Kasich says if GOP doesnt evolve he will leave it
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 09:26:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kasich says if GOP doesnt evolve he will leave it
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Kasich says if GOP doesnt evolve he will leave it  (Read 2709 times)
hopper
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2016, 05:52:35 PM »

Kasich has a nice way of speaking; but his actual policies are firmly right-wing, I don't really understand all the love for him in the middle or on the left.

and oh ya if your center right or centrist kasich was the best guy in this election period

If you're actually a centrist, then Hillary is the best candidate in this election. Period.

Kasich being some sort of a moderate is a joke. He's just a "soothing Midwesterner" which made him look sane next to the loons he was on stage with.

Moderate Hero is really challenged when it comes to the whole ideological thing. He's literally said that Wall St. stooge Clinton is firmly on the left, while crown prince of the Tea Party Marco Rubio is "centre-right". In addition to this, despite being a self proclaimed "Moderate Hero", he's a YUGE fan of Narendra Modi.

Im not a moderate hero , i just am compared to the far right and far left

Okay. Here's the problem, though: you don't know what either of those terms mean.

Kasich has a nice way of speaking; but his actual policies are firmly right-wing, I don't really understand all the love for him in the middle or on the left.

and oh ya if your center right or centrist kasich was the best guy in this election period

If you're actually a centrist, then Hillary is the best candidate in this election. Period.

Kasich being some sort of a moderate is a joke. He's just a "soothing Midwesterner" which made him look sane next to the loons he was on stage with.

Moderate Hero is really challenged when it comes to the whole ideological thing. He's literally said that Wall St. stooge Clinton is firmly on the left, while crown prince of the Tea Party Marco Rubio is "centre-right". In addition to this, despite being a self proclaimed "Moderate Hero", he's a YUGE fan of Narendra Modi.

Modi is the Reagan and Thatcher(my two favorite leaders of the past 50 years) of India. Plus there are many world politicians   since the 80s i like more then Modi:

Reagan
Thatcher
HW Bush
Bill Clinton(1994-2000 version)
David Cameron
John Kasich

If Reagan, Modi, and Thatcher are your three favorite politicians, then you are nowhere near "moderate".

Modi isnt in my top 3 and I know Reagan isnt moderate but in today's republican party he would be considered one.Again my atlas name is mocking how far right todays gop went more then actully reflecting me. If Kasich was the nominee I would have changed my screen name.

My screen name was Moderate Hero Republican in the Primaries since trump won the nomination i got rid of the republican part of it
On the topic of Immigration Reform Talk Radio wouldn't like Reagan much these days. Also, Talk Radio would probably hate deals that he made with then House Speaker Tip O' Neil.
hopper
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2016, 06:00:05 PM »

It's because he more-or-less represents what politics in general, but especially on the right, should be about: working with political opponents even when you disagree with them, and conveying a hopeful vision about society and the future.  These principles are anathematic to the Republican Party of Cruz and Trump, which eschews compromise and resorts to blaming the "other" for an America they perceive is in decline.  Even though Kasich has many ideas I disagree with, I wish there were more politicians like him and President Obama, with whom I think he has much in common.
Trump already said he would make deals with Congressional Republicans if elected. Trump is a deal maker and not a hard-right winger like Cruz.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2016, 07:33:10 PM »

The Trump wing of the GOP must be defeated and destroyed at all costs.

You are not even a Republican any more. What do you care?
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2016, 07:35:48 PM »

And to RINO Kasich: Don't let the door hit you on the way out, renegade!
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2016, 07:39:26 PM »

the republican party is going to be competetive again if people like kasich...who are pretty right-wing....are center-of-the-road-favorites for the post of candidate.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2016, 07:40:12 PM »

And to RINO Kasich: Don't let the door hit you on the way out, renegade!

says the guy who supports the person that called reagan a fraud,
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2016, 08:21:20 PM »

The Trump wing of the GOP must be defeated and destroyed at all costs.

You are not even a Republican any more. What do you care?

Because they are toxic to our American ideals, of inclusiveness, of fairness, and of the inalienability of human rights. Trump has abandoned all of these, and if one of our major parties follows suit, we're done for.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2016, 10:09:44 PM »

Empty threat. He won't leave the party until after his ridiculous presidential ambitions have passed him.

Well this is implying he is giving them till 2020
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2016, 10:12:07 PM »

Wow! Man makes empty threat at sky hoping someone listens to his "i told you so rant," News at 11
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2016, 10:16:25 PM »

If he is getting accused of being both a RINO and a far right conservative by Atlas posters, Kasich is doing something right.

And yes, he is right about the need to reform the GOP. The truth is that if the GOP had any brains, he would now be the nominee and running 10 points ahead of Clinton.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2016, 10:51:34 PM »

If he is getting accused of being both a RINO and a far right conservative by Atlas posters, Kasich is doing something right.

And yes, he is right about the need to reform the GOP. The truth is that if the GOP had any brains, he would now be the nominee and running 10 points ahead of Clinton.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2016, 10:52:33 PM »

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2016, 11:01:24 PM »

Kasich is probably going to retire two years from now anyway. He's at the end of his career.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2016, 11:16:02 PM »

MAssive FF, of course. Don't like him much on policy, but he's definitely a good guy and not a poltroon.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2016, 11:18:27 PM »

Silly Kasich. The GOP doesn't believe in evolution.

Yeah, he lost the GOP at the word "evolve".
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2016, 11:31:52 PM »

Kasich/Huntsman would've made a nice, calm, sane ticket to coast through the next 4 years.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2016, 11:57:54 PM »

what is he talking about? The GOP is evolving, just not in a direction he finds preferable.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2016, 06:14:48 AM »

Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you, Kay-suck.

Once again, you proved you're no better than a Democrat, which is why you (barely) won your home state and nothing more.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2016, 07:56:10 AM »

the republican party is going to be competetive again if people like kasich...who are pretty right-wing....are center-of-the-road-favorites for the post of candidate.
Yes, the GOP needed moderates like Ronald Reagan and the Class of 1980 to save it from oblivion after their 1974-76 losses.

Trump is NOT a "movement conservative", he's not an "Estabishment Republican", and he doesn't fit into any position mold the GOP has.  Yet he won the nomination by being different.  I believe that Trump, for whatever he has done or will do, has brought to an end the "You're a RINO!" process that was supposed to result in the coronation of Ted Cruz this year.  Big Government Conservative Protectionists nominated Trump, and they are a MAJOR constituency in the GOP.  And they're not going to meekly accept future nomination processes where the choice is one of who's the free-est trader, free-est marketer, lowest taxer, smallest governmenter, etc.  Trump's nomination exposed the fact that the GOP is NOT a "small government" party, and one of the results of this is that folks like Kasich (who is more in line with Trump on issues than with "movement conservatives"; his opposition to Trump is purely personal) will fare better in future Presidential nominating contests.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2016, 09:31:45 AM »

Yes, the GOP needed moderates like Ronald Reagan and the Class of 1980 to save it from oblivion after their 1974-76 losses.

Trump is NOT a "movement conservative", he's not an "Estabishment Republican", and he doesn't fit into any position mold the GOP has.  Yet he won the nomination by being different.  I believe that Trump, for whatever he has done or will do, has brought to an end the "You're a RINO!" process that was supposed to result in the coronation of Ted Cruz this year.  Big Government Conservative Protectionists nominated Trump, and they are a MAJOR constituency in the GOP.  And they're not going to meekly accept future nomination processes where the choice is one of who's the free-est trader, free-est marketer, lowest taxer, smallest governmenter, etc.  Trump's nomination exposed the fact that the GOP is NOT a "small government" party, and one of the results of this is that folks like Kasich (who is more in line with Trump on issues than with "movement conservatives"; his opposition to Trump is purely personal) will fare better in future Presidential nominating contests.
There's one small issue with this: where do the liberal Republicans go? The business-friendly, but (relatively) socially moderate ones who got behind Romney, for instance? Do they become Democrats? Libertarians?
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2016, 09:55:09 AM »

There's one small issue with this: where do the liberal Republicans go? The business-friendly, but (relatively) socially moderate ones who got behind Romney, for instance? Do they become Democrats? Libertarians?

There are no "liberal" Republicans any more then there are any "conservative" Democrats.  There are no Jacob Javits/Ed Brooke types in the GOP, nor are there any James Eastland/Harry F. Byrd figures in the Democratic Party. 

There are Bill Weld-type Republicans who are socially liberal, small-government types.  Over time, they will become Democrats, much as TheShadowyAbyss has.  It would be a rational choice; the Democratic Party under the Clintons, then and now, has embraced a combination of social liberalism and Wall Street-type economic conservatism that these folks are comfortable with.  And the Democratic Party will accommodate them. 

At the same time, many working class Democrats who are supporting Trump will become full-bore Republicans.  Many have already, but there are a number in the Rust Belt that will switch to the GOP due to agreement on social issues, immigration, and trade.  How much of this happens will depend on the degree to which the GOP actively opposes the sort of Globalism that has shafted these folks.

Of course, the GOP, itself, doesn't get it.  I'm watching Maria Bartiromo and Jim Nicholson on FOX right now, and they're talking about how unions won't allow the VA to fire people, how it's like the schools, where prinicpals can't fire "bad teachers" and put "the best players on the field".  The middle class was built on a social contract that offered a degree of stability to folks who worked hard and faithfully.  Is a job, or a career, really a matter of trying out for the varsity team every year, and getting cut when you're not as good as the kid who moved in from another district and is a step faster?  Or the coach's son/daughter?  Trump gets this more than the rest of the GOP, and, in no small measure, it explains some of the disconnect between Trump and the Social Darwinists who have taken the GOP to defeat repeatedly.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2016, 09:57:11 AM »

Considering Clinton has been called everything from "left-wing" and "pandering to the Bernie far left" to "conservative neocon" and "far-right" on here, what does that make her?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2016, 10:05:36 AM »

Considering Clinton has been called everything from "left-wing" and "pandering to the Bernie far left" to "conservative neocon" and "far-right" on here, what does that make her?

A centrist?
Mallow
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2016, 10:08:55 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2016, 10:46:42 AM by Mallow »

A centrist?

It was more a rhetorical question for PeteB, who seems to think that being placed all over the political spectrum by various forum members automatically means one must be "doing something right". Tongue
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2016, 10:42:32 AM »

Silly Kasich. The GOP doesn't believe in evolution.

This. Plus the GOP doesn't even like the word "evolution." Remember when anti-marriage equality Democrats were suddenly saying that they were "evolving" on the issue?

The Republican/Trump Party has been hijacked by the alt right and far-RWNJs like Seriously? The sooner Kasich and other "establishment" Republicans realize it, the sooner they'll be able to save their party; otherwise, the Republican Party is going to transform into a slightly more viable version of the American Nazi Party. These establishment Republicans are oblivious to what's going on in their party, though, as reinforced by the recent booing episodes of Paul Ryan and Joe Heck who disavowed Trump following #Pussygate. 

I concur with opinion on here that the whole "Kasich moderate hero" persona is a sham. This is the guy who tried to turn Ohio into a right-to-work state. As others have said, he only appeared to be "moderate" because he was running against so many fringe wackos, which just goes to show how far right the party has went.

I'm sure the new Republican/Trump Party wouldn't shed any tears over a Kasich departure; in fact, probably quite the opposite as these people are all about defeating RINOs/cucks/and others who have "sold out" to the left. Good riddance, Kasich.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies