Skybridge for President!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 02:24:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Skybridge for President!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Skybridge for President!  (Read 1542 times)
skybridge
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 05, 2005, 12:02:37 PM »

Well, since I always wanted to make a thread like this and doing it now will be forever excusable by "everybody did it then!" how would do I?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 02:41:15 PM »

1. What position do you "currently" hold?
2. What are your policies on:

a) Taxation
b) Healthcare
c) Social Security
d) Guns
e) Abortion
f) The Economy
g) Foriegn stuff
skybridge
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 03:22:32 PM »

a) Taxation
b) Healthcare
c) Social Security
d) Guns
e) Abortion
f) The Economy
g) Foriegn stuff

1. Hmm. Governor of MA. Iron-willed like Andrew Jackson, youthful like John F. Kennedy with an intellectual side.
2. My policies
a) Taxation -- I absolutely DO NOT believe in Laffarian economics, so I favor taxing the producer rather than the consumer.
b) Healthcare -- Should be realistically available to all. It shouldn't force it on anybody but if the only way to meet that provision is by the government providing it, then the government should.
c) Social Security -- Pretty much the same as healthcare. If any country should be able to AFFORD to provide for all its citizens it's the USA!
d) Guns -- I favor restrictions. A gun by definition is a weapon and allowing everyone access to a weapon is almost tantamount to the impeachable offense of "levying war on the United States."
e) Abortion -- Should always be legal. Roe vs. Wade will not be overturned on my watch, especially not out of any religious justification.
f) The Economy -- Kind of goes with what I said about taxation. I would try to continue the Clintonian investment economics to be able to provide for all.
g) Foreign stuff -- I would try to be on good terms with the rest of the world. I might even try some more humanitarian efforts, though if necessary would resort to military action if there was REALLY no alternative.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 01:08:49 PM »

skybridge
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 01:39:04 PM »

I'd lose Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin? Sad
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 01:46:35 PM »

"Abortion should always be legal."  That would kill you.  Only like 20% of the public agrees with that.
skybridge
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 01:48:26 PM »

"Abortion should always be legal."  That would kill you.  Only like 20% of the public agrees with that.

I didn't put any high hopes in the evangelical base, but Michigan and Pennsylvania have some urban areas.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 01:53:24 PM »

I didn't put any high hopes in the evangelical base, but Michigan and Pennsylvania have some urban areas.
You wouldnt lose PA on my watch Smiley
skybridge
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 02:13:19 PM »

Thanks, you could be my running mate if you like.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 02:35:58 PM »

Thanks, you could be my running mate if you like.
Cheesy yay! Cheesy
skybridge
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 03:24:52 PM »

Alright, so I guess we'll lock up Pennsylvania--and I assume Wisconsin and Michigan as well. If we can flip anymore states I'll be seeing you in the White House.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 03:30:01 PM »

Alright, so I guess we'll lock up Pennsylvania--and I assume Wisconsin and Michigan as well. If we can flip anymore states I'll be seeing you in the White House.

You can stay in dream world if you want but you'd lose in a Mondale landslide.
skybridge
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2005, 03:54:35 PM »

You can stay in dream world if you want but you'd lose in a Mondale landslide.

Make that McGovern if you please.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2005, 04:13:14 PM »

If we can flip anymore states I'll be seeing you in the White House.
i better start packing my stuff! Smiley
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 09:13:29 AM »

a) Taxation
b) Healthcare
c) Social Security
d) Guns
e) Abortion
f) The Economy
g) Foriegn stuff

1. Hmm. Governor of MA. Iron-willed like Andrew Jackson, youthful like John F. Kennedy with an intellectual side.
2. My policies
a) Taxation -- I absolutely DO NOT believe in Laffarian economics, so I favor taxing the producer rather than the consumer.
b) Healthcare -- Should be realistically available to all. It shouldn't force it on anybody but if the only way to meet that provision is by the government providing it, then the government should.
c) Social Security -- Pretty much the same as healthcare. If any country should be able to AFFORD to provide for all its citizens it's the USA!
d) Guns -- I favor restrictions. A gun by definition is a weapon and allowing everyone access to a weapon is almost tantamount to the impeachable offense of "levying war on the United States."
e) Abortion -- Should always be legal. Roe vs. Wade will not be overturned on my watch, especially not out of any religious justification.
f) The Economy -- Kind of goes with what I said about taxation. I would try to continue the Clintonian investment economics to be able to provide for all.
g) Foreign stuff -- I would try to be on good terms with the rest of the world. I might even try some more humanitarian efforts, though if necessary would resort to military action if there was REALLY no alternative.

While I can safely say I quite agree with your economic platform - you'll get killed on social issues. I don't think a moderate running mate would be much help either since folk primarily vote for the top of the ticket

I expect the GOP would score significant goals against you, especially Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin . No "red" states are going your way any time soon

Dave
skybridge
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005, 09:52:05 AM »

a) Taxation
b) Healthcare
c) Social Security
d) Guns
e) Abortion
f) The Economy
g) Foriegn stuff

2. My policies

While I can safely say I quite agree with your economic platform - you'll get killed on social issues. I don't think a moderate running mate would be much help either since folk primarily vote for the top of the ticket

I expect the GOP would score significant goals against you, especially Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin . No "red" states are going your way any time soon

Dave

In spite of that, you don't think I could put up a better fight than John Kerry? Oh well, so long as I win the Northeast...
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2005, 10:00:35 AM »

a) Taxation
b) Healthcare
c) Social Security
d) Guns
e) Abortion
f) The Economy
g) Foriegn stuff

2. My policies

Dave

In spite of that, you don't think I could put up a better fight than John Kerry? Oh well, so long as I win the Northeast...

I think you'd work very hard at it and put up a good fight. I just can't see overtly social liberals gaining ground on the GOP. You might fair better if you can ensure economic issues set  the agenda - especially, if economic woes beset the GOP

Social issues are just too salient nowadays - and that favours the GOP. In a polarised election, liberal Democrats are generally going to lose out to conservative Republicans

Dave
skybridge
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2005, 05:16:10 AM »

a) Taxation
b) Healthcare
c) Social Security
d) Guns
e) Abortion
f) The Economy
g) Foriegn stuff

2. My policies

Dave

I think you'd work very hard at it and put up a good fight. I just can't see overtly social liberals gaining ground on the GOP. You might fair better if you can ensure economic issues set  the agenda - especially, if economic woes beset the GOP

Social issues are just too salient nowadays - and that favours the GOP. In a polarised election, liberal Democrats are generally going to lose out to conservative Republicans

Dave

Mmm, thanks.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies