2016: President Mitt Romney vs Sec. Hillary Clinton (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:27:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016: President Mitt Romney vs Sec. Hillary Clinton (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins?
Hillary by landslide

Hillary comfortably

Hillary narrowly

Romney narrowly

Romney comfortably

Romney by landslide

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 113

Author Topic: 2016: President Mitt Romney vs Sec. Hillary Clinton  (Read 5547 times)
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

« on: August 04, 2021, 01:39:21 PM »

It would depend on his approval rating. If Romney goes in with Obama-level approval ratings of around 60%, he'd easily win the Trump states plus Colorado, Nevada, Minnesota, New Hampshire, ME-AL and either narrowly win or lose Delaware and Virginia. I think he'd also perform at Bush 2004 levels along The West Coast and get within single digits of taking Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New Jersey. While people may be puzzled of the first two, people seem to forget how popular of a governor Mitt was in Massachusetts and I anticipate he'd have high approval ratings for a Republican in that state, as well as neighboring Rhode Island. The only states Romney would lose by double digits would be the Democratic strongholds of Illinois (plus Clinton's homestate advtange), Obama's homestate of Hawaii, Maryland with a lot of federal workers, and her adoptive homestate of New York. At the same time if Dems take back the house in 2014 and it becomes a lame duck, I can see Romney losing by around what the polls predicted Trump would lose by. The more likely scenario is that he does slightly worse than Trump (switching NV, CO, NH+ME with MI+PA).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies