NC Yankee: A Covert Ops Game Mechanic?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:32:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NC Yankee: A Covert Ops Game Mechanic?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC Yankee: A Covert Ops Game Mechanic?  (Read 305 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2016, 11:32:46 PM »

Hilton Garden Inn
Portsmouth, NH
10:00 PM EST Oct 20th, 2016

Back when Sjoyce was the Secretary of External Affairs , what we would call Secretary of State today, he would send to various officials, including the President, Vice President, The Senate PPT (myself) and Senate NSC Committee Chair and some others, classified memos on a particular event happening in the world.

I got thinking after I responded to Speaker NeverAgain’s question to me about the Ukrainian Freedom Bill and I mentioned the use of covert operations against say Russia in this case, but it could be against ISIS as well or anything like that. In terms of a game mechanic there is certainly a potential here in my opinion as far as having a Covert Operations Simulation within the Game Moderation system.

The Senate would appropriate a certain amount for cover operations, the Game Moderator or someone could assign costs and then the Administration through the President and Secretary of State could setup such operations and then notify the Game Moderator as well as the Senate PPT and House Speaker through similarly classified memos abut what had been done. The Game Moderator would after a time report on the impacts of these actions be they positive or negative and then the administration would have to react to that new situation and answer questions from both the public and Congress on the actions taken, and why and how the administration plans to move forward.

This presents the game in my opinion with an opportunity to more fully integrate foreign stories into the game and improve game play. It also brings the kind of productive interaction between the President, Cabinet, Game Moderator, Congress and the People that would be of great benefit to our present situation where all such areas seem to be lacking in the interactivity department.

As I said earlier when the idea for regional party systems being brought back was floated as a result of an endorsement from Governor Jbrase, I likewise will reiterate the importance of such creative idea generation and the important that creativity has in the game moderation system to ensure a fun and interactive game. I would love to bring such creativity and innovation to our game as your President and I hope to be able to earn your vote this weekend, to make this truly A More Welcoming Atlasia!
Enduro
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 03:12:53 PM »

Amazing idea!!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies