FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 03:48:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 65
Author Topic: FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation  (Read 87016 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: October 28, 2016, 07:20:12 PM »

You know sh*t has hit the fan when IceSpear, of all people, is getting gloomy.

I'm not sure why you say that. I was never one of the people who thought she was inevitable in the general or going to win in a massive historic landslide. In fact, I criticized the latter just as much as I criticized the doomsayers. Tongue Funnily enough, the doomsayers/massive landslide talk was sometimes the same exact people, continually getting whiplash depending upon what the polls of the day said.

I wouldn't really say I'm gloomy, btw. No doubt this story hurts, but I'm actually more troubled by the Democratic reaction to it than the story itself. "GIVE US MORE ABUSE COMEY (R)! DO IT NOW!!!!" I stand by my statement about the media and Hillary's refusal to take them on, but I've been saying that since 2014, it's just particularly relevant now. I do think she will still win, just based off all the evidence/data and the fact that I'm skeptical the media is going to go another 10 days without at least one avalanche of negative Trump coverage, which will make this seem like a distant memory to the ADHD public. But we'll see.

IceSpear has been part of the chicken little crowd during the entire general election.

Are you confusing me with somebody else? I've been predicting a 348-190 Clinton win since March, and have not wavered. The last time I chicken littled was February when I thought the media would install their precious Hispanic Obama as president.

Unless you consider saying "Hillary isn't going to win Texas" or "Hillary isn't going to win by double digits" chicken littling, in which case...LMAO.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #826 on: October 28, 2016, 07:20:58 PM »

Wherein Mr. Melber says absolutely nothing whatsoever about how long the FBI has been in possession of the emails.

So I'll assume the other side is hereby conceding they're making up the myth about the FBI having sat on this to time to release for political purposes.
They started seizing Wiener stuff 5 weeks ago, including this laptop, get it now?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #827 on: October 28, 2016, 07:22:31 PM »

I'm not sure why you say that. I was never one of the people who thought she was inevitable in the general or going to win in a massive historic landslide. In fact, I criticized the latter just as much as I criticized the doomsayers. Tongue Funnily enough, the doomsayers/massive landslide talk was sometimes the same exact people, continually getting whiplash depending upon what the polls of the day said.

I wouldn't really say I'm gloomy, btw. No doubt this story hurts, but I'm actually more troubled by the Democratic reaction to it than the story itself. "GIVE US MORE ABUSE COMEY (R)! DO IT NOW!!!!" I stand by my statement about the media and Hillary's refusal to take them on, but I've been saying that since 2014, it's just particularly relevant now. I do think she will still win, just based off all the evidence/data and the fact that I'm skeptical the media is going to go another 10 days without at least one avalanche of negative Trump coverage, which will make this seem like a distant memory. But we'll see.

IceSpear has been part of the chicken little crowd during the entire general election.

Are you confusing me with somebody else? I've been predicting a 348-190 Clinton win since March, and have not wavered. The last time I chicken littled was February when I thought the media would install their precious Hispanic Obama as president.

Unless you consider saying "Hillary isn't going to win Texas" or "Hillary isn't going to win by double digits" chicken littling, in which case...LMAO.
No, he isn't confusing anyone for anything. Ebsy is just a miserable person, you see.

Wherein Mr. Melber says absolutely nothing whatsoever about how long the FBI has been in possession of the emails.

So I'll assume the other side is hereby conceding they're making up the myth about the FBI having sat on this to time to release for political purposes.
They started seizing Wiener stuff 5 weeks ago, including this laptop, get it now?
Comey didn't find out about this until yesterday? The Weiner investigation is ongoing. This whole thing developed in like the last 36 hours at most.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #828 on: October 28, 2016, 07:22:48 PM »

Total myth.  Source or stop it.

NYT source says "thousands".

If you want to keep promoting this "three emails" myth, please provide a plausible scenario where Huma only emailed Hillary THREE TIMES IN FOUR YEARS while they worked at the State Department.  C'mon people.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #829 on: October 28, 2016, 07:23:34 PM »

This election cycle has been too long. I for one am glad that it is almost over and we will all know the results very shortly (well, hopefully, let's not have an election like 2000.. meh).

Let's hope we never have another year like this one.

Elections should be more about issues than about personalities.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #830 on: October 28, 2016, 07:24:20 PM »

So.... no one knows, basically, nothing yet, right?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #831 on: October 28, 2016, 07:24:57 PM »

Comey didn't find out about this until yesterday? The Weiner investigation is ongoing. This whole thing developed in like the last 36 hours at most.
Yet they got the laptop about 4 to 5 weeks ago, why would the Agents not say anything until now.  They searched the thing as soon as they got it.

Total myth.  Source or stop it.

If you want to keep promoting this "three emails" myth, please provide a plausible scenario where Huma only emailed Hillary THREE TIMES IN FOUR YEARS while they worked at the State Department.  C'mon people.
It also says that the FBI will at most have to search 10s of those.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #832 on: October 28, 2016, 07:25:57 PM »

Source, please.  Take care to make sure the source includes the fact that they acquired Huma's devices at the same time.  And take care to include sourcing on the fact that the FBI had in fact read and analyzed emails 5 weeks ago.  Just having the device land in the FBI mailbox 5 weeks ago won't be enough to prove your claim.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #833 on: October 28, 2016, 07:26:29 PM »

No, he isn't confusing anyone for anything. Ebsy is just a miserable person, you see.

Regardless, I'm still curious where he got the impression. I know there's another D-PA poster who has predicted the apocolypse about 50 times.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #834 on: October 28, 2016, 07:26:49 PM »

If you want to keep promoting this "three emails" myth, please provide a plausible scenario where Huma only emailed Hillary THREE TIMES IN FOUR YEARS while they worked at the State Department.  C'mon people.

Mailing her 3 times overall is of course implausible.  But if this is on Weiner's laptop (which according to one source it is), it's more plausible that there were only a few emails while Huma was borrowing that laptop.

But we don't KNOW anything.  There's conflicting information flying around all over the place.  There's no reason to objectively think one piece is better than any other until something is released officially. 
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #835 on: October 28, 2016, 07:27:26 PM »

Guys, can we just stop treating deplorables like Sanchez as if they're rational people deserving of respect?

Fascists should be mocked and ridiculed until the point where we need to fight them. There is no need to pretend as if they have thoughts and analysis.

A moderator calling for people with whom he disagrees to be "mocked and ridiculed until the point where we need to fight them."  That's troll-like behavior.  So much for normal discourse.  And then you wonder why conservatives don't post more on this forum.
Wanna-be Nazis who have clearly proclaimed themselves do not get to hide their evil behind a shield of "normal discourse". They get their words and deeds pointed out as wrong and dangerous. Past that, they should be ignored until they attempt to use force to inflict their evil on others. Then they should be shot. Surviving leaders and criminals need to be brought to court, surviving mooks are best pardoned unless they backslide.

You're not a conservative. Any Trump supporters who claim to be are deluded at best.

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #836 on: October 28, 2016, 07:27:36 PM »

From what information is available, none of the emails were sent by Clinton and it is only three emails that the FBI claims were related to the investigation. Not all the emails on the new devices have anything to do with Clinton.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #837 on: October 28, 2016, 07:28:50 PM »

Source, please.  Take care to make sure the source includes the fact that they acquired Huma's devices at the same time.  And take care to include sourcing on the fact that the FBI had in fact read and analyzed emails 5 weeks ago.  Just having the device land in the FBI mailbox 5 weeks ago won't be enough to prove your claim.
I gave it to you, if you don't want to believe it, fine, but don't say I didn't give it to you.  And remember, this was on Weiners stuff, Huma's doesn't matter in this case. 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #838 on: October 28, 2016, 07:29:22 PM »

Yet they got the laptop about 4 to 5 weeks ago, why would the Agents not say anything until now.  They searched the thing as soon as they got it.

Total myth.  Source or stop it.

If you want to keep promoting this "three emails" myth, please provide a plausible scenario where Huma only emailed Hillary THREE TIMES IN FOUR YEARS while they worked at the State Department.  C'mon people.
It is entirely possible that they seized the laptops, copied its contents onto another hard drive (I believe this is what they usually do) then rank the evidence by priority. They have had these for weeks, but they very well might have not started looking into his belongings until now.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #839 on: October 28, 2016, 07:29:31 PM »

Where?  Source, please.

This is what the NYT article says:

"The bureau told Congress on Friday that it had uncovered new emails related to the Clinton case — one federal official said they numbered in the tens of thousands."

www.nytimes.com/2016/10/29/us/politics/fbi-hillary-clinton-email.html
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #840 on: October 28, 2016, 07:29:37 PM »

According to Gloria Borger on CNN, "It's like James Comey set the house on fire and walked away."
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #841 on: October 28, 2016, 07:30:33 PM »

my post may seem unimportant now but if there really is a hearing before the election this is going to be YUGE. Wink
SirMuxALot

« Reply #842 on: October 28, 2016, 07:31:37 PM »

I gave it to you, if you don't want to believe it, fine, but don't say I didn't give it to you.  And remember, this was on Weiners stuff, Huma's doesn't matter in this case. 

No, you gave no source.  If you did, go ahead and re-paste it in here.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #843 on: October 28, 2016, 07:32:27 PM »

Comey needs to get the facts out in the public domain ASAP. clearly the Trump campaign should want this too.
How exactly do you get the facts out quickly when you have to deal with the whole Classified/redaction/confidential mess? If there are tens of thousands of e-mails, good luck with getting that done in 11 days.

Supposedly there's only three emails.
NYT is reporting thousands, which is much, much more than three. Three doesn't make much sense in the grand scheme of things. Obviously whatever device was looked at had something stored on it.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #844 on: October 28, 2016, 07:35:34 PM »

According to Gloria Borger on CNN, "It's like James Comey set the house on fire and walked away."

Well, it's now clear that all FBI employees will be dismissed Jan 21 if Clinton still wins.
The only heads that can roll are likely the department heads and other political appointees. The rank-and-file FBI agents are going nowhere under either a Clinton or Trump administration. It's against the law to fire them for political reasons.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #845 on: October 28, 2016, 07:36:55 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And this is a perfect example why nothing has really stuck to the Clintons the last 25-30s years. The GOP's hackery and partisanship is so open and blatant that everyone can see it.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #846 on: October 28, 2016, 07:37:46 PM »

If there are tens of thousands of emails, then there is no way that Clinton can be indicted in a week, because that many emails take time to review.
Hydera

« Reply #847 on: October 28, 2016, 07:38:09 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2016, 07:41:53 PM by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) »

Comey needs to get the facts out in the public domain ASAP. clearly the Trump campaign should want this too.
How exactly do you get the facts out quickly when you have to deal with the whole Classified/redaction/confidential mess? If there are tens of thousands of e-mails, good luck with getting that done in 11 days.

Supposedly there's only three emails.
NYT is reporting thousands, which is much, much more than three. Three doesn't make much sense in the grand scheme of things. Obviously whatever device was looked at had something stored on it.

The devices in question belonged to Huma and Weiner. FBI is only searching because they want to see if the emails sent to/from Hillary had classified info which is unlikely.

"Now they've got to look at those e-mails and decide whether there is classified information in them and if so, whether that changes the conclusion about whether a crime was committed here in using a private e-mail server to transmit classified information," Williams said.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #848 on: October 28, 2016, 07:41:44 PM »

This is the POINT. No one has even read the f***ing emails yet.

This really is a total beat-up. It will hurt a little around the edges, but as to radically changing the race, no.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #849 on: October 28, 2016, 07:41:56 PM »

She nailed this one.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies