The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:34:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 150939 times)
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: February 04, 2017, 09:15:27 PM »

-That's truly an awesome one. Are there any Republican mods (other than that other R-MI)?

Muon, Cathcon, Andrew, TJ. Dallasfan is a libertarian. ag, Alcon, gustaf, Morden, and LV are all independent/moderate/apolitical
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #726 on: February 04, 2017, 09:37:29 PM »

-That's truly an awesome one. Are there any Republican mods (other than that other R-MI)?

You are the other R-MI, and y'ain't no mod.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #727 on: February 04, 2017, 10:47:29 PM »

What is a transgender marriage? legitimately confused.

It's like SSM, but both the people are trans.

Cool idea. Let's legalize it if it isn't already.

-It's probably legal, but I'd prefer to repeal Obergeffell.

Even if you did that, wouldn't a trans man marrying a trans woman still be legal? Huh

That would depend on whether the government recognizes transgenderism.
Either way, that would still be legal, doofus.  Smiley
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #728 on: February 05, 2017, 08:44:23 PM »

As long as the Democrats keep voting to let their family members come here, and keep voting to give them money for having children, socially conservative Hispanic and Muslim immigrants will vote for them despite their social views.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #729 on: February 06, 2017, 01:35:57 PM »

Liarwatha beats Schilling 59-39
Tom "The GOAT" Brady beats Fauxcahontas 53-45

You Republicans are trying way too hard with the bigoted nicknames.

Can't be bigoted. She's not a Native American buddy

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #730 on: February 06, 2017, 02:48:02 PM »

I just checked and I have 17. If I find the bastards who reported my crap, they'll answer for their sins. Non-violently of course, I'm not a Republican.

Some serious s**t is about to happen.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #731 on: February 07, 2017, 08:52:25 AM »

Liarwatha beats Schilling 59-39
Tom "The GOAT" Brady beats Fauxcahontas 53-45

You Republicans are trying way too hard with the bigoted nicknames.

Can't be bigoted. She's not a Native American buddy

This isn't the Funny Posts Thread.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #732 on: February 07, 2017, 01:15:30 PM »

If we had gone from 1959 straight to 1981, our country would have been so much better off. Lyndon Johnson had a lot to do with it.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #733 on: February 07, 2017, 01:23:16 PM »

Good, glad she was confirmed. Democrats engaged in so much damn character assassination on this confirmation hearing. not only on DeVos but on all education advocates who supported charter schools or private vouchers.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #734 on: February 07, 2017, 01:36:15 PM »

Good, glad she was confirmed. Democrats engaged in so much damn character assassination on this confirmation hearing. not only on DeVos but on all education advocates who supported charter schools or private vouchers.

It's pretty clear that SunriseAroundTheWorld is a generic Trumpist who somehow gets a pass because he uses big words, or something.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #735 on: February 07, 2017, 02:43:33 PM »

It's pretty clear that SunriseAroundTheWorld is a generic Trumpist who somehow gets a pass because he uses big words, or something.

Not sure how I'm a "generic Trumpist." I don't scream and I don't use empty catchphrases. I don't bend over for alt-rightists. I try to have open dialogues with most of the forum, regardless of ideology. Am I Republican Party hack? Yes, that should've been easy to figure out, but I'm not a Trump apologist. I'll praise him when I agree with him, and oppose him when I don't.

If it makes you feel better I can list all of the things I have already disagreed w/ Trump on. It's a decent sized list.

FTR - I preferred Michelle Rhee or Eva Moskowitz to DeVos. DeVos did not have a good confirmation process - she made many errors but the level of hostility against people who support school choice was unacceptable to me. People need to chill out.

You can vehemently oppose someone without accusing them of wanting to "destroy children's educations." I think its fairly obivous that intelligent supporters of charter schools/school choice don't want to "ruin education."
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #736 on: February 07, 2017, 04:43:45 PM »

I think its fairly obivous that intelligent supporters of charter schools/school choice don't want to "ruin education."
Obviously it would be unfair to say that everyone who supports charter schools wants to ruin education, but undoubtedly the intelligent supporters do.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #737 on: February 07, 2017, 06:25:25 PM »

I think one of the main problems with DeVos is that she was completely uniformed on the issue of public education. I mean, yes, her support for charter schools was going to be a problem for Democrats, but those confirmation hearings were an embarrassment for the Trump administration. There must be a better choice for Secretary of Education.

-I agree.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #738 on: February 07, 2017, 06:32:20 PM »

Frankly I don't care what happens to Indian women until the Lok Sabha repeals Paragraph 377.

Apparently the British are not good enough to govern India but their Victorian laws about sex are just perfect.

I don't mean to sound anti-Indian, cause I'm not. Jamaica has the same problem, but as a major country this issue should have been cleared up years ago.

"Rape is okay if the country has terrible sex laws".
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #739 on: February 07, 2017, 08:06:43 PM »

I don't think that's what Cubby meant...but regardless its a bit of cringy post.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #740 on: February 07, 2017, 08:45:51 PM »

The (quite obvious) point was that his post was pretty clearly in the realm of unacceptable. Your claim that my post says that "saying any bad thing about any group of people ought to be prohibited " also  misses the point. Transsexuality isn't a political ideology.

Your posting history indicates that you believe that people should not be allowed to criticize groups with which you strongly identify, especially atheists and transsexuals.

Yes, this is a strong accusation. To anyone reading this thread who is not familiar with Scarlet's posting history, I encourage you to take a look. I think you will find that I am not exaggerating.

Given that history, unless you can articulate a clear standard separating the hateful from the merely critical, no one should take your judgments about what is acceptable and what is unacceptable particularly seriously.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #741 on: February 07, 2017, 08:51:18 PM »

The (quite obvious) point was that his post was pretty clearly in the realm of unacceptable. Your claim that my post says that "saying any bad thing about any group of people ought to be prohibited " also  misses the point. Transsexuality isn't a political ideology.

Your posting history indicates that you believe that people should not be allowed to criticize groups with which you strongly identify, especially atheists and transsexuals.

Yes, this is a strong accusation. To anyone reading this thread who is not familiar with Scarlet's posting history, I encourage you to take a look. I think you will find that I am not exaggerating.

Given that history, unless you can articulate a clear standard separating the hateful from the merely critical, no one should take your judgments about what is acceptable and what is unacceptable particularly seriously.

-That post is very true, though.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #742 on: February 07, 2017, 09:31:08 PM »

Frankly I don't care what happens to Indian women until the Lok Sabha repeals Paragraph 377.

Apparently the British are not good enough to govern India but their Victorian laws about sex are just perfect.

I don't mean to sound anti-Indian, cause I'm not. Jamaica has the same problem, but as a major country this issue should have been cleared up years ago.

"Rape is okay if the country has terrible sex laws".

Jesus Christ, that is bad.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #743 on: February 07, 2017, 11:20:48 PM »

DavidB. has really been going downhill recently.

Seriously. All of you people (Averroes, etc.) should be ashamed of yourselves.

Anyway. I don't really support deleting posts as a form of moderation, but I do think that ER should face some sort of repercussion for that.
I'll remind you of this when you protest Trump encroaching on dissenters' first amendment rights or something like that. After all, people do need to face "some sort of repercussion" for disagreeing with the status-quo Roll Eyes

Yeah, ER's opinion is probably stupid. No, we should not moderate stupid opinions. It's that simple.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #744 on: February 07, 2017, 11:33:08 PM »

No, he hasn't. He's fine. You not liking his views doesn't make him a bad poster.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #745 on: February 08, 2017, 12:03:40 AM »

No, he hasn't. He's fine. You not liking his views doesn't make him a bad poster.

This is basically the "I put posts in here that I disagree with" thread.

Isn't that what this is for?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #746 on: February 08, 2017, 12:47:42 AM »

Comparing moderators moderating an Internet forum to Presidents suppressing free speech? I'd call that a bad post. But you're free to disagree.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #747 on: February 08, 2017, 08:36:46 AM »

Islamophobic/racist vomit, deliberately rubbing it in when he learns that he hit another posters sore spot, more Islamophobic trash,  likely racism(the bizarre hatred of Obama doesn't seem directed at any policy),  saying that "criticizing the state of Israel is not equivalent to criticizing all Jews" is like saying "I don't hate black people but I support segregation", etc, does
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #748 on: February 08, 2017, 08:42:07 AM »

Wow, almost completed my SJW bingo card now. Great honer!
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #749 on: February 08, 2017, 09:54:22 AM »

I still fail to see how what ag is arguing doesn't communicate some degree of contempt for democracy

Well, to begin with, I find referenda to be inherently anti-democratic. Should I continue?
...What?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies