, failed to disclose this device and release e-mails between herself and Hillary Clinton as required under that subpoena. Her creepy husband gets busted for sexting with an underage girl, the NY FBI, who is investigating Weiner, unearths these e-mails. The DC FBI is obligated to investigate.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1047 on: October 29, 2016, 12:24:19 AM »

No, the scandal is that Huma was under subpoena, failed to disclose this device and release e-mails between herself and Hillary Clinton as required under that subpoena. Her creepy husband gets busted for sexting with an underage girl, the NY FBI, who is investigating Weiner, unearths these e-mails. The DC FBI is obligated to investigate.

That's a scandal for Huma, not Hillary. Anything else is outright disingenuous and what Comey did was completely out of lines.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #1048 on: October 29, 2016, 12:26:41 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2016, 12:28:23 AM by eric82oslo »

What about the creepy mister D. J. Trump who has probably already been groping several hundreds of innocent girls, many of them teenagers (something he has himself admitted again and again). What about that? Is that less insulting to general people's inteligence than what you are just right now describing?
SirMuxALot

« Reply #1049 on: October 29, 2016, 12:26:44 AM »

Can Comey be forced out of office or compelled to resign? That would put the email business to rest once and for all.

President Obama would be well within his constitutional rights to pull a Nixon by firing Comey and instructing the FBI to drop the matter.

However, I suspect the President will conclude that won't be the best course of action he can take to help Hillary.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies