Announcement: Better One Month Early Than Never!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:40:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Announcement: Better One Month Early Than Never!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Announcement: Better One Month Early Than Never!  (Read 379 times)
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 19, 2016, 06:16:14 PM »

On the Steps of the Southern Capitol, Memphis, Tennessee

Ladies and gentlemen, thank you. Thank you for coming here. Ladies and gentlemen, it is great to be back here in Tennessee. I remember many of you from when I was just a young wunderkind legislator. Back then, I barely was able to get into the legislature. My accomplishments, however, was that of gaining relationships with insiders. However, many months later, I was called to back to the private sector. Seeing that my work was barely able to be accomplished in the public sector, I decided to head back to the private sector to know what it's like to be one of you. One of the many Atlasians who work hard and get paid. The Atlasian people get by just barely. I listened, and lived, life as an average Atlasian.

I stood by as I watched Atlasia be plagued by inactivity. Endured, as we all did, in our darkest hour some two years ago this month. I watched as our Constitution was rewritten. While I thought that my days in politics were over, I heard the call once more. I heard the call that many young individuals hear. I stood back and watched. Well ladies and gentlemen, I must not stand by any more. Today is the day that we stand up for, not just ourselves, but for those who cannot stand for themselves. We have to make the wave of reform and deregulation in this nation. It is time for the free market to be truly free. It is time to abandon partisanship, and cherish ideologies as we better Atlasia. Ladies and gentlemen, this starts here. This starts now. I hereby announce my intention to run for the Southern Legislature.

Make no mistake on my intentions. I will fight for the people of the South. I've lived your life, now it's time to fight for it. What does that mean?

First, we're gonna stop spending indescriminately. As a legislator, I will make it my duty to oversee what parts of the Southern budget needs to stay, or needs to be reduced. If we're not gonna have it in Nyman, we can have it in Nashville.

Second, we're gonna reform the tax codes. Like in the budget, I will personally oversee what needs to be reduced, and what can stay. We need to make sure that crony capitalism will not exist in the South. We will make sure that the Southron's wallet will be protected.

Third, we're gonna make sure that we are going to ensure a pro-job, pro-growth economic environment will exist in the South. It's simple logic: the best way to stop employment is more jobs. We are going to ensure that the long-term unemployed will get a job. We will stop at nothing to ensure a job for every Southron.

Fourth, we are going to hold civil liberties and civil rights to the highest regard. The South has been infamous in its neglection of those who hold their security and rights most dear. It is imperitive that we not abandon religious rights as well. While it is impossible to make every person happy, I will make it my mission to make sure our values as Atlasians will not be threatened in the South. We will make sure that the rights of the living, the nearly dead, and nearly born are all cherished throughout our region.

Fifth and finally, we are going to make sure that every child, from age five to seventeen, will be given the right of education. The right to know is what separates Atlasia from any other nation. An informed, angry public demanding the Constitutional republic it was promised is the government's number one fear. And it should be. The Academic World demands innovation, freedom, and flexibility. We need school choice. We need the parents and students choosing where they would get their education. We need programs that ensure the right of education. Through that, the government will be in check.

Invention of bills alone does not solve the problems of today. What we need is innovation. That is how we can solve problems in the public sector. That's what they do in the private sector. Innovation of policy is what we can do to forward the movement that we are making. That is how we can solve the problems that Atlasia has today. A Constitutional Convention does not solve everything. However, the Atlasian people innovating can solve it. The best of Atlasia can solve the worst problems.

We need leaders who know not just insiders, but who know what it's like to be in the private sector. We need a warrior of the people. I retired so that I could be near to my family and to the everyday Southern Atlasian. I've come to recognize that we need deregulation. We need social protection. We need someone to fight for the People of the South. That is why I retired, so that I could be near to my family and to the everyday Southern Atlasian. I've come to recognize that we need deregulation. We need social protection. We need someone to fight for the People of the South. That is what I will do in the Legislature. That starts today.

Thank you! Dave bless you! Dave bless the South! And may Dave bless the Republic of Atlasia!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 06:38:59 PM »

You seem like you'd be an active participant in the South! I look forward to seeing your progress in this race. Good luck!
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 06:44:20 PM »

You seem like you'd be an active participant in the South! I look forward to seeing your progress in this race. Good luck!

Thank you Mr. Speaker! Regardless of political differences, it is good to have well wishes. Post-partisanship Atlasia should start sometime, why not now. Smiley
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 11:44:29 PM »

Endorsed for high preference!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 02:54:04 AM »

Good to see people who are motivated to run for a seat in the regional legislature. Endorsed!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies