Russia preparing for nuclear war, hacking Florida voting data.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:47:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Russia preparing for nuclear war, hacking Florida voting data.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Russia preparing for nuclear war, hacking Florida voting data.  (Read 3112 times)
yawa
Rookie
Belarus
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2016, 03:29:07 PM »
« edited: October 15, 2016, 03:30:39 PM by yawa »

This is what I fear from a Clinton presidency.  Trump wants to work with Russia and I think Johnson would as well to a lesser extent.  Hillary already screwed up this relationship and doesn't want to make a deal with Putin.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/ways-russia-telling-people-prepare-war/story?id=42800992
Putin would be glad to read this post.It proves that his plan to make a mess of American politics is being successfully realized.  
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2016, 03:34:45 PM »

Trump has demonstrated the existence of a real moral majority in American politics - and it damn sure doesn't include Evangelical Christians or other so-called "family values" voters.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2016, 05:56:59 PM »

So Russia hacked our institutions, we blamed them for doing that, and then they're getting pissy and ready for nuclear war? And we should follow their demands?

Well something about the actions in Syria and it is our fault that ISIS exists. So, why shouldn't we at least work with the Russians to stop ISIS?  Maybe negotiate an end to the hacking and a deal for a strategic peace in the Middle East? 

Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2016, 06:00:42 PM »

Can't imagine any friendship more true, long-lasting, and valuable than one with a country that is insisting by threat of force that you accept its candidate to lead your own government. With friends like those...

I'm not imagining best buddies here more like "frenemies".  Have our differences but work out a balance and leave each other the hell alone.  I swear Clinton supporters seem to want war.  Maybe y'all are really neocons.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2016, 06:05:21 PM »

You really should move to Russia if you are so concerned about Putin.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2016, 06:06:21 PM »

Naw I'd move to Australia or New Zealand away from the nuclear winds.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.47

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2016, 06:07:41 PM »

If Hillary Clinton is elected, nuclear war would be all but certain.
It won't for one simple reason:
Mutually Assured Destruction
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2016, 06:08:26 PM »

It's unbelievable how quickly Republicans have gone from rabid, fanatic nationalism to overt treason.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2016, 06:10:54 PM »

It's unbelievable how quickly Republicans have gone from rabid, fanatic nationalism to overt treason.

It's unbelievable how Democrats have sold out for a terrible candidate (or AMG FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT!!!1) even when war is on the table.  No one seems to vote their conscience.  Maybe not many actually have a conscience. It would explain a lot of this election to me.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2016, 06:22:12 PM »

It's unbelievable how Democrats have sold out for a terrible candidate (or AMG FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT!!!1) even when war is on the table.  No one seems to vote their conscience.  Maybe not many actually have a conscience. It would explain a lot of this election to me.

Many of us feel that Trump, with his demonstrated instability, lack of impulse control, and tendency to immediately strike back at any provocation, is far more likely to start a nuclear war than Clinton, a calm and reasonable politician with extensive diplomatic experience.  (And I do have a conscience; I just checked and it's working fine.)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2016, 06:27:35 PM »

maybe i sound like an alt righter here so forgive me, but despite my belief we shouldn't go into war, we shouldn't be so scared sh**tless of war that even the slightest threat of war means we give up our sovereignty, our democracy to another country. Is that a controversial opinion?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2016, 06:28:52 PM »

maybe i sound like an alt righter here so forgive me, but despite my belief we shouldn't go into war, we shouldn't be so scared sh**tless of war that even the slightest threat of war means we give up our sovereignty, our democracy to another country. Is that a controversial opinion?

Not at all.  I agree with you completely.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2016, 06:49:00 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2016, 07:05:53 PM »

where's. the bit on hacking FL data? i see no reference to that in the linked article or the thread?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2016, 07:07:11 PM »

Exactly, else we are truly being conquered. We agree to work with other countries to maximize the welfare of all.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2016, 07:34:06 PM »

where's. the bit on hacking FL data? i see no reference to that in the linked article or the thread?

If you let the video playthrough, the next video is GMA talking about it. 
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2016, 07:36:05 PM »

Exactly, else we are truly being conquered. We agree to work with other countries to maximize the welfare of all.

I'm not suggesting that at all.  Just reaching a neutral agreement with Putin/Russia to not go to war.  We have enough blowback to deal with here without making Russia a full enemy again.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2016, 07:41:14 PM »

Everything you need to know about fancy bear:

Meet Fancy Bear
https://www.buzzfeed.com/sheerafrenkel/meet-fancy-bear-the-russian-group-hacking-the-us-election?utm_term=.kiqDyWWY#.uq279XXx

For the first time in history, Washington has accused a foreign government of trying to influence the US election. Sheera Frenkel investigates the Russian group accused of hacking the US election — and finds they’ve been practicing for this moment for a long time.

Wikileaks Dismantling of DNC Is Clear Attack by Putin on Clinton
http://observer.com/2016/07/wikileaks-dismantling-of-dnc-is-clear-attack-by-putin-on-clinton/
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2016, 07:49:38 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2016, 07:54:15 PM by Jacobin American »

Not at all.  I agree with you completely.

I'm not suggesting that at all.  Just reaching a neutral agreement with Putin/Russia to not go to war.  We have enough blowback to deal with here without making Russia a full enemy again.

While I will always advocate a position that minimizes the chance of international conflict, the simple fact is that America is not the guilty party here. Russia has been hacking into our voting data to tamper with our elections; Russia has moved nuclear weapons into their enclave on the border of two NATO member states; Russia armed the Ukrainian militas, sent Russian forces into the territory of a sovereign state, and essentially seized their territory; Russia has been directly funding and aiding right-wing separatist, Eurosceptic, and anti-immigrant parties throughout Europe; Russia has been propping up the al-Assad regime under the guise of fighting ISIS as the Syrian military bombs humanitarian aid convoys; Russia has been engaging in relentless cyberwarfare against the United States; Russia has been utilizing its puppet Wikileaks to interfere in our election to destabilize our country through delegitimizing our election. I won't deny that the US meddles in Russian affairs as well, that's simply what major states do and always have done, for better or worse. However, it has been the Russians who've disproportionately attacked and threatened their neighbors and deliberately attempt to undermine our government. So the one who needs to concede here and be punished by the international community is Russia, not America. Russia needs to back down, not us.
yawa
Rookie
Belarus
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2016, 08:39:57 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2016, 08:41:48 PM by yawa »

I'm not suggesting that at all.  Just reaching a neutral agreement with Putin/Russia to not go to war.  We have enough blowback to deal with here without making Russia a full enemy again.

Naive people. You don't realize that any agreement with  Putin will be used by him to weaken the USA. Kerry complained during negotiations he was outmaneuvered by Russians http://old.themoscowtimes.com/sitemap/free/1998/7/article/chasing-the-chair/287355.html
Russians outmaneuvered Clinton
http://elections.ap.org/lakeway/content/clintons-moscow-spring-ended-putin-returned-power
As for Trump Putin will mop the floor with him.
Clinton has experience and knows how to deal with Russians.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2016, 09:23:25 PM »

Naive people. You don't realize that any agreement with  Putin will be used by him to weaken the USA. Kerry complained during negotiations he was outmaneuvered by Russians http://old.themoscowtimes.com/sitemap/free/1998/7/article/chasing-the-chair/287355.html
Russians outmaneuvered Clinton
http://elections.ap.org/lakeway/content/clintons-moscow-spring-ended-putin-returned-power
As for Trump Putin will mop the floor with him.
Clinton has experience and knows how to deal with Russians.

Get a better negotiator as SoS? I don't think she did well.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2016, 10:25:51 PM »

Naw I'd move to Australia or New Zealand away from the nuclear winds.

Those countries are even more progressive than the United States.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2016, 10:27:16 PM »

Get a better negotiator as SoS? I don't think she did well.

i dare anyone to find the right approach against a revanchist superpower without either provoking military conflict or appeasement.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2016, 05:38:36 AM »

Attention Putin trolls: you're doing a half-ass job. You can't convince anyone.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2016, 04:40:24 PM »

http://www.inquisitr.com/3598001/russian-trump-hillary-clinton-will-start-world-war-3-be-the-last-u-s-president-ever/

We simply can't take the risk. Better find a fallout shelter asap. Foreign policy is going to be a disaster.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies