FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:30:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 65
Author Topic: FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation  (Read 86823 times)
ShamDam
ChanDan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: October 28, 2016, 03:44:01 PM »

Do you guys think it's possible that the Weiner connection will mitigate the damage? Since HE'S the interesting part of the story and not the e-mails themselves?
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #601 on: October 28, 2016, 03:44:38 PM »

It could be that the only person negatively affected by this news in the end is Comey.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #602 on: October 28, 2016, 03:45:07 PM »

Do you guys think it's possible that the Weiner connection will mitigate the damage? Since HE'S the interesting part of the story and not the e-mails themselves?

I think the fact that it's not HRC's emails, but rather Huma's, is the largest mitigating factor.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #603 on: October 28, 2016, 03:46:35 PM »

it seems like everyone is deflated since the topic switched to weiner...and i have no clue at all inf this flies with the general public anyway.

as we know, friday afternoons are information graveyards.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #604 on: October 28, 2016, 03:47:25 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2016, 03:50:05 PM by Mike88 »

This. Also, the release of that letter by that congressman could also be classified as wrongdoing, right? Isn't illegal to release information about an ongoing investigation?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #605 on: October 28, 2016, 03:47:58 PM »

I'm getting the feeling that this will hurt Hillary but it won't be enough to lose her the presidency.

Unless we see some other major development yes, it won't.

Still, Hillary is likely to enter the Presidency already having sustained major damage.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #606 on: October 28, 2016, 03:48:34 PM »

I personally think(as a Hillary hack) that since this scandal lasted all of 3 hours, damage will be minimal and that when reported, the Weiner angle will get played up.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #607 on: October 28, 2016, 03:48:39 PM »

So Republicans keep both houses of Congress, Hillary wins but only in a nail-biter, enabling Trumpistas to semi-plausibly claim that the system and the elections is rigged,making her a lame duck on Day 1.

Wonderful.  
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #608 on: October 28, 2016, 03:49:50 PM »

oh, if republicans want to replay gingrich time, let them.

ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #609 on: October 28, 2016, 03:50:00 PM »

So Republicans keep both houses of Congress, Hillary wins but only in a nail-biter, enabling Trumpistas to semi-plausibly claim that the system and the elections is rigged,making her a lame duck on Day 1.

Wonderful.  

It's a bit silly to make this kind of assumption without seeing (a) any polling data and (b) how the story plays out and is reported over the next 24 hours.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #610 on: October 28, 2016, 03:51:10 PM »

Wonderful.  

I think more likely Democrats win the Senate, Republicans keep the house, Hillary wins by somewhere between Obama '12 and Obama '08 numbers. You know, basically what everyone has predicted since June.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #611 on: October 28, 2016, 03:51:47 PM »

I'm getting the feeling that this will hurt Hillary but it won't be enough to lose her the presidency.

Unless we see some other major development yes, it won't.

Still, Hillary is likely to enter the Presidency already having sustained major damage.

we kinda knew whoever was going to win the White House was going to enter it as damaged goods.
Fargobison

« Reply #612 on: October 28, 2016, 03:51:56 PM »

I'm getting the feeling that this will hurt Hillary but it won't be enough to lose her the presidency. Question is though, does it help the republicans bigly in the senate races? This might not be as bad as I first thought (Trump president), but it's still not good...

Definitely a boost in the senate races for the GOP in my opinion. I think the GOP is back at 50/50 in holding it.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #613 on: October 28, 2016, 03:55:41 PM »

Wonderful.  

I think more likely Democrats win the Senate, Republicans keep the house, Hillary wins by somewhere between Obama '12 and Obama '08 numbers. You know, basically what everyone has predicted since June.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #614 on: October 28, 2016, 03:56:34 PM »

This election is like a brick to the head.

I'm getting the feeling that this will hurt Hillary but it won't be enough to lose her the presidency. Question is though, does it help the republicans bigly in the senate races? This might not be as bad as I first thought (Trump president), but it's still not good...

God willing, it hurts Hillary enough to get people to switch over to Senate Republicans en masse and nul to switch to Trump.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #615 on: October 28, 2016, 03:58:08 PM »

Deeply confused as to the idiotic #analysis that leads to "this bizarre episode is good news for random Senate Republicans but not for Hillary Clinton's opponent".
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #616 on: October 28, 2016, 03:59:05 PM »

Clinton spokesman @brianefallon calls on FBI Director Comey to hold another press conference if necessary to release more info to the public
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/792106653160239104
Fusionmunster

« Reply #617 on: October 28, 2016, 03:59:43 PM »

Clinton spokesman @brianefallon calls on FBI Director Comey to hold another press conference if necessary to release more info to the public
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/792106653160239104

He needs to.
Fargobison

« Reply #618 on: October 28, 2016, 04:00:56 PM »

Deeply confused as to the idiotic #analysis that leads to "this bizarre episode is good news for random Senate Republicans but not for Hillary Clinton's opponent".

It helps Trump a bit but he is running behind a lot of these GOP senate candidates.
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #619 on: October 28, 2016, 04:01:55 PM »

It helps Trump a bit but he is running behind a lot of these GOP senate candidates.

Exactly
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #620 on: October 28, 2016, 04:03:05 PM »

This election is like a brick to the head.

God willing, it hurts Hillary enough to get people to switch over to Senate Republicans en masse and nul to switch to Trump.

God is not going help unclean spirits.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #621 on: October 28, 2016, 04:04:49 PM »

Wonderful.  

It's a bit silly to make this kind of assumption without seeing (a) any polling data and (b) how the story plays out and is reported over the next 24 hours.

Granted I am venting my frustration, but even if you look at this story in the cold light of logic, this won't play well for the Clinton campaign and congressional Democrats.  It remains to be seen how much damage this story will cause.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #622 on: October 28, 2016, 04:06:17 PM »

it is mindboggling for me that such an abstract matter would influence senate seats.

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #623 on: October 28, 2016, 04:07:02 PM »

For heaven's sake, this damn stupid story only matters to the crazy nuts and Nazis already voting for Trump. These were not even Clinton's emails or on her server and the FBI Director is likely going to be the one in trouble, not Hillary Clinton.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #624 on: October 28, 2016, 04:08:41 PM »

Wonderful.  

Granted I am venting my frustration, but even if you look at this story in the cold light of logic, this won't play well for the Clinton campaign and congressional Democrats.  It remains to be seen how much damage this story will cause.

That's right, it remains to be seen. Instead you jumped to the worst possible conclusion.

Look, I'm not saying this news didn't make me nervous as well, of course it did. But I've been round this block enough times to know that you have to watch how big the ripples are from each splash before you start panicking. Quite often those ripples aren't as big as they first seem (this was even true of the Access Hollywood tape).
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies