The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:33:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 151950 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: November 27, 2016, 02:42:19 PM »

Youtuber Stefan Molyneux says the US and other countries will eventually become Venezuela if they embrace Bernie Sanders style economics.

There are not enough pictures of trump begging "how stupid are the people of Iowa" for this post.

I'm just referencing what someone else is saying. Also, it's amazing that I'm being ridiculed by morons who were wrong about the election and ridiculed me for saying Trump was going to win states that he ended up winning, in fact many of my posts on that subject ended up in these "bad post" threads.

well let me break down why the post you made was bad

- The economic situation in Venezula has nothing to do with "Bernie style economics"
- Stefan Molyneux is literally a Men's Rights Activist. Nuff Said.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #226 on: November 27, 2016, 02:55:43 PM »

Youtuber faux liberterian Stefan Molyneux says the US and other countries will eventually become Venezuela if they embrace Bernie Sanders style economics.

Fixed.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #227 on: November 27, 2016, 03:38:25 PM »

Youtuber is probably a more accurate description of Molyneux than faux libertarian, considering all the libertarians have either turned into liberals or alt righters anyway.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #228 on: November 27, 2016, 04:21:44 PM »

We still have a few principled Ron Paul followers around though.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #229 on: November 28, 2016, 06:14:29 AM »

Scalia was every bit as bad and as evil as Fidel Castro was.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #230 on: November 28, 2016, 07:34:12 AM »

mmh. scalia was substantially more evil than castro
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #231 on: November 28, 2016, 11:52:14 AM »

I was unaware that Scalia has had people killed.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #232 on: November 28, 2016, 12:04:52 PM »

I was unaware that Scalia has had people killed.
not directly, sure
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #233 on: November 28, 2016, 12:07:48 PM »

Scalia is against gay marriage

Left: "Nazi bigot"

Castro puts gays in camps

Left: "Free healthcare though..."
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #234 on: November 28, 2016, 12:09:04 PM »

Haven't you not learned that white kid's feelings matter more than the lives of people in third world countries yet? Tongue
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #235 on: November 28, 2016, 03:13:44 PM »

scalia: did everything he could to tear healthcare, education, and welfare in general away from poor people
castro: built a healthcare system better than many "first world" countries', achieved 100% literacy, eliminated several aspects of poverty

scalia: was unrepentant in his vicious hatred for lgbt+ people
castro: mostly grew out of his earliër homophobic views, instituted employment nondiscrimination, free gender alignment surgery, and legal blood donation by gay men (none of which exist on a federal level in the u.s.!) as well as the world's only communist state-owned gay club

scalia: fckin hated women with a passion
castro: ran one of the most gender-egalitarian governments in the western hemisphere

etc etc

and before someone blathers about muh democracy, i'll remind you of bush v. gore
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #236 on: November 28, 2016, 06:55:24 PM »

Is this schtick?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #237 on: November 28, 2016, 07:36:49 PM »

scalia: did everything he could to tear healthcare, education, and welfare in general away from poor people
castro: built a healthcare system better than many "first world" countries', achieved 100% literacy, eliminated several aspects of poverty

castro: mostly grew out of his earliër homophobic views, instituted employment nondiscrimination, free gender alignment surgery, and legal blood donation by gay men (none of which exist on a federal level in the u.s.!) as well as the world's only communist state-owned gay club

castro: ran one of the most gender-egalitarian governments in the western hemisphere

etc etc

and before someone blathers about muh democracy, i'll remind you of bush v. gore

1. I would take a hospital in America anyday over Cuba.

2 & 3. Nobody benefits from an Orwellian/North Korea style regime.

4. America gets to choose its leaders, and every President cannot serve more than two four year terms.

Meanwhile, Castro tried to stay in power forever. When he did step down, he handed power over to his brother. Even the USSR and China didn't resort to dynastic dictatorship.

I'm ashamed that our nation has allowed nations like Cuba, Haiti and Mexico to remain in poverty when they are right on our doorstep. Hopefully this is fixed over the coming years, and hopefully Cuba can move beyond this sad period in it's history and build a better future for their country.
America didn't choose its leader.  Electors (the 'elect') are choosing the candidate who didn't win.  For the Republicans.  For the 3rd time.

Our country has been taken hostage by a minority party through a combination of the electoral college and gerrymandering and a senate already designed to give the rural white states a bigger say.

Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #238 on: November 28, 2016, 10:46:15 PM »

etc etc

1. I would take a hospital in America anyday over Cuba.

2 & 3. Nobody benefits from an Orwellian/North Korea style regime.

4. America gets to choose its leaders, and every President cannot serve more than two four year terms.

Meanwhile, Castro tried to stay in power forever. When he did step down, he handed power over to his brother. Even the USSR and China didn't resort to dynastic dictatorship.

I'm ashamed that our nation has allowed nations like Cuba, Haiti and Mexico to remain in poverty when they are right on our doorstep. Hopefully this is fixed over the coming years, and hopefully Cuba can move beyond this sad period in it's history and build a better future for their country.
America didn't choose its leader.  Electors (the 'elect') are choosing the candidate who didn't win.  For the Republicans.  For the 3rd time.

Our country has been taken hostage by a minority party through a combination of the electoral college and gerrymandering and a senate already designed to give the rural white states a bigger say.

The electoral college is not supposed to be a reflection of the nationwide popular vote. According to our system, Trump won, fair and square. Quit being a sore loser.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #239 on: November 28, 2016, 10:54:53 PM »

You just have to love liberals and their rhetoric.  Scalia had a "burning hatred" for women and gays and hated poor people, and yet the standard of life for the poor in the USA is leaps and bounds higher than the middle class in Cuba.  What does that tell you about Castro's leadership? 
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #240 on: November 28, 2016, 11:52:34 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2016, 11:56:24 PM by Virginia »

The electoral college is not supposed to be a reflection of the nationwide popular vote. According to our system, Trump won, fair and square. Quit being a sore loser.

Are you saying that so long as Republicans continue losing the popular vote but winning the EC, no one can complain about how crappy the electoral college is?

Some of us have never liked the electoral college. At least a plurality of the nation keeps rejecting Republicans and yet they keep weaseling their way into office. Similar issues apply downballot.

If you think all of us are just going to sit here and accept the current system as is, as if it's a gift from God himself, you need to get your head on straight. I don't see the EC as sacrosanct like some others. It's not an acceptable election method to me, for the current situation, for the reason that electors can technically vote any way they want and because it places more value on the votes of others.

But, whatever. Republicans are the ones who have to eat the fact that both of their last presidents initially got into office against the will of the people.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #241 on: November 29, 2016, 12:36:49 AM »
« Edited: November 29, 2016, 12:47:38 AM by Dwarven Dragon »

I'm not saying the electoral college is good or bad. All I'm saying is that to point to the nationwide  popular vote as evidence that a candidate didn't really win is being a sore loser since that is just a statistic that has no effect on our elections. Like the EC or hate the EC it is our system. We can complain about it, but for as long as we have it, we need to accept the results it gives us. While Trump may not have run under your preferred system, that system is not how this country runs the elections. At present, it is done by the electoral college, which is possible to win even if you lose the NPV by >10% (if you win the right states). Under the electoral college, Trump won, fair and square, he is our president, and we need to do as Hillary said and enter his presidency with an open mind. The sooner democrats stop this #NOTMYPRESIDENT nonsense and move on from and accept this loss, the sooner they can start planning to actually win in 2020.

I will also note that it's impossible to say if Hillary would have won under a straight NPV system, because the presence of such a system would changed both sides strategies dramatically.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #242 on: November 29, 2016, 05:02:03 AM »

I'm not saying the electoral college is good or bad. All I'm saying is that to point to the nationwide  popular vote as evidence that a candidate didn't really win is being a sore loser since that is just a statistic that has no effect on our elections. Like the EC or hate the EC it is our system. We can complain about it, but for as long as we have it, we need to accept the results it gives us. While Trump may not have run under your preferred system, that system is not how this country runs the elections. At present, it is done by the electoral college, which is possible to win even if you lose the NPV by >10% (if you win the right states). Under the electoral college, Trump won, fair and square, he is our president, and we need to do as Hillary said and enter his presidency with an open mind. The sooner democrats stop this #NOTMYPRESIDENT nonsense and move on from and accept this loss, the sooner they can start planning to actually win in 2020.

Or you can just stop being such a cuck.

Not everyone is going to accept Trump as their president the same way many people would never accept Obama as their president.  Live with it.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #243 on: November 29, 2016, 11:23:40 AM »

I think people might be at least slightly more accepting of the Electoral College if it manifestly represented some sort of identifiable interest other than a 'weighted' version of the popular vote. There might actually be less of a democratic deficit if it were explicitly a proxy for Congress or state governments or something and the system didn't insult people's intelligence by going through the motions of having a nationwide popular election (or 'muh fifty-one separate elections', whatever).
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #244 on: November 29, 2016, 02:01:38 PM »

Haven't you not learned that white kid's feelings matter more than the lives of people in third world countries yet? Tongue

Well this is ironic
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #245 on: November 29, 2016, 02:18:17 PM »

Well this is ironic
I love it. 
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #246 on: November 29, 2016, 02:50:19 PM »

Through his votes on the bench, Scalia did exercise a tremendous amount of influence. His rulings on such issues as due process, death penalty, civil rights and social programs helped ruin the lives of thousands of people in the United States.

But of course it was just a "diffrent judicial philosophy" for you guys. Nice guy, FF Smiley
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #247 on: November 29, 2016, 06:20:27 PM »

Through his votes on the bench, Scalia did exercise a tremendous amount of influence. His rulings on such issues as due process, death penalty, civil rights and social programs helped ruin the lives of thousands of people in the United States.

But of course it was just a "diffrent judicial philosophy" for you guys. Nice guy, FF Smiley

It's not even a question of good or bad though. It's this farce of equivocating a judge or a legislator to a bloody dictator that is so annoying! It's patently absurd to try this "just as evil" nonsense outside of a very select group of dictators, generals etc.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #248 on: November 29, 2016, 06:31:34 PM »

The defenses of both Scalia and Castro in this thread are pathetic.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #249 on: November 29, 2016, 06:54:01 PM »

It's not even a question of good or bad though. It's this farce of equivocating a judge or a legislator to a bloody dictator that is so annoying! It's patently absurd to try this "just as evil" nonsense outside of a very select group of dictators, generals etc.

What matters are the results. Let's dispel with the fiction legislators or judges bear less moral responsibility for results of their action than others. We may agree or disagree on specific issues, but in the days of day it's all about consequences.

I don't see a judge voting to execute a person whose guilt is in doubt or curtail civil liberties as morally superior to a dictator having a political prisoner executed or suspending political rights. In fact, the former seems slightly worse in one aspect: the standards are higher.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies