FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:20:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 65
Author Topic: FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation  (Read 86765 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: October 28, 2016, 07:42:41 PM »

Damn! No one can say that Hillary wasn't busy during her tenure.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #851 on: October 28, 2016, 07:43:28 PM »

Funny that Trump actually called this one:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/628231488794923008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/638318502059880450?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Hell he says it 3 years ago:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/382245828737245185?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #852 on: October 28, 2016, 07:45:27 PM »

us double agent naveed jamali:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://twitter.com/CatchaRUSSpy/status/792162824009113600?lang=en
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #853 on: October 28, 2016, 07:46:26 PM »

Ok.

Naveed Jamali
@CatchaRUSSpy

Here's what I believe: account on device had email account already reviewed. In spite of that, FBI has decided to re-review. Not new emails

Naveed Jamali

‏@CatchaRUSSpy

@DevlinBarrett I'm basing my statement on what I'm hearing as well. It's Huma's email account and they will re-review. It's a non-event
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #854 on: October 28, 2016, 07:48:00 PM »

Ok.

Naveed Jamali
@CatchaRUSSpy

Here's what I believe: account on device had email account already reviewed. In spite of that, FBI has decided to re-review. Not new emails

Naveed Jamali

‏@CatchaRUSSpy

@DevlinBarrett I'm basing my statement on what I'm hearing as well. It's Huma's email account and they will re-review. It's a non-event

Seems about right. After such a long investigation it seems highly unlikely that there was anything that they missed.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #855 on: October 28, 2016, 07:48:03 PM »

What does he believe this over all other hypotheses?  They can still find new emails, if some of the emails were downloaded from the server, deleted from there, and stored locally, no?
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #856 on: October 28, 2016, 07:48:35 PM »

2017 will be the revival of Telegraphy. Or an attempt.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #857 on: October 28, 2016, 07:48:51 PM »

Ok.

Naveed Jamali
@CatchaRUSSpy

Naveed Jamali

‏@CatchaRUSSpy

Comey has no motivation to try and stop Hillary. If it were just a mere review, they wouldn't publicize it like this. This is a full blown look and some random CIA employee who pretends he's a retired James Bond on Twitter and Fox News is not a source that is reliable or even relevant.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #858 on: October 28, 2016, 07:49:13 PM »

Ok.

Naveed Jamali
@CatchaRUSSpy

Naveed Jamali

‏@CatchaRUSSpy

So he thinks that FBI made it up.

Oooook.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #859 on: October 28, 2016, 07:49:32 PM »

This is the POINT. No one has even read the f***ing emails yet.

This really is a total beat-up. It will hurt a little around the edges, but as to radically changing the race, no.

It's not like Hillary tried to forcibly fack her own e-mails. Sorry mister Drumpft if I hurt your strong sensibilities.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #860 on: October 28, 2016, 07:50:36 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2016, 07:52:56 PM by Landslide Lyndon »

Ok.

Naveed Jamali
@CatchaRUSSpy

Naveed Jamali

‏@CatchaRUSSpy

Comey has no motivation to try and stop Hillary. If it were just a mere review, they wouldn't publicize it like this. This is a full blown look and some random CIA employee who pretends he's a retired James Bond on Twitter and Fox News is not a source that is reliable or even relevant.

Um, have you ever heard of Hanlon's Razor?

Plus, WSJ's DOJ reporter confirmed he hears the same thing from his sources.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #861 on: October 28, 2016, 07:50:41 PM »

Ok.

Naveed Jamali
@CatchaRUSSpy

Naveed Jamali

‏@CatchaRUSSpy

Uh who is this guy? How could he come to this conclusion?
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #862 on: October 28, 2016, 07:51:28 PM »

So.... no one knows, basically, nothing yet, right?

According to Gloria Borger on CNN, "It's like James Comey set the house on fire and walked away."

Well, it's now clear that all FBI employees will be dismissed Jan 21 if Clinton still wins.
The only heads that can roll are likely the department heads and other political appointees. The rank-and-file FBI agents are going nowhere under either a Clinton or Trump administration. It's against the law to fire them for political reasons.

Well, it is under the current SCOTUS.
I'm pretty sure it's about as well settled law as well settled law gets.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #863 on: October 28, 2016, 07:51:33 PM »

Judging by Gustaf reaction (blood out of his whatever), there's no good news Clinton. amIrite?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #864 on: October 28, 2016, 07:52:09 PM »

This really is a total beat-up. It will hurt a little around the edges, but as to radically changing the race, no.

Yeah, but nobody cares. Very early on (as in like, April or May 2015) the "scandal" became not about anything substantive, but about "look! another negative Hillary e-mail story!" as just a vague generality. The average voter probably couldn't explain 90% of the details about Hillary's emails to you, yet the stories hurt her regardless. Substance is totally irrelevant. That's just the way the media and the public is. It's very sad. Is it any better in Australia? Tongue

As for how it effects the race, I have no clue right now. Anything from a slight Trump bounce to a dead heat race or small Trump lead wouldn't surprise me at this point. But the same factor that was a blessing for Trump and allowed him to survive the McCain comments, the disabled reporter comments, the Khan stuff, the pussygrabber tape, and all the other disqualifying things he's said/done is now a curse: said media/American public's short attention span. For all we know this could be a distant memory in a week. In fact, I think it likely will be.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #865 on: October 28, 2016, 07:53:51 PM »

the strange thing is that comey is always praised to be the political player and thinker.

means: he knows what he gets if he pushes the right pieces.

i guess this is more like a "CYA"-move or trying to "mute" the suppoed revolt .....seems like some FBI agents haven't been happy about not indicting hillary.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #866 on: October 28, 2016, 07:54:15 PM »

For all we know this could be a distant memory in a week. In fact, I think it likely will be.

What about the planned Congressional hearings four days before the election?
dspNY
United States

« Reply #867 on: October 28, 2016, 07:55:00 PM »

If this is true Comey must resign

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/792165417108148224
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #868 on: October 28, 2016, 07:55:05 PM »

Yeah, but nobody cares. Very early on (as in like, April or May 2015) the "scandal" became not about anything substantive, but about "look! another negative Hillary e-mail story!" as just a vague generality. The average voter probably couldn't explain 90% of the details about Hillary's emails to you, yet the stories hurt her regardless. Substance is totally irrelevant. That's just the way the media and the public is. It's very sad. Is it any better in Australia? Tongue

Sort of. Everything will be filtered out by the average voter and what's left?

blah-blah-blah... FBI ...blah-blah-blah... Clinton... blah-blah-blah... Emails... blah-blah-blah... [Weiner?]... blah-blah-blah... investigation....
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #869 on: October 28, 2016, 07:57:39 PM »

I think the problem for Trump is that people are already voting, and at least 90% of voters have already made up their minds. Trump would have to start making inroads with people who aren't already Trump supporters, and his campaign has made it clear they won't or can't do that.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #870 on: October 28, 2016, 07:58:34 PM »

If true, there might not have been any way to handle the situation more irresponsibly and politically destructive than the path he chose.
Hydera

« Reply #871 on: October 28, 2016, 07:59:25 PM »

Won't stop the trumpeters posting here for the first time in weeks to jump to conclusions. 'What if huma helped hillary in deleting emails!!!!' 'what if she gave weiner classified info for the mayor race? HUH HUH??'
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #872 on: October 28, 2016, 07:59:53 PM »

You've got to be kidding me Angry
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #873 on: October 28, 2016, 07:59:59 PM »

As for how it effects the race, I have no clue right now. Anything from a slight Trump bounce to a dead heat race or small Trump lead wouldn't surprise me at this point. But the same factor that was a blessing for Trump and allowed him to survive the McCain comments, the disabled reporter comments, the Khan stuff, the pussygrabber tape, and all the other disqualifying things he's said/done is now a curse: said media/American public's short attention span. For all we know this could be a distant memory in a week. In fact, I think it likely will be.

Nowhere near as bad. My total gut feel about this, is that while this issue being raised is a negative for Clinton, I'm not sure that it's inherently a positive for Trump. I can see a small drop in Clinton's numbers, but whether this actually transfers support is kind of the key.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #874 on: October 28, 2016, 08:00:47 PM »

So, according to Washington Post, Comey sent the letter without knowing if the e-mails are indeed duplicates just to cover his ass in case someone from the FBI leaked their existence.
How lovely.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-director-james-b-comey-under-fire-for-his-controversial-decision-on-the-clinton-email-inquiry/2016/10/28/fbad009c-9d57-11e6-a0ed-ab0774c1eaa5_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_comey-810pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies