FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 10:04:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 65
Author Topic: FBI Reviewing Clinton emails news: LATEST - Emails from Weiner investigation  (Read 87164 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1200 on: October 29, 2016, 08:01:15 PM »

SpinSpinSpinSpinSpin

Amazing how fast Democrats are turning on our "institutions" when a week ago they were 'horrified' as Trump did the same.

I asked this two times and I'm still waiting for an answer: don't you find it a little strange that no big name Republican is out there defending Comey?

I don't know.  Is it telling that Joe Biden came out and defended him today?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/29/joe-biden-says-fbi-director-james-comey-straight-g/

Thank you for again reminding me why Obama was an idiot for picking this guy as VP.
mark_twain
United States

« Reply #1201 on: October 29, 2016, 08:01:28 PM »

It's only what I'm seeing online (Twitter & Facebook, so obviously not a great sample) but I'm sensing a building wave of anger among Democrats.

To be honest, what you are sensing indeed makes a lot of sense.

News article comes out on Friday reminding voters of Clinton's e-mail controversy. It turns out that the new piece of news is nothing, after all, but while bringing up the topic, voters now realize that the entire e-mail controversy was trivial from the beginning.

The entire investigation by the FBI was a complete waste of time, it seems now...
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1202 on: October 29, 2016, 08:01:46 PM »

SpinSpinSpinSpinSpin

Amazing how fast Democrats are turning on our "institutions" when a week ago they were 'horrified' as Trump did the same.

It's not the institutions, it's Comey. None of this passes the legitimacy test and looks shady as can be. Trump's rantings are narcissistic, paranoid nonsense, whereas the concerns over Comey are realistic.

You're all calling into question the integrity of the FBI.  So much for all that stuff about respecting American institutions!  When they go against Hillary, then it's too far!
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1203 on: October 29, 2016, 08:01:57 PM »

SpinSpinSpinSpinSpin

I asked this two times and I'm still waiting for an answer: don't you find it a little strange that no big name Republican is out there defending Comey?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/29/joe-biden-says-fbi-director-james-comey-straight-g/

Biden was not aware of the emails at the time of his statement.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1204 on: October 29, 2016, 08:02:59 PM »

SpinSpinSpinSpinSpin

Says who?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1205 on: October 29, 2016, 08:04:36 PM »

SpinSpinSpinSpinSpin

Says who?

Says the article linked:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1206 on: October 29, 2016, 08:05:23 PM »

So let me get this straight, because this is confusing...

apparently, the FBI is still in discussion with the Justice Department and still hasn't gotten a warrant because they don't have "probable cause" for a warrant...meaning, they have no idea what's in any emails that might or might not be on the device. They just predict there's a non-zero chance there might be emails, which might or might not be related to the old investigation. And they might or might not be allowed to check the emails, because there might or might not have a good enough reason to ever even get a warrant.

Is this right?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1207 on: October 29, 2016, 08:05:40 PM »

SpinSpinSpinSpinSpin

I don't know.  

Cut the BS.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1208 on: October 29, 2016, 08:07:32 PM »

SpinSpinSpinSpinSpin

Says who?

Says the article linked:

Yeah, you're right.  I don't really see how that changes anything though.  They found Hillary's emails on the laptop.  Why would that change biden's thinking.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1209 on: October 29, 2016, 08:10:01 PM »

SpinSpinSpinSpinSpin

Says who?

Says the article linked:

Yeah, you're right.  I don't really see how that changes anything though.  They found Hillary's emails on the laptop.  Why would that change biden's thinking.

No, they found Huma's emails which may, or may not, have been to Hillary Clinton.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1210 on: October 29, 2016, 08:10:26 PM »

SpinSpinSpinSpinSpin

I don't know.  

Cut the BS.

No?  Hillary is going to be a fine President, but this pathetic attempt to discredit the FBI for partisan reasons is bad.  
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1211 on: October 29, 2016, 08:10:40 PM »

They found Hillary's emails on the laptop. 

No they didn't.
But keep lying like that and one day you might become the Republican nominee for president.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1212 on: October 29, 2016, 08:11:31 PM »

SpinSpinSpinSpinSpin

I don't know.  

Cut the BS.

Not really.  Big name Republicans want Trump to lose, but they don't want the trail to lead to them.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1213 on: October 29, 2016, 08:11:50 PM »

SpinSpinSpinSpinSpin

Says who?

Says the article linked:

No, they found Huma's emails which may, or may not, have been to Hillary Clinton.

Exactly, they know nothing of what's on Wiener's computer.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1214 on: October 29, 2016, 08:12:38 PM »

SpinSpinSpinSpinSpin

I don't know.  

Cut the BS.

No?  Hillary is going to be a fine President, but this pathetic attempt to discredit the FBI for partisan reasons is bad.  

Nobody is discrediting the FBI, so stop clutching your pearls so hard.
As a matter of fact, according to the reports FBI agents and leadership alike are livid with Comey over his handling of the case.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1215 on: October 29, 2016, 08:13:27 PM »

SpinSpinSpinSpinSpin

It's not the institutions, it's Comey. None of this passes the legitimacy test and looks shady as can be. Trump's rantings are narcissistic, paranoid nonsense, whereas the concerns over Comey are realistic.

You're all calling into question the integrity of the FBI.  So much for all that stuff about respecting American institutions!  When they go against Hillary, then it's too far!

I don't have an opinion yet on whether the FBI has engaged in questionable behavior; there is far too little hard information available at this time to make any such determination.  But you are wrong to suggest that it's disrespectful to ask questions about any government institution, or to condemn them if they have engaged in wrongdoing.  It is the right of all people to question their government.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #1216 on: October 29, 2016, 08:13:29 PM »

SpinSpinSpinSpinSpin

I don't know.  

Cut the BS.

As far as I've seen, most of the complaints are about one person in particular (Comey), not the FBI in general.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1217 on: October 29, 2016, 08:15:14 PM »

SpinSpinSpinSpinSpin

Says who?

Says the article linked:

None of us knows what they actually have or don't have at this point.  You can find a source that says anything about this that you like.  Wait for some official information.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1218 on: October 29, 2016, 08:16:01 PM »

No they didn't.
But keep lying like that and one day you might become the Republican nominee for president.

Well, I stand corrected kind of.  Nobody knows who's emails they are.  It hasn't been announced.  So you're wrong on that.
Hydera

« Reply #1219 on: October 29, 2016, 08:18:56 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2016, 08:23:36 PM by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) »

So let me get this straight, because this is confusing...

apparently, the FBI is still in discussion with the Justice Department and still hasn't gotten a warrant because they don't have "probable cause" for a warrant...meaning, they have no idea what's in any emails that might or might not be on the device. They just predict there's a non-zero chance there might be emails, which might or might not be related to the old investigation. And they might or might not be allowed to check the emails, because there might or might not have a good enough reason to ever even get a warrant.

Is this right?

This story is so bundled up.

So they are looking into Anthony Weiner's devices because of the sexting scandal. Turns out Huma used Weiner's computer to email Hillary and Hillary sent emails to her and this part is disputed which is why comey effed up by being vague and leaving a email right on friday so the earliest he'd have to explain would be on MONDAY because its the weekend which allows for maximum damage to the Hillary campaign without clarification since the media loves to fill in the void with speculation.

So now huma is involved in weiner's scandal because she used his computer. Theres three things their now investigating.

1. Mainly Weiner's emails/devices pertaining to the sexting scandal.

2. Second, Whether Huma had classified emails on Weiner's devices(laptop+smartphones). Which would be her fault but unlikely because she would not have gotten them.

3. Third if there are any classified emails from Huma to and/or from Hillary that was not found from the original investigation which would be unlikely because they already checked it and its likely that any emails from Hillary to Huma would be the ones that were already searched from the original investigation and also Huma wouldn't of been sent classified emails.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1220 on: October 29, 2016, 08:20:40 PM »

No they didn't.

Well, I stand corrected kind of.  Nobody knows who's emails they are.  It hasn't been announced.  So you're wrong on that.

No, according to reports they know there aren't any e-mails from or to Clinton.
Keep trying.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1221 on: October 29, 2016, 08:21:48 PM »

No they didn't.

Keep trying.

And this search was illegal and potentially unconstitutional.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1222 on: October 29, 2016, 08:23:46 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2016, 08:26:06 PM by ApatheticAustrian »

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/792535787833331712

Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1223 on: October 29, 2016, 08:24:11 PM »

No they didn't.

Keep trying.

You have absolutely no facts.  This debate is pointless.  The truth will come out in time
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1224 on: October 29, 2016, 08:27:15 PM »

You have absolutely no facts.  This debate is pointless.  The truth will come out in time

no, not "in time" and that's the problem.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies