NC GOP Office FireBombed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:59:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NC GOP Office FireBombed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: NC GOP Office FireBombed  (Read 3155 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2016, 02:57:15 PM »

don't call it a hoax as long as there is no evidence.

there are enough drunken idiots and assholes on all sites for such a thing to happen.

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2016, 02:59:24 PM »

Any leads yet? I'd wager it was most likely a disgruntled Trump supporter angry at the Republican Party establishment. Although, it could also have been a Clinton supporter - but I am less confident about that.
The words "Nazi Republicans get out of town" was spray-painted on the side of the building.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article108627627.html

That doesn't sound like something an actual disgruntled Clinton supporter would spray paint. It's too obvious.

"It's too obvious"?  This isn't a murder mystery novel.  I expect they mean what they said.

Perhaps they were just being sarcastic.

Regardless of who the terrorists are, this is the inevitable result of spending a year treating Treasonous Trump like he was a serious candidate, instead of the hateful reality-tv whack-job and con-man he actually is.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2016, 02:59:39 PM »

This, but I'd be lying if I said this didn't make me think of the Reichstag fire.  

Whether a lunatic on our side did this or it is a Reichstag fire situation, I hope the police apprehend the guilty individual(s)
elcorazon

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2016, 03:02:10 PM »

whoever did this is certainly among the deplorables, whether they know it or not.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2016, 03:02:16 PM »

This, but I'd be lying if I said this didn't make me think of the Reichstag fire.  

Whether a lunatic on our side did this or it is a Reichstag fire situation, I hope the police apprehend the guilty individual(s)

Agreed!
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2016, 03:02:27 PM »

Wow.  Ima pray for you.  That you rid the hate in your heart.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2016, 03:02:59 PM »

This is in the second most Democratic county in the state and it includes parts of Durham and Chapel Hill Univerisity.

Liberals in the US usually go to this kind of violence first, then say "oh it's not us!" when it gets ugly. Worst I've seen from the Trump supporters is some fisticuffs. 

Occupy Wall Street, BLM are/were violent.  Tea Party rallies and Trump rallies have not been, mostly. 
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2016, 03:04:48 PM »

Awful, hopefully no one was hurt.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2016, 03:08:28 PM »

especially since whoever did this, obviously doesn't seem to mind a trump presidency....as i said: idiots on all sites.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2016, 03:14:30 PM »

Obviously there is no place in America for targeted property destruction of political party HQs regardless of the political motivation or identity of the perps.

My suspicion is that this was the action of a disgruntled individual(s) that do not identify with either major political party, but are externalizing their own personal issues against a symbolic target that they view as responsible for some grand external evil plan of which they are somehow a victim.

Such actions are particularly dangerous in parts of the South, where there is a long and deep history of racist murders committed by White Supremacists, of which one of the more recent and infamous incidents was the Greensboro massacre of 1979.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greensboro_massacre

My fear is that we will see more such incidents, including random physical assaults on people-of-color from Right-Wing racists, pipe-bombs placed outside of Democratic Party HQs, windows smashed and graffiti of Republican Party HQs, not to mention an increase in to what we have already seen of property damage against owners of homes and cars that have Clinton and Trump respective bumperstickers and yard signs.

This is not good for Democracy folks....

nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2016, 03:32:56 PM »

Wow, my home county. Outrageous, regardless of who did it. It is a decent chance that it was done by a far-rightist, mad at the GOP and/or trying to make Democrats/liberals look bad.

Given all the violence and rhetoric coming from Trump this election, the GOP is at least partly to blame, either way.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2016, 03:35:20 PM »

Wow, my home county. Outrageous, regardless of who did it. It is a decent chance that it was done by a far-rightist, mad at the GOP and/or trying to make Democrats/liberals look bad.

Given all the violence and rhetoric coming from Trump this election, the GOP is at least partly to blame, either way.

Blaming the victim.  Terrible.  If this was a Democratic office, people would be calling for martial law.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2016, 03:41:16 PM »

With the rhetoric of so many Democrats on here and all across the country, this was bound to happen.  When you call other Americans Nazis and "deplorable", crazy people are going to get crazy ideas.

I will always call Nazi's, Fascists, and White supremacists deplorable.

Personally, I don't believe Trump fits either of those three categories, nor do the vast majority of his supporters that are generally decent Americans, with whom I deeply and profoundly disagree with on so many issues.

What is dangerous is when you have a major party candidate in 2016 using racist dog whistles from the late '60s/early '70s, who talks about "mass deportations" as a realistic foreign policy position, who has never disavowed his extremely vocal alt.right and White Nationalist supporters, and even retweeted multiple times posts from some of these individuals.

There was a Black man recently murdered in the Portland Metro at the hands of White Supremacists...

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2016/10/larnell_bruce_family.html#incart_2box

Although this likely has nothing to do directly with the current election, there has been a significant increase in Hate Crimes, including murder, over the past year, as well as a significant surge of Right-Wing domestic terrorism, where for the first time in decades there is a major party candidate who appears to be turning a blind eye towards the racist extremist Right.

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2016, 03:47:57 PM »

Given the uptick in violence in the past months, the likelihood that this was the result of left-wing terror is perhaps greater than in the past few decades. That said, the likelihood of right-wing terror has probably been higher throughout that time, and remains so or has seen an uptick as well.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2016, 03:48:14 PM »

Smfh, the GOP is not to blame for having one of their offices firebombed, what is wrong with you?

Of course all the lefties will label this as a reichstag fire. Anything to convince them that one of their own couldn't possibly be violent. Everything wrong in this election cycle must be because of the GOP.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2016, 03:57:02 PM »

I'm not really blaming the GOP directly for this, just saying that when the GOP has run a campaign based on hate, insults, violence, etc., it contributes those elements to a broader culture, increasing the chance of things like this happening. That said, the firebombing is certainly indefensible.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2016, 03:58:43 PM »

Really incredible mental gymnastics people go through to insist there are no violent left-wing extremists.

This. Everybody poops and everybody's poop stinks. If the left wants to be taken seriously it needs to police its own side instead of throwing stones from a glass house. Assuming that the perpetrator of a crime is always "them" instead of "us" is simple minded and bigoted.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2016, 04:08:20 PM »

Whoever did this is a dick. We should find them, throw them in jail, and hope that things will be better in four years. And they are probably liberal, so we should probably just focus on making sure this doesn't happen instead of pointing fingers when it does. But I'm 100% certain that if the Democratic office was attacked, then everyone in this thread would have vastly different reactions.
kyc0705

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2016, 04:19:47 PM »

Whoever did this is a dick. We should find them, throw them in jail, and hope that things will be better in four years. And they are probably liberal, so we should probably just focus on making sure this doesn't happen instead of pointing fingers when it does. But I'm 100% certain that if the Democratic office was attacked, then everyone in this thread would have vastly different reactions.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2016, 04:23:10 PM »

I'm glad nobody carved a 'B' on someone's face!  God i hope that girl still has a scar.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2016, 04:26:02 PM »

Smfh, the GOP is not to blame for having one of their offices firebombed, what is wrong with you?

Of course all the lefties will label this as a reichstag fire. Anything to convince them that one of their own couldn't possibly be violent. Everything wrong in this election cycle must be because of the GOP.

Higgs---

I think you're a decent guy and I think my posts have been crystal clear on this.

This isn't the first time at all where we have seen political party offices, both Democrat and Republican targeted for property destruction.

When I was in High School the Democratic Party HQ in the small county I lived in back in Oregon had a pipe-bomb placed, that luckily never detonated.

The perp was a disturbed individual that I went to Middle School with and knew well in a small town, who became enchanted with a Neo-Nazi organization in High School, The "American Front", that was expanding their organization from Portland down all the way to Southern Oregon.

We beat down the Fascists and stopped their recruiting drive in the Mid-Valley and Southern Oregon, but there is absolutely no moral equivalency between murder committed at the hands of White Supremacists and some teenagers committing property destruction that could potentially have hurt someone, regardless of their political orientation.

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2016, 04:45:47 PM »

Hillary: The attack on the Orange County HQ @NCGOP office is horrific and unacceptable. Very grateful that everyone is safe
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/787763497308418052?lang=de
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2016, 04:46:20 PM »

I guess I'll be the asshole who asks it first: how will this affect the election?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2016, 04:47:46 PM »

I guess I'll be the asshole who asks it first: how will this affect the election?

as much as the failed NY bombings, the riots and the general law and order theme...seemingly not too much.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2016, 05:16:31 PM »

Political media twitter isn't that focused on it, at least on my fead. The focus seems to be more so on Trump's tweets about Paul Ryan.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies