University of Nevada POTUS debate at 9pm ET **live commentary thread**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:11:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  University of Nevada POTUS debate at 9pm ET **live commentary thread**
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Author Topic: University of Nevada POTUS debate at 9pm ET **live commentary thread**  (Read 14067 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 19, 2016, 10:24:25 AM »

Final presidential debate is tonight at 9pm ET.  Venue is the University of Nevada in Las Vegas.  Chris Wallace is moderating.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-third-presidential-debate-229804

You must be logged in to read this quote.

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 10:26:07 AM »

Oh dear
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 10:30:25 AM »

Trump almost looks handsome there.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 10:34:06 AM »

He looks like what Alan Rickman would look like if he were playing Trump in a movie.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 10:37:15 AM »

An interesting suggestion for a Trump Hail Mary tonight, at the debate, from the NY Post:

http://nypost.com/2016/10/18/this-hail-mary-move-could-save-donald-trumps-campaign/

Here is a key passage:

"...Here’s why humility must be central to his game plan.

First, it would be a surprise. Ready to rumble at the drop of an insult, Trump could benefit from a change of tone. ......some who remain undecided or say they will vote for a minor-party candidate, have been waiting for Trump to win them over by acting more consistently presidential, but are losing confidence that he can be anything other than a brawler and insult machine. Trump’s challenge is to earn a second look from them......He must show them that he understands their doubts and is ready for the awesome responsibility that comes with the Oval Office. He needs to win their confidence before he can win their votes....Call it a test of character or temperament or fitness. I call it heart, and Trump must finally reveal his...."

We'll see if he does (try) to take this advice.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 10:47:43 AM »

An interesting suggestion for a Trump Hail Mary tonight, at the debate, from the NY Post:

http://nypost.com/2016/10/18/this-hail-mary-move-could-save-donald-trumps-campaign/

Here is a key passage:

First, it would be a surprise. Ready to rumble at the drop of an insult, Trump could benefit from a change of tone. ......some who remain undecided or say they will vote for a minor-party candidate, have been waiting for Trump to win them over by acting more consistently presidential, but are losing confidence that he can be anything other than a brawler and insult machine. Trump’s challenge is to earn a second look from them......He must show them that he understands their doubts and is ready for the awesome responsibility that comes with the Oval Office. He needs to win their confidence before he can win their votes....Call it a test of character or temperament or fitness. I call it heart, and Trump must finally reveal his...."

This debate will not have the viewership to successfully perform a Hail Mary.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 10:53:15 AM »

I wish they would have the balls to cut off mics if they go 5 seconds over their allotted answer time. Have the buzzer clearly go off, they have a couple of seconds to finish their sentence, and then cut them and move on. Cmon Chris if you don't want to be a pushover then enforce the speaking times.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 11:00:01 AM »

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 11:09:44 AM »

Here is a key passage:

This being exactly what everyone sane thought he'd do for the other two debates...
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 11:13:59 AM »

Given his guest list, he's not coming sane. He's coming in twice as unhinged and extremely desperate.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 11:18:41 AM »

Here is a key passage:

He can't/won't.

First, because of how it would play with his cult. They'd think he'd gone soft, given up, caved it and he'd pay at the polls. The loss in frothing cultists would remove any advantage he'd get from winning over undecideds.

And second, because he has neither the wit nor self-control to execute such a strategy. Oh, maybe he'll be stoked to the gills on mood stabilizers, and even agree to it before hand. But he gets out there on stage and if he's still conscious he's going to go for attacks and brags. Because that's what he's done his whole life. That's all he knows, and all there is to him.

He's certainly not going to say his bits and then shut up, no matter how much it would benefit him. His ego is to huge for that. He's going to stand at the bottom of the pit he's dug and keep scraping up handfuls of crap and trying to throw them at his opponent. He's too insane and too stupid to realize that he's only digging the hole a little deeper and covering himself in filth.

The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 11:27:03 AM »

I like this promo image better:

Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 11:33:47 AM »

Here is a key passage:

He had to be on drugs to do that. Cheesy
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2016, 11:55:27 AM »

Am I the only one who actually thinks Wallace will be a pretty decent moderator?
F_S_USATN

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 12:22:19 PM »

“Ailes’s camp said Ailes learned that Trump couldn’t focus—surprise, surprise—and that advising him was a waste of time,” Sherman said. “These debate prep sessions weren’t going anywhere.”

On the Trump side, Ellison said the story is different: “Even for the second debate, Ailes kept going off on tangents and talking about his war stories while he was supposed to be prepping Trump.”

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/10/roger-ailes-donald-trump-no-longer-speak?mbid=social_twitter

Big question is what was the girl's name?
Baki
Rookie
Croatia

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2016, 12:51:53 PM »

Am I the only one who actually thinks Wallace will be a pretty decent moderator?

No.
I have a gut feeling he will do just fine.
Lets hope I'm not wrong.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 01:15:41 PM »

I'm not sure.  I kind of picture him as a Matt Lauer type who will easily get pushed around by Trump and won't be brave enough to call him out on his lies.

To his credit, Wallace is one the only, if not the only, morning show host to refuse to allow Trump to do call ins.
Lolasknives
Rookie

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2016, 01:53:15 PM »

I want her to make him cry on national TV tonight. No better way to wrap up this hellish campaign than showing what a laughable shadow of a man Drumpf really is. She should also tell him to his disgusting pumpkin face she will take all his assets after the election and leave him penniless. I want him to know he's going to lose everything he ever loved and worked for, and there is absolutely nothing he can do about it.

Maybe it's illegal, yeah. Ask me if I care. We can make an exception just for Drumpf and his rotten family. Just this once.

I really, really, REALLY hate this walking pile of fascist crap. Seeing him lose bigly and slink away isn't nearly enough. Obama and Hillary need to make him PAY for his year of terrorizing decent people.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2016, 02:03:38 PM »

I want her to make him cry on national TV tonight. No better way to wrap up this hellish campaign than showing what a laughable shadow of a man Drumpf really is. She should also tell him to his disgusting pumpkin face she will take all his assets after the election and leave him penniless. I want him to know he's going to lose everything he ever loved and worked for, and there is absolutely nothing he can do about it.

Maybe it's illegal, yeah. Ask me if I care. We can make an exception just for Drumpf and his rotten family. Just this once.

I really, really, REALLY hate this walking pile of fascist crap. Seeing him lose bigly and slink away isn't nearly enough. Obama and Hillary need to make him PAY for his year of terrorizing decent people.

Let go of your hate. Don't let the dark side consume you...
"New Labour, New Danger"
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2016, 02:23:22 PM »

Let go of your hate. Don't let the dark side consume you...
"New Labour, New Danger"

It's a joke.
Am I not participating in the extension of humour and self gratification too?

Yeah, I just found the juxtaposition funny.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2016, 02:39:52 PM »

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2016, 02:52:58 PM »

I don't think Clinton wants Trump completely out of the woods yet -  and I suspect this debate leads to Trump's first ever draw, giving Trump hope before another oppo dump occurs.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2016, 03:21:30 PM »

Trump wearing the Confederate battle flag? Hmmm....
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2016, 03:56:27 PM »

I don't think Clinton wants Trump completely out of the woods yet -  and I suspect this debate leads to Trump's first ever draw, giving Trump hope before another oppo dump occurs.
Why not?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2016, 03:57:09 PM »

Why not?

You still want supporters to actually go and vote.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies