Various women accuse Trump of touching them inappropriately megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:19:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Various women accuse Trump of touching them inappropriately megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20
Author Topic: Various women accuse Trump of touching them inappropriately megathread  (Read 24021 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: October 12, 2016, 11:37:58 PM »

I would like to add that this stirs 2 hornet nests:

1) The media will not take this kind of legal harassment when they're just doing their jobs. Trump was already on their bad side, and this just pushes them to dig their claws deeper.

2) This pushes the conversation further into the light and makes the story all that more juicy, which is definitely not what he should be aiming to do. He should be trying to defuse it as much as possible, but instead, he's just adding gas to the flame.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #201 on: October 12, 2016, 11:44:32 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2016, 11:52:50 PM by Boko Harambe »

Still two more actual bombshells to come? There is a God!

at this point they are just trolling

@Liz Mair: The one we discussed yesterday?
https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/786422745764466688

@TheRickWilson Yeah, that's one. The other one is what's implied by the documents our friend dug up-- I'm assuming that has to be very bad.
https://twitter.com/LizMair/status/786423589100589056

i advice you to safe your popcorn.

Someone in the comments section suggested it's Trump paying for an abortion. That's a reasonable possibility I hadn't considered, but I hope that's not it - it would put the woman involved in a terrible position.

In a way, Trump kind of needs all this to come out, because otherwise our imaginations are able to run free.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #202 on: October 12, 2016, 11:45:50 PM »

Still two more actual bombshells to come? There is a God!

at this point they are just trolling

@Liz Mair: The one we discussed yesterday?
https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/786422745764466688

@TheRickWilson Yeah, that's one. The other one is what's implied by the documents our friend dug up-- I'm assuming that has to be very bad.
https://twitter.com/LizMair/status/786423589100589056

i advice you to safe your popcorn.

Someone in the comments section suggested it's Trump paying for an abortion. That's a reasonable possibly I hadn't considered, but I hope that's not it - it would put the woman involved in a terrible position.

In a way, Trump kind of needs all this to come out, because otherwise our imaginations are able to run free.

Oh my goodness. If that is it, that will actually sink him more than the N-word. Heck, it will almost certainly lock in a 40+ state landslide.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #203 on: October 12, 2016, 11:46:22 PM »

Sneaking suspicion it's a Donald/Ivanka sex tape.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #204 on: October 12, 2016, 11:51:27 PM »

Donald: For the sake of New York City, all recent sexting victims of Anthony ‘Carlos Danger’ Weiner should come forward. (2013)
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/360119639017132032

CNN just said there's up to 12 women coming forward against Trump.
https://twitter.com/JessicaScott09/status/786415450787840000

from one of the few GOP professionals who really has done anti-trump research....

Liz Mair: By the way, the two really, really bad stories I mentioned would soon be dropping still haven't actually dropped.
https://twitter.com/LizMair/status/786418574394920960

Trump is going to be a lumping mass of ashes by election day.

Oh, no. Like a coal fire or nuclear reactor meltdown, his campaign will still be merrily burning then, with occassional explosions.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #205 on: October 12, 2016, 11:52:07 PM »

Is anyone else a bit puzzled at why Rick Wilson and Liz Mair are absolutely giddy at Trump's campaign imploding before our very eyes?  I know they want him to lose, but shouldn't they be concerned about the fact that he'll probably drag down a host of congressional races with him?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #206 on: October 12, 2016, 11:53:19 PM »

Is anyone else a bit puzzled at why Rick Wilson and Liz Mair are absolutely giddy at Trump's campaign imploding before our very eyes?  I know they want him to lose, but shouldn't they be concerned about the fact that he'll probably drag down a host of congressional races with him?
You need a big loss to rebuild.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #207 on: October 12, 2016, 11:54:40 PM »

They're of the mind that the Republican Party must be punished for Trump in order to rebuild.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #208 on: October 12, 2016, 11:55:40 PM »

LOL! Suing the press for reporting facts and accounts. OH LORT. FLAIL MORE.

Trump must be really upset he can't pre-emptively ban the 1st Amendment.
Fargobison

« Reply #209 on: October 12, 2016, 11:57:59 PM »

Why, they want to be able to scream "I told you so" to all the people that wouldn't listen to them during the primary.

I also I'm pretty sure  Trumpkins called in death threats to Mair, including calling her mother with threats.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #210 on: October 12, 2016, 11:58:12 PM »

I think we're moving past the mutual assured destruction phase of the Republican civil war and into this phase:

Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #211 on: October 13, 2016, 12:00:36 AM »

And one more, from BattlegroundUtah

http://www.msnbc.com/brian-williams/watch/fmr-miss-utah-accuses-trump-of-inappropriate-behavior-784838211966
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #212 on: October 13, 2016, 12:02:01 AM »

Is this new?

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/10/12/13265670/trump-10-year-old-girl
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #213 on: October 13, 2016, 12:03:32 AM »

Rick is supporting McMullin (idk if he's actually working for him or not), and both he and Liz Mair are pretty obviously on the opposite side of the party from the Trump-cult. Watching Sniffy T. Pussygrabber's campaign catching fire and undergoing multiple reactor meltdowns is something they're enjoying. It shows that they were right, and gives them both job opportunities and chances to push their political philosophies while enjoying his collapse on its own merits.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #214 on: October 13, 2016, 12:10:07 AM »

first liz mair has done anti-trump oppo research for cruz, where she got sacked for an alleged attack on melania...then she has been the (unsuccessful) chief of the lone anti-trump super pac during the primary campaign.....and now she is really really without a party and out for revenge.

reformicons don't care anymore.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #215 on: October 13, 2016, 12:25:34 AM »

Larry Kudlow: All these stories of sex, lies and videotapes. No mention of prosperity-inducing tax cuts DJT contrasting prosperity-killing tax hikes HRC.
https://twitter.com/larry_kudlow/status/786435721657593860
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #216 on: October 13, 2016, 12:36:38 AM »

LOL! Suing the press for reporting facts and accounts. OH LORT. FLAIL MORE.

trump is used to bullying his opponents with fancy letter from his lawyers.
In many cases, the average American he sues will cave to trump ...... but not this time !
The courts will laugh at him, while throwing-out any case he may actually file.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #217 on: October 13, 2016, 12:38:12 AM »

Larry Kudlow: All these stories of sex, lies and videotapes. No mention of prosperity-inducing tax cuts DJT contrasting prosperity-killing tax hikes HRC.

This is just like Jerry Falwell Jr earlier today on CNN saying even if Trump was proven to have committed sexual assault it didn't matter, as long as he was there to appoint Supreme Court Justices to overturn Roe v Wade.  Basically a lot of people just see Trump as a vehicle to fulfill their agenda, be it huge tax cuts or ending Abortion or whatever, and they essentially don't care about anything he does. He literally could kill that guy on Fifth Ave. But at least they are admitting it. Paul Ryan is really no different. He wants Trump to sign all those bills sitting in his desk and therefore he too will support him officially no matter what, but just doesn't want to be seen with him or speak up to defend him.
Admiral Kizaru
Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -3.83

« Reply #218 on: October 13, 2016, 12:41:48 AM »

>Makes campaign all about sexual assault (to attack Bill Clinton)
>Has been groping women himself for decades

Worst campaign strategy since Gary Hart challenged reporters to follow him around and then got caught on a boat with a blonde.
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #219 on: October 13, 2016, 12:42:27 AM »

Burn the house down to rebuild.

If Trump loses, I have a feeling the party will come back (eventually) with a platform that can win them a national election.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #220 on: October 13, 2016, 12:58:22 AM »

Is anyone else a bit puzzled at why Rick Wilson and Liz Mair are absolutely giddy at Trump's campaign imploding before our very eyes?  I know they want him to lose, but shouldn't they be concerned about the fact that he'll probably drag down a host of congressional races with him?

Burn the house down to rebuild.

If Trump loses, I have a feeling the party will come back (eventually) with a platform that can win them a national election.

A platform that the base will then thoroughly reject.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #221 on: October 13, 2016, 01:01:23 AM »

This is just like Jerry Falwell Jr earlier today on CNN saying even if Trump was proven to have committed sexual assault it didn't matter, as long as he was there to appoint Supreme Court Justices to overturn Roe v Wade.  Basically a lot of people just see Trump as a vehicle to fulfill their agenda, be it huge tax cuts or ending Abortion or whatever, and they essentially don't care about anything he does. He literally could kill that guy on Fifth Ave. But at least they are admitting it. Paul Ryan is really no different. He wants Trump to sign all those bills sitting in his desk and therefore he too will support him officially no matter what, but just doesn't want to be seen with him or speak up to defend him.

One thing I hope is that this election is the beginning of the end of the Evangelical wing of the party. They lost the last shred of credibility they had by backing Trump.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #222 on: October 13, 2016, 02:17:05 AM »

This is the New York Times, so I'm more inclined to believe they have some backing than if it was just someone making the claim, but these women need to give us some reason to believe them.

Any of the millions of women who have met Trump at any point in the last forty years could go out in the media, tell a pretty normal-sounding story of sexual assault, act right and say the right things, and get a few friends to corroborate the story.  They'd be no different from these women.  It's not such an ordeal to go through if you hate Trump and want to personally ensure he is not elected president.

Let's also be sure not to draw a parallel between these women and the Bill Clinton accusers, like Trump wants us to.  There's tremendous circumstantial evidence that those women are fabricating their stories.  Juanita swore under oath that her story was fiction.  Willey changed her story multiple times and asked other women to lie for her.  Paula Jones was very plainly out to humiliate and blackmail Clinton from the moment she set foot in the courtroom.  On the other hand, the Trump accusers have no specific evidence against them, or reason not to believe them... it's just we don't have any reason to believe them either.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #223 on: October 13, 2016, 02:44:45 AM »

Trump is sick. Plain and simple.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #224 on: October 13, 2016, 02:51:14 AM »

Remember when Trump threatened to sue the New York Times over his leaked tax returns?
How did that go?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies