NY-19 Teachout vs. Faso
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:24:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY-19 Teachout vs. Faso
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who wins?
Zephyr Teachout (D)

John Faso (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: NY-19 Teachout vs. Faso  (Read 3036 times)
Progressive
jro660

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 11, 2016, 06:41:54 PM »

My money's on Teachout...Faso is a dud
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 06:43:10 PM »

Zephyr Teachout by 5.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 06:47:18 PM »

Really want Teachout to be stopped. Makes me sick when an extreme progressive moonbat wins a swing seat. The bright side is that they are easier to knock off.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 06:52:37 PM »

Really want Teachout to be stopped. Makes me sick when an extreme progressive moonbat wins a swing seat. The bright side is that they are easier to knock off.

You're adorable.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 11:45:34 PM »

Faso is winning by a small margin or tied here. It will be difficult to win unless Trump damages the whole race!

This is the big one Congress wise - Pramila is anyways going but Teachout is a revolutionary person POTENTIALLY & could be Bernie's long term heir!
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 11:56:05 PM »

Faso is winning by a small margin or tied here. It will be difficult to win unless Trump damages the whole race!

This is the big one Congress wise - Pramila is anyways going but Teachout is a revolutionary person POTENTIALLY & could be Bernie's long term heir!
I hope she's stopped.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 12:09:23 AM »

Agree, But the same is true when ultra-right winger wins swing seat. Ultra-rightists and ultra-leftists have more then enough possibilities in "safe" seats. Swing seats "belong" to reasonable moderates))))))
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 12:33:00 AM »

Agree, But the same is true when ultra-right winger wins swing seat. Ultra-rightists and ultra-leftists have more then enough possibilities in "safe" seats. Swing seats "belong" to reasonable moderates))))))

I'm tempted to make a joke about those half-dozen parentheses, your obsession with reasonable moderates, and bronz's obsession with soothing Midwesterners.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 02:20:49 AM »

A poll by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee shows Zephyr Teachout holding a five-point lead over Republican John Faso in the race for New York’s 19th Congressional District. The poll comes five weeks after a survey commissioned by the Faso campaign showed the former state Assembly minority leader holding an identical lead over Teachout.

Source - Hudsonvalleyone

Both campaigns say they have a 5 point lead. This is a truly swing seat if there was one.

This idea of moderates in swing seats being better was debunked long back & has no basis with reality!

Also this fairy tale idea of Teachout 2024 run is weird. Let her get elected. Maybe she will do nothing. For me Congress n Senate is where we need more progressives as that is completely broken.

Teachout has talked about a self-imposed 10 year limit for Congress for her. I hope she works in Congress for 8-10 years, does something & then decides to run for Governor or Senator! I hope that swing seat is converted to solid blue by then!
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2016, 04:01:20 AM »
« Edited: October 12, 2016, 04:19:13 AM by smoltchanov »

I'm tempted to make a joke about those half-dozen parentheses, your obsession with reasonable moderates, and bronz's obsession with soothing Midwesterners.

Do it. And i will make a joke about "progressive obsession" - absolute confidence that only they know what's right, their unsatiable desire to "make happy" all other people (even when these people absolutely don't ask for their "help"), and number of other "progressive features". The "idealistic left" is second category i dislike most (after fanatic right)....

P.S. The only question - what for??? I like progressives in progressive districts, conservatives - in conservative, and moderates - in swingy. IMHO - that's much more natural then somebody's desire to get everything, and then "to show much favor" (according to OWN standards) reputedly "to all"))))))))
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2016, 09:14:48 AM »

What's fascinating is this idea that she's a nut job. Her actual policy platform is not (and was not) anything that outlandish. She's radically anti-corruption, however, and I think what's most fascinating about this is how she vaulted into being a DCCC-backed candidate for a seat she's spent relatively little time in. That being said, that always seems to happen with seats in Upstate: i.e., Sean Patrick Maloney
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 01:58:16 PM »

And i will make a joke about "progressive obsession" - absolute confidence that only they know what's right, their unsatiable desire to "make happy" all other people (even when these people absolutely don't ask for their "help"), and number of other "progressive features".

what
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2016, 01:43:30 AM »

And i will make a joke about "progressive obsession" - absolute confidence that only they know what's right, their unsatiable desire to "make happy" all other people (even when these people absolutely don't ask for their "help"), and number of other "progressive features".

what

that
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 06:00:06 AM »

what

Smoltchanov is an idiot, you see.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2016, 08:15:30 AM »

what

Do you always look in the mirror while typing?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 01:51:51 PM »

what

So the best comeback you could think of was essentially "I know you are, but what am I?"  Sad.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2016, 03:45:38 PM »

what

So the best comeback you could think of was essentially "I know you are, but what am I?"  Sad.

No, sir. The best comeback is: "you are an idiot, sir - i am not"...
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2016, 04:25:36 PM »

It's just a weird post because Nathan doesn't usually call himself a progressive, and I would challenge the assumption that we shouldn't "help" people who don't agree with our political views.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2016, 04:55:57 PM »

what

So the best comeback you could think of was essentially "I know you are, but what am I?"  Sad.

No, sir. The best comeback is: "you are an idiot, sir - i am not"...

K
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 05:21:22 PM »

If Teachout can take the seat and hold it, it'll go a long way to proving that a populist coalition across current party lines is feasible. So I vote Teachout by 1-5, because I need something to go right in US politics this year. Tongue
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2016, 12:19:43 AM »

It's just a weird post because Nathan doesn't usually call himself a progressive, and I would challenge the assumption that we shouldn't "help" people who don't agree with our political views.

I didn't meant this particular person. And i explained many times - why i support moderates in swingy districts (no, i wouldn't call for election of moderates neither in NY-15 nor in TX-13), especially in these extremely polarized times, when almost no one wants to hear arguments of another side and, frequently, uses "brute legislative/political force" to push it's own programs consequences notwithstanding. I also have ample experience (including via Internet - on both Democratic and Republican sites) to support my statement about general political approaches of "activists" of both sorts - in part: their absolute intolerance of other views and their insistance on "you are either one of us, or - enemy!"

Let's end this "discussion" on that and move on. We all will continue to have  our views despite all this talk. Let's respect them even when we don't like them.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2016, 12:29:38 AM »

Is Faso much of a moderate?
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2016, 12:37:59 AM »
« Edited: October 14, 2016, 02:52:08 AM by smoltchanov »

I don't understand why Smoltchanov thinks that "partisan Democrat" = "ultra-leftist". Obviously equating the Republican establishment with their far-right base is appropriate considering that the GOP is an extremist party, but the Democratic Party is very much a centrist, neoliberal party. Democratic hacks like Chuck Schumer/Democratic hacks who are footsoldiers for people like Schumer are no where near "far-left wing".

Activists i met were, usually, to the left of Nancy Pelosi. That's enough "far left" to me, whose "role models" in politics are people like Charles Mathias (and, may be, William Milliken)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2016, 12:39:18 AM »
« Edited: October 14, 2016, 02:50:13 AM by smoltchanov »

Is Faso much of a moderate?

Sadly - not enough for my tastes. Gibson was generally ok for me, though i am pro-choice and he is generally pro-life
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2016, 12:46:14 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2016, 12:49:38 PM by Shadows »

Just saw the 2nd Debate & Teachout is nowhere near as good a debater as Bernie. Bernie would have berned this Faso dude so bad his career would be over. Teachout is not good in responding to attacks & coming with his own hits n contrasting. Faso is a good debater.

Also till date Super pacs & GOP have spend a combined 3M $ odd or close to that & now recently almost 1M $ of ad buys was announced. This is crazy - I don't think any Congress race in the country is getting these kind of spending! This is the No.1 target for Superpac, hedge fund, lobbyists & the GOP.

NY-19 is a hard seat, From 1996, I think Dems have only won it twice in 2006 n 2008. The GOP has had commanding 30% odd victory margins n more most of the times in this seat. It is only in Presidential races that this gets close with NY-19 going either way.

Dems have only won NY-19 when they had big majorities in the House, this is the kind of seat you need to in!

The DCCC is not spending a lot on Zephyr & this race is an absolute toss-up!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies